PDA

View Full Version : Houdini Question clears esn?

ownmart
04-06-2010, 02:27 PM
so I heard that when you change the esn from one carrier to a different one, it clears the esn.
so say you used houdini to change it to metro, then back to verizon.
would it be then clear on verizon or page plus
or is that not true..but if so I think it'd be worth it to get houdini myself

whitey10tc
04-06-2010, 02:32 PM
so I heard that when you change the esn from one carrier to a different one, it clears the esn.
so say you used houdini to change it to metro, then back to verizon.
would it be then clear on verizon or page plus
or is that not true..but if so I think it'd be worth it to get houdini myselfI don't believe so, Houdini does not have the ability to clear an ESN in VZW or sprints system. Unless things have changed in the past 6 months.

thesmitty68521
04-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Houdini doesn't "clear the ESN" The reason a phone that is blacklisted on Verizon is able to be activated on Cricket is because companies don't share databases.

I have heard that Houdini does something like add ESN's to the database for Metro PCS. Other than that, they don't do anything special.

ownmart
04-06-2010, 02:42 PM
aw too bad =/ no use getting it then since theres no metro around central cali..only in north and southern

Dex
04-06-2010, 03:45 PM
this is how i feel houdini sux and is makin it hard for hard working flashers like us

ten0rplaya04
04-06-2010, 10:51 PM
HAHA yes, Houdini Sucks, but the wireless carriers (who do BYOD) are getting tired of people like us making more money than they are because we're bringing in devices they don't have control of.

As for the question, Houdini will add the ESN/MEID of any phone to the Carrier being flashed to IF that carrier participates (ie MetroPCS, Pocket and possibly now Cricket). Those carriers have the right to deny any BYOD device to be added if it's not flashed with Houdini (ie Pocket).

meanngreen04
04-07-2010, 12:40 AM
I like houdini. I've seen a bunch of stores brick a phone with Houdini. I make money off all their mistakes lol.

totewhat
04-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Houdini? Never heard of it ever til last wk. Now I've heard it a hundred times. Wow!

shanecity863
06-23-2011, 09:26 AM
how do i as a regular person, not a dealer, get esn /meid added to metro pcs inventory? i have flashed phones from verizon, sprint, etc. and upon dialing *228 and #611, i get metro pcs "wireless for all". but since esn/meid hasnt been added to inventory, i CAN'T activate em. So my question is HOW DO I ADD ESN/MEID TO METRO PCS INVENTORY? DOES HOUDINI DO IT? I WANT TO KNOW BEFORE I SPEND MY MONEY ON IT. PLEAASE HURRY

captainkirks
06-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Houdini will only add an esn if your a metro dealer.

rich hathaway
06-23-2011, 11:10 AM
how do i as a regular person, not a dealer, get esn /meid added to metro pcs inventory? i have flashed phones from verizon, sprint, etc. and upon dialing *228 and #611, i get metro pcs "wireless for all". but since esn/meid hasnt been added to inventory, i CAN'T activate em. So my question is HOW DO I ADD ESN/MEID TO METRO PCS INVENTORY? DOES HOUDINI DO IT? I WANT TO KNOW BEFORE I SPEND MY MONEY ON IT. PLEAASE HURRY

use the stores and services tab at the top of the page for metro adds.one of our mods handles those services.

leadnerd
06-25-2011, 01:57 AM
Yeah Cricket has no need for Houdini. They can ad an esn via CiD so for them to PAY money to Houdini why would they?

ciris
07-12-2011, 10:04 PM
post edited by staff

amoamare
07-12-2011, 11:55 PM
What he said ^ except
Thats illegal haha
I'm useless. :(