PDA

View Full Version : Stupid me

lordie
06-16-2014, 02:15 PM
I bought a cdma phone now it doesn't down load internet well always 1x never 3g it is only 3days old
If I go back to gsm phones I have no service in the winter
This cdma phone is from straight talk
I feel I been had cause all the Verizon phone are 4g but straight talk have I been had or just impatient

elisa191
06-16-2014, 02:20 PM
I bought a cdma phone now it doesn't down load internet well always 1x never 3g it is only 3days old
If I go back to gsm phones I have no service in the winter
This cdma phone is from straight talk
I feel I been had cause all the Verizon phone are 4g but straight talk have I been had or just impatient

No you haven't been had

Here is what has happened

You have an android phone I would guess and on straight talk they run all CDMA Android phones on Sprint service because its the cheapest 3g service they can resell. However you probably have terrible service on sprint where you live. Staright Talk uses Verizon service which is probably much better where you live but they only use it on their basic phones so if you want an android on straight talk using verizon service with true 3g data you will need to have someone flash it for you!

Straight talk only offers 4g on gsm/lte networks so that wont work for you or with your phone

Hope this helps

elisa191

lordie
06-16-2014, 02:27 PM
Thanks
I have a cdma-v
Android. From straight talk
What a mess first my net10 gsm a phone didn't work now this. I keep thinking they are fixing the towers around here. I don't know
.this phone has more features and
Better call coverage. Which is awesome.

elisa191
06-16-2014, 05:55 PM
Thanks
I have a cdma-v
Android. From straight talk
What a mess first my net10 gsm a phone didn't work now this. I keep thinking they are fixing the towers around here. I don't know
.this phone has more features and
Better call coverage. Which is awesome.

Yes so you are on sprint

Well before you decide to do anything I would investigate with people you know that have verizon phones and see how their coverage is. If its really good then buy a sprint or verizon android phone and have it flashed to your straight talk account. Dont use straight talks BYOP program or you will just be on sprint again

HAVE IT FLASHED

hope this helps

elisa191

lordie
06-16-2014, 06:21 PM
Thanks
I did research on towers in my area more Verizon than att. So I check around Verizon is better
Thanks for the tips.
Here is one in case u don't know
Net 10 gsm phone bounce off of att and tmobile. Towers.
Learn that one the hard way.
Thanks again

elisa191
06-16-2014, 06:25 PM
Thanks
I did research on towers in my area more Verizon than att. So I check around Verizon is better
Thanks for the tips.
Here is one in case u don't know
Net 10 gsm phone bounce off of att and tmobile. Towers.
Learn that one the hard way.
Thanks again

Net 10 also has a cdma network that runs verizon FYI

lordie
06-16-2014, 08:18 PM
Yes thanks
But not in the store here

elisa191
06-16-2014, 10:57 PM
Yes thanks
But not in the store here

Nope again you have to have your phone flashed to it!!!!

When your ready to do something just click on my link under my username in the left corner and that will take you to my website. Click the contact us and call me and I can walk you through what your best options are that way you get something that you can actually enjoy!

Hope that helps

elisa191