PDA

View Full Version : Moved! (Cricket) Help Writting NV files in a Motorola DROID....

thephoneguy913
03-27-2010, 10:02 AM
I got the Full flash files from my Buddie and I was playing with my DROID for a couple hourslast night....everything went through pretty smooth.....then in the last and more simple part I got frustraded because CDMA Workshop wont let me write te NV files...the process stop at 8% and the phone wont answer anymore....any ideas and how to get this to work?....Please

ownmart
03-27-2010, 01:37 PM
try qpst or bitpim maybe?

thephoneguy913
03-27-2010, 01:45 PM
I tried Bitpim already and is not recognizing the phone...and how to send NV from QPST?....I dont really know....

ownmart
03-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Try EFS Explorer

its in qpst. im pretty sure it has nv items write option

thephoneguy913
03-27-2010, 02:22 PM
OK...im gonna try as soon as I get a chance and Ill post the results....thank you for your help..

thephoneguy913
03-30-2010, 12:03 PM
Hello again...does anybody else have other trick or idea and how to get the NV files written in the Motorola Droid?...I've been trying to make it work for one week now and no luck...I tried CDMA WRKSP...Bitpim...QPST and nothing....Please help :(

whitey10tc
03-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Hello again...does anybody else have other trick or idea and how to get the NV files written in the Motorola Droid?...I've been trying to make it work for one week now and no luck...I tried CDMA WRKSP...Bitpim...QPST and nothing....Please help :( I'm having the same problem as well. With no luck yet!

drkcobra
03-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Neither of these are exactly what you are asking for, however, they might be of some real use to you.

MotoAndroidCGPacker-1.1g.rar:
-------------------------------------
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

L3_A855_Technical_Training.rar:
---------------------------------------

Just because I did not see a specific answer to your question about using QPST, of course start in the configuation section and make sure your Android is seen, the select the Download Software program, and underneath the Backup tab is where you will find the full NV backup option.

I think I have heard that you also need to use HW Virtual Serial Port like the Q to recognize it. If so, for you or who ever else out there who may need it, is all versions of that sofware including the old v2.5.10 that was sometimes the only working compatible version:

HW_VirtualSerialPort2510_3010_3039multi.rar:
---------------------------------------------------------

whitey10tc
03-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Neither of these are exactly what you are asking for, however, they might be of some real use to you.

MotoAndroidCGPacker-1.1g.rar:
-------------------------------------

L3_A855_Technical_Training.rar:
---------------------------------------

Just because I did not see a specific answer to your question about using QPST, of course start in the configuation section and make sure your Android is seen, the select the Download Software program, and underneath the Backup tab is where you will find the full NV backup option.

I think I have heard that you also need to use HW Virtual Serial Port like the Q to recognize it. If so, for you or who ever else out there who may need it, is all versions of that sofware including the old v2.5.10 that was sometimes the only working compatible version:

HW_VirtualSerialPort2510_3010_3039multi.rar:
---------------------------------------------------------

I'll give it a try tomorrow, I had enough of this phone today.

thephoneguy913
03-30-2010, 10:13 PM
I got mine read already...QPST and CDMA WRHSP recognize the phone with no problems...CDMA Wrksp has stoped the download of the NV files at 8% and then it tells me that the phone dont answer....QPST say that the NV files are not Valids....This phone is driving me Crazy..i dont know what else to do... :(

meanngreen04
03-31-2010, 10:20 PM
It won't load the full NV. There are certain addresses that must be skipped. I don't have the exact addresses on hand.

thephoneguy913
03-31-2010, 11:46 PM
So...in the tutorial that I have..it say that you have to make sure that 12 NV items were written to the phone...and thats with CDMA Workshop....so I dont know why is not letting me write them to the phone.. :(

meanngreen04
04-02-2010, 06:02 PM
As per tutorial:

Connect to cdma workshop.

Send spc.

Got to Memory tab in cdma wkshop.

Find NV-Items, Click write, choose the droid nv file.

That should write the nv.

Works for me every time.

thephoneguy913
04-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Thank you brother...I tried that but the problem was in the HWSP....I just Uncheck the NVT Enabled under Settings...and it works...now Im having problems in the "Final Step"....I put my MDN but I dont know what to put in the box for "Path to SDK".....would you please help me with that?

r0mster
04-02-2010, 07:31 PM
The trick is to create com 20 in HW.

And use that post.

Also make NVT is disabled in HW.

thephoneguy913
04-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Thank you for your help...i already got that part...Im having problems in the "Final Step"...I dont know how to run the SDK...I have my files in C ....so it shows like this C:\android ..... but when i tried to browse the SDK file and hit the reprogram...it give me this error "unhandled exception has ocurred....... so I dont know how to fix it....I will appreciate any help.

kc720
04-12-2010, 12:55 PM
create a folder called test in c drive, and put a blank text file in there called "tap"

mikedip22
04-29-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm having the same problem as well. With no luck yet!

make sure you un checket nvt in ip serial port program

whitey10tc
04-29-2010, 06:18 PM
make sure you un checket nvt in ip serial port programOh I got mine solved. with the help of To0.

johnnyv2004
12-31-2010, 10:30 AM
Oh I got mine solved. with the help of To0.

I made the test folder in C: drive with blank tap.txt in the folder and still have not resolved this "unhandled exception" error. I updated framework on windows 7 also. Still does not go through.