PDA

View Full Version : I think I bricked my Pre

Woodstock
03-27-2010, 09:26 AM
I screwed up. I got my wife to read the meid off my clone phone to me and did an meid repair. All went smooth until discovered she read to me an 8 when it was supposed to be a b. So i went to repair that and it wont write. I did a full wipe and restore and now Im back to the original meid but all i get is phone offline. Dialer wont work because the phone is offline. I tried alot of tricks like go to airplane mode and back.

Anybody got any thoughts? Other than dont let your wife read you the meid lol.

thephoneguy913
03-27-2010, 09:39 AM
reflash the ROM...I had one stuck off line too and reflashing the rom did the trick... Hopefully it works for you too ;)

Woodstock
03-27-2010, 04:49 PM
By reflashing the rom you mean to run webos doctor right? I just want to make sure that what you meant. I have done that several times.

Woodstock
04-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Anybody want a crack at it? Its a ****ed shame this nice phone isnt doing anyone any good right now. Just PM me an address and I'll ship it off. U.S. only please.

cjdemille
06-26-2010, 02:20 PM
If you look around online it will tell you, you cannot brink the Webos phones. You need to hook it up to your computer with it off and holding the up button on the side to get the USB logo on screen. Then run Webos Doctor and it will fix it.

phillberr
07-02-2010, 01:58 AM
I don't know if this will help any, this is my first post. I messed up something royally when I typed in the wrong command in root. When I tried to run webos doctor it would give errors, or was unable to turn off phone remotely. A solution that worked for me was to run webOS doctor, go into "bootloader" mode only to make the next arrow available, but then I turned the phone off before proceeding. It worked just fine afterwards.