PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Files is back with an attitude. Split from M-F archive thread.

Help
03-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Mobile Files is back with an attitude.
Not much else it is a bare site... empty

Their admin told me CDMAgurus is a noob site.
I don't know what he was trying to say by that.

Try are not a .com any more. [Only registered and activated users can see links]

thesmitty68521
03-18-2010, 03:11 PM
I have no idea either. And I could frankly care less what is said about our site. We work hard and add things all the time. We have the same stuff on our site they do on theirs for the most part.

I have nothing bad to say about their site at all. They do their thing and we do ours. I have nothing against newbies. All of us started out as a newbie. And I try to help out when I can to teach them and lead them in the right direction.

DankOfOwnage
03-18-2010, 03:15 PM
I think it is kind of lame for them to have derogatory things to say about Gurus just to try and valid their existence.

whitey10tc
03-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Mobile Files is back with an attitude.
Not much else it is a bare site... empty

Their admin told me CDMAgurus is a noob site.
I don't know what he was trying to say by that.

Try are not a .com any more. [Only registered and activated users can see links]
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Gurus does not have paid memberships we welcome everyone noob or veteran flashers.

But what I am saying is that [Only registered and activated users can see links] is not back and most likely will never be back. It will always have copy cat sites with similar names but it will never be the same site, owners, Admins, Mods or even members.

mobilefreedom
03-19-2010, 02:21 AM
They're pretty draconian over there and it is very easy to get banned. They've made it so you actually need 10 posts or more just to see the posts yet they won't let you post extra posts to get the necessary 10 because they consider it spamming. I gamed the system to get in, but frankly, I think their top mod is an elitist egomaniac.

Help
03-19-2010, 10:56 AM
It is 15 posts,until you can see anything or start a thread. They are very draconian (A bit of the God Syndrome).
I like the way Whitey10tc put it. They are not mobilefiles.com.They are fakes that used Mobile files name.
I guess they will have to play gods with out me.

thesmitty68521
03-19-2010, 12:55 PM
They're pretty draconian over there and it is very easy to get banned. They've made it so you actually need 10 posts or more just to see the posts yet they won't let you post extra posts to get the necessary 10 because they consider it spamming. I gamed the system to get in, but frankly, I think their top mod is an elitist egomaniac.

Yeah, the admins on here are just plain goofy.

RIP MOBILE-FILES
03-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Lmaooooooo

drkcobra
03-24-2010, 05:53 PM
I hope I don't fall into that moderator category LOL, they offered me the postition less than 3 hours after I registered. Anyway, they are different and trying to avoid leechers and such, but it is a work in progress. The main advantage of course is the name, as we all deeply miss mobile-files (the original) I am sure.

Anyway, the reason for my post is for the time being if there is a subject on the old MF you remember and want to access, besides the archive.org database, which surprises me it is that old an update - they used to be much better, you do a Google search and when you find 'cached' pages, everything will be there except valid download links. It is not quite as great as archive.org (I have been using them since I first heard of them in 2001 & 2002) but you can find some newer info for as long as Google keeps their caches stored.

Dex
03-24-2010, 06:23 PM
we welcome u drkcobra i have change ur usergroup to reflect ur talents and skills as a MF advisor unfortunally i personally frown upon the M-F.us sit for one charging members and giving props for donations when they are not even needed like that our donations are made strict for hosting and prizes for the forum and of course the guys here helped get me CDMA WS 3.5 as i was unable to afford it and they all chipped in to help me i will say that the premium membership on that site is crap and just another way for them to make money just as i believe the whole site is up for but hey what can u do u are welcome here and we hope u enjoy Gurus. BTW thanks for all ur hard work thats my 2 cents

thesmitty68521
03-24-2010, 06:35 PM
I hope I don't fall into that moderator category LOL, they offered me the postition less than 3 hours after I registered. Anyway, they are different and trying to avoid leechers and such, but it is a work in progress. The main advantage of course is the name, as we all deeply miss mobile-files (the original) I am sure.

Anyway, the reason for my post is for the time being if there is a subject on the old MF you remember and want to access, besides the archive.org database, which surprises me it is that old an update - they used to be much better, you do a Google search and when you find 'cached' pages, everything will be there except valid download links. It is not quite as great as archive.org (I have been using them since I first heard of them in 2001 & 2002) but you can find some newer info for as long as Google keeps their caches stored.

If you ever want to be a mod on this forum, just say the word and it will be done. I have a great deal of respect for you from the old M-F.

As for the new M-F, I don't have a whole lot to say about that. They do their thing and we do ours. Me and the Admin over there finally get along. And that can be good for both of our sites.

Welcome to Gurus.

drkcobra
03-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Thank you for the kind words. My comments weren't meant to be either an endorsement or indictment of anyone as I have the luxury from my previous efforts and reputation of getting a bit of that elistist treatment. What I can say, is the admin over there does give out to those who either do or have made major contributions in the past (meaning the original MF) Premium status. While I understand his reasons and agree with the intent, I am not sure it is the best way, BUT as I learned long ago if you don't have a better idea, shut up. I don't at present have a better suggestion so...

Anyway, enough editorializing (if that is even a word).

I would be happy to help you out as a mod if you wish.
Thanks again for the welcome!

Dex
03-24-2010, 07:55 PM
drkcobra ur wish is my command or smittys which ever u choose u will be made moderator of the motorola section since u r the king of them so enjoy lol

r0mster
03-27-2010, 03:02 AM
Thanks for all the kind words :)

Honestly it does not bother me when my forum is criticized. It will always be.

But different leaders have different opinions about leadership.

A forum is a like a country. Different countries have different governments. There are strengths and weaknesses in any form of government. And it will never be perfect.

We are more of communist environment than here of coarse. And yes it is easy to get banned, especially when you post 15 times in one thread with random letters, then get warned and ignore it. I think a 24H ban is fair enough. i average 1-2 a day, and for the most part it works for most people. They come back with a different attitude.

I don't know about draconian, nice choice of words btw. But with 2,100 members it can get out of hand so we try to reward members for good behavior, and punish those for being bad. Its like a kindergarten in China.

Its hard to please everyone, actually impossible. We can't drop what we are doing and help a member with 2 posts at a drop of a hat. Some people get offended by that and say that we are not newb friendly. Well personally its frustrating sometimes the way people ask for information. Common courtesy goes a long way. Some people will ask nicely and get what they asked for, and some will demand it and get turned down and come to other forums to complain.

That's politics at its best friends. We complain when we don't get our way and criticize other 'governments'. That's life.

And as far as premium memberships. Most of the money goes towards my new VPS, adding games to my arcade (yes its not free, monthly membership to download games, go figure *sarcasm intended*, if you need any games smitty hit me up they have like 7000 ready to download, ill hook you up), i might do a prize thing like smitty who knows, phones. Yes members help pay for some of my phones, so that when i figure out how to flash them I can post the solution for those same members that paid for it. I think its a pretty good deal.

In my opinion the more we share for free the more people will turn into 1-5$ flashers and ruin our market and income. So if we are to limit the information they can get easily and without actually researching we can keep our market alive. Because if everyone can do it the value will drop. Now that may sound like an egotistical thing to do, but you have to think about the big picture, some of us do this for living. If I am spending all my time helping people make money for free than i can't afford rent, bills, and Chinese food. A lot of members are casual flashers and don't profit from this, others put food on their table with it. Thats where basic economics kick in. Corporation fight tooch and nail to maintain profits by....wait for it.....beating the competition. So if we create more competition we lose and they lose because they are killing the market they enter, its a lose-lose.

Anyways I am gonna cut my rant here even though i could go on forever. Hell I can write a book on this haha. Hopefully some of you at least skim over this and see some of my reasoning behind my actions and don;t go off ranting about me without seeing my side of the story.

Yours Truly,
mobile-files.us Admin

thesmitty68521
03-27-2010, 04:45 AM
I agree there are $5 flashers out there. Heck they are even in my hometown. I don't consider them a threat and by no means are they a threat to those of us that make a living flashing phones.

Cell phone flashing just like any profession, has its "lowballers", people who think they beat the competition by charging way lower prices than anyone else. Heck, I even see ads for people who fix PC's and laptops for only $15. Their ads aren't around for long because the business can't survive at those rates.

The same goes for $5 flashes. Flashing is a lot of work and requires a lot of patience and time for research. And customers aren't stupid either. They aren't likely to pay someone $5 to flash their phone and hope it works. Reputation still matters and it takes a long time to build up a client base in this business.

$5 flashers will be around no matter what is done. CDMA Gurus works off the principle that the members police themselves. If someone has done nothing but ask for help without searching and offers nothing to the community, they just aren't helped out. And that is beginning to happen now even with our smaller member base. With that in mind, nobody is going to waste a lot of time making $5 a flash if they have to put in that many hours.

As you are proud of your forum, we are also proud of ours. CDMA Gurus leads the way in how forums are run and maintained. Our contests, arcade, Hall of Shame, Cricket Mafia Section, etc. have been duplicated on other forums that have been around longer than us. And we have many other ideas to keep this site at the forefront.

I appreciate the offer for help for our arcade as well. However, we subscribe to the very same website you do. lol Everything is going to work out great for both of us.

However, because I have been so concerned with the new Mobile-Files clone affecting both of our forums, I have been sleepless for the last week. I am very concerned about being able to keep up with them.

r0mster
03-28-2010, 12:44 AM
The new mobile files clone?

Is there another?

whitey10tc
03-28-2010, 12:56 AM
The new mobile files clone?

Is there another?
Yup, but I don't think it'll be much to stress about. They currently have 16 members and have been up for about a week or two.
The Admins try to spam different forums to advertise but they don't get to far before being banned or deleted. Saw one of them spamming on ppcgeeks he got about 5 posts in before they were all deleted.

r0mster
03-28-2010, 01:12 AM
Oh man I got one of those a week back!

Gotta love the prune feature :)

Deleted and perma banned. Site looked like a 5 year old made it. Makes your eyes water after 5 minutes.

r0mster
03-28-2010, 01:23 AM
So i just looked over out new amazing competition.

90% are fake threads.

I looked at 3-4 solutions.

All copied word for word from my site.

No doubt there are some from here.

thesmitty68521
03-28-2010, 01:38 AM
Yeah. That happens. No big deal to me. They are going to have quite a challenge getting noticed. Our site's name is one that is new. It has taken us awhile to get anywhere on Google.

We are steadily growing about 100 a week just by google and letting others know we are around.

This new site will not be around long. Once they realize how much work goes into it, they will be gone.

r0mster
03-28-2010, 03:06 AM
Lol i know i registered and my account got deleted after i asked why he is stealing solutions.

GravyBaby
03-29-2010, 09:52 PM
I guess I am another one kicking rocks... I was engaged to me eyeballs in MF.com and then started to become more involved in MF.us. But out of no where, I cant sign on today. I did no harm, never talked trash or disrespected anyone in any way.. and im not "banned" according to insaincain, but cant sign on from home or my store..

Its just frustrating, perhaps its time to find a new home.. Lets see how things pan out here I guess..

thesmitty68521
03-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Well, welcome to Gurus. We hope you like your new home.

GravyBaby
03-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Thanks. I bet some of my work is on here.. ill have to look around. heh.

Mr._Pseudonym
03-30-2010, 03:13 PM
In my opinion the more we share for free the more people will turn into 1-5$ flashers and ruin our market and income. So if we are to limit the information they can get easily and without actually researching we can keep our market alive. Because if everyone can do it the value will drop. Now that may sound like an egotistical thing to do, but you have to think about the big picture, some of us do this for living. If I am spending all my time helping people make money for free than i can't afford rent, bills, and Chinese food. A lot of members are casual flashers and don't profit from this, others put food on their table with it. Thats where basic economics kick in. Corporation fight tooch and nail to maintain profits by....wait for it.....beating the competition. So if we create more competition we lose and they lose because they are killing the market they enter, its a lose-lose.

:^, Heh. By contrast, I earn my living by creating the silicon wafers that get made into the silicon chips that make modern electronics possible. So, the more cheaply people can get their cellophones flashed, and the more phones get bricked by $5.00 flashers, the more new phones people will buy, and thus the more silicon wafers our factory can sell. Soooo, I hope our site helps the number of "Trasher Flashers" to double.

;^) Heh, heh, hehhhhh!

r0mster
03-31-2010, 10:39 PM
Thats plain evil lol.

And gravy your not banned in any way i dont know why you cant sign in and i did try to fix it. Ill look into to it some more.

Just double checked your ips and all are not on the banned list and they are not banned in my control panel.

Try accessing through a proxy.

whitey10tc
03-31-2010, 11:21 PM
Thats plain evil lol.

And gravy your not banned in any way i dont know why you cant sign in and i did try to fix it. Ill look into to it some more.

Just double checked your ips and all are not on the banned list and they are not banned in my control panel.

Try accessing through a proxy.Man who patrols m-f.us for spamming posts, I reported some for ya. 5 pointless posts in one thread.
Also for gravy double check your password and also see if you can reset it. I had to play with mine after the update. for some reason it thought it needed caps lock on.

jogitoxxx
05-03-2010, 04:11 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Gurus does not have paid memberships we welcome everyone noob or veteran flashers.

But what I am saying is that [Only registered and activated users can see links] is not back and most likely will never be back. It will always have copy cat sites with similar names but it will never be the same site, owners, Admins, Mods or even members.

you're all right , it will never be the same.....mo-fi.com was one of the the best flashing sites, now it's a f******g Nazi site.

samsungd415
05-19-2010, 04:56 AM
Just want to clearify from what i know. The Mobile-files*com and Mobile-files*us are not the same. It just that MF are so popular and after it offline poeple are so dead need it them that how it got *us but it not the same people who ran the *com. yeah i missed the *com. Anyone regconize my username heheheheh first post too.

drkcobra
05-19-2010, 12:08 PM
Just for clarification, it is NOT the same people running it. Unlocker started the original Mobile-Files.com and he has no part of the Mobile-Files.us. He is the one who created SETool and used the forum originally to support that product.
Naturally, many of us deeply missed the original and as we started finding MF.us, there were those, such as myself, who were well know from the original MF.com, and were offered "jobs" similar to those we held on the original MF.com. In my case, moderator of the Motorola section, just as held from the original.

Just on an unrelated side note that I think is funny, I became the moderator on MF.us about 11 hours after registering, and here on CDMA Gurus, it was 2 hours after registering when I was given the position. That is going to be a hard record to break. LOL