PDA

View Full Version : Silver/grey Samsung Alias (U740) won't read

thesmitty68521
03-26-2010, 01:12 PM
I have never had a problem with a black Samsung Alias getting to read in Samsung PST. However, the silver/grey ones never read.

Is there another DLL for this phone? If so, does anyone have it? Thanks for your help.

bigglou23
03-26-2010, 01:47 PM
Ive been having the same problem Smitty, but on both colors.
Honestly i dont think the color has anything to do with it.
pst reads the phones on the wrong ports and i have tried
everything to get it to read the correct one, but no go.

thesmitty68521
03-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too. I wonder what that is all about. I tried to do a reset of the phone to see if that would work. It didn't.

When I get time later, I am going to write another bin to it and see if that helps.

This is a crappy phone to begin with. Don't know what people see in them. lol

But hey, money is money

ownmart
03-26-2010, 05:09 PM
same here i cant read my silver either. cdmaworkshop reads fine but pst is a negative.
i even went to settings hit # then 000000
and tried dm mode that was=still nothin

thesmitty68521
03-26-2010, 05:58 PM
same here i cant read my silver either. cdmaworkshop reads fine but pst is a negative.
i even went to settings hit # then 000000
and tried dm mode that was=still nothin

It isn't going to matter what mode it is in. Biglou was right when he pointed out it is reading from the wrong port. That is where our problem is. I am going to toy with it tonight and even load a different bin to it and hopefully that will work.

ownmart
03-26-2010, 11:51 PM
I did notice that it was reading the wrong port as well, then pointed it to the right one and it kept reverting, was wierd. first ive ever come across

eric303
03-27-2010, 12:51 PM
I've had this problem myself, but at the same time I have 3 computers going at the same time, so if one computer dont work, I just skip to the next one and by the 3rd one i usually get one to pick it up lol

ownmart
03-28-2010, 03:30 PM
This was found on howard forums

Posted by: Mark_Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
No matter what I set the com port for... (QPST wants to use Com9), PSTLite always goes back to Com 8 (Samsung Modem)...

Ok, I got it.. Went into Device Manager... DISABLED the Samsung Mobile Modem.. then opened PSTLite, set it to COM 9 (which is Samsung Mobile Modem Diagnostic Serial Port (WDM))

it would try and reset back to com 8, but after a few attempts, I was successful in turning it back to com 9...

Now it works

EDIT: But as soon as I re-enable the Samsung Mobile Modem (Com8), PSTLite wants to hit that port no matter what

bigglou23
04-19-2010, 04:49 AM
Has anyone come up with a solution for this problem yet?
Ive tried it all, and frankly its pissing me off! :(

p.s. Thank you ownmart for that post, but it does not work for me.

Dex
04-19-2010, 11:12 AM
the uart diag port is prolly set to null

123456&
04-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Hi guys.
i was having same problem today with u740, but this is what i did it.

i used bitpim-1.0.7.

do this open bitpim read your phone with bitpim then close bitpim and open pst lite you'll be able to read u740.

ownmart
04-19-2010, 12:45 PM
do that or disable the modem port in the Computer Management and itll work

Woozy82
04-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Any time i have this problem i just uninstall "SAMSUNG USB Composite Device" under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" in Device Manager. unplug & plug back in, Microsoft will assign new COM numbers then go straight to SamPST, and if necessary in SamPST Setup, Port Setting set the Port Number to match the "SAMSUNG Mobile Modem Diagnostic Serial Port (WDM)(COM?)" under "Ports (COM & LPT)" in Device Manager. Works every time for every model

If it doesn't show at all in Device Manager, do like Dex said and set uart diag port to usb: from phone, setting, #, User Lock is zero's or three's carrier dependent, port map

drummerboy42
04-23-2010, 10:13 AM
I have set both ports to the same com and that has worked for me. Also, I've used CDMA WS to put it in Offline-D mode then switched to SPST. Try that Smitty.

Woozy82
04-28-2010, 04:24 PM
I have set both ports to the same com

you shouldn't set both modem and port to the same number ever, they will coflict with each other causing that infamous yellow excamlation point. All phone flashing aplications use the port if it exist, if it doesn't exist then the modem is used, so the only time you need to adjust the modem number is when a device doesn't have a port

bigglou23
05-20-2010, 01:50 AM
Any time i have this problem i just uninstall "SAMSUNG USB Composite Device" under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" in Device Manager. unplug & plug back in, Microsoft will assign new COM numbers then go straight to SamPST, and if necessary in SamPST Setup, Port Setting set the Port Number to match the "SAMSUNG Mobile Modem Diagnostic Serial Port (WDM)(COM?)" under "Ports (COM & LPT)" in Device Manager. Works every time for every model

If it doesn't show at all in Device Manager, do like Dex said and set uart diag port to usb: from phone, setting, #, User Lock is zero's or three's carrier dependent, port map

Nice work Woozy, worked great tyvm :)