PDA

View Full Version : LG Dare Service Required

thesmitty68521
03-19-2010, 03:02 PM
I had someone bring on an LG Dare that had "Service Required" on it and no signal.

I tried writing the ESN to the phone, the PRL, and even restore the phone. I get an error that says "restore not available" when I try this.

As a last ditch effort, I tried to rewrite the BIN, PRL/SCR to the phone and that still didn't do anything to fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

nicholass balls
03-19-2010, 04:05 PM
try a different prl?

usually that has something to do with the esn/meid

RIP MOBILE-FILES
03-19-2010, 04:19 PM
what ever you used to program it use the same program to do a reset and it should fix it worked for me on a couple of dare when i reset it with lgnpst

thesmitty68521
03-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I have tried that. I have tried several PRL's, Just reloading the bin, scr, and prl to the phone then rewriting the ESN to the phone.

It says what the PRL is in CDMA Workshop but when I look in the phone, it says "PRL: none". That just might be where my problem is. I've never came across this problem before.

Dex
03-19-2010, 04:42 PM
u have to use the refurb option in lgnpst to restore the nv settings after that then load a prl and eri

DankOfOwnage
03-19-2010, 05:37 PM
u have to use the refurb option in lgnpst to restore the nv settings after that then load a prl and eri

yeah i remember when Dex was helping me out...it was saying the prl was the old Verizon prl...i switched prls in QPST...i went and reloaded the same prl in LGNPST and it read correctly after that.

thesmitty68521
03-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Yeah, that didn't work. It sucks. But I did notice that the phone got really hot when it was plugged in. So, I just gave it back to the customer. I've never had a problem like that before. I usually just reload the PRL and make sure the ESN isn't 0'd out.

Woozy82
03-20-2010, 05:00 AM
Yeah, that didn't work. It sucks. But I did notice that the phone got really hot when it was plugged in. So, I just gave it back to the customer. I've never had a problem like that before. I usually just reload the PRL and make sure the ESN isn't 0'd out.

should have checked for liquid or impact damage, liquid indicators can be misleading you may have a hardware problem that needed to be addressed before any software solution would work. I say this because you said phone gets hot

jhepoi26
03-26-2010, 11:42 AM
I have the same problem too i even tried to hardware only few may passed but most of it failed...im still wondering if there any solution for it? It really get hot after you flashed it...:confused:

rjq1125
07-03-2010, 04:14 AM
I have had the same problem, said service required. when I would press *228 it wouldnt even connect. But when I pressed *22804, it took me to a cricket operator. So after long hours I finally loaded the stock software and it worked again. I loaded it in lgnpst. After it was loaded I then used a cricket SCR, still with lgnpst. After that was loaded I went into CDMA WS and edited MIN / MDN / SID / NID , restarted it and it worked. Hope This Helps.

rickdogg66
09-08-2010, 05:57 PM
how do you reset lg dare thats been bricked. Will not charge.

Dex
09-08-2010, 08:06 PM
U take it to a gun range select ur weapon of choice and open fire

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

whitey10tc
09-08-2010, 08:53 PM
U take it to a gun range select ur weapon of choice and open fire

Sent from my PC36100 using TapatalkPlease review the posted rules, hijacking threads is not allowed.

Killgorian
10-06-2011, 07:26 PM
For future reference to anyone with this issue coupled with a phone, any phone, getting hot, what you more than likely have is a short in the main board. First try changing the battery, and if that doesn't work, try opening the phone and cleaning with denatured alcohol and an old toothbrush. Just stay away from the mic and any speakers. This should clear any dirt/corrosion interfering with the main boards conductivity. If that doesn't work, you're probably done. :(