PDA

View Full Version : YAHOO POP3 settings FORWARDING FREE

Help
03-18-2010, 10:20 PM
This hack applies to users that have the regular non-enhanced yahoo account. It involves changing your default location in your yahoo settings. (Changing it to Yahoo Asia.) This does not change any other major settings nor will it mean that your web page will not be in English. Changing your location gives you access to your POP3 settings if these were otherwise blocked. This also will allow you to use the same POP 3 settings in MS Outlook.

This hack is completely legal, you are simply taking advantage of a work-around that Yahoo already has in place.
Quote:
Sign in at the main (not mail) Yahoo Page ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).
To the right you'll see where it says "Hi Username", it's a drop down box. Click on the drop-down box and choose Account Info.
At this point you may be asked to verify your password again, go ahead and do so.
Scroll down to account settings and go to 'set language site and time zone'.
Choose "Yahoo Asia" from the drop-down box.
Follow the instructions and click finished when you are done.
Sign Out

When you sign back in to Yahoo Mail (][Only registered and activated users can see links]), you will now see the "Yahoo Asia" logo
Select Options (near the top right) Then in the drop down chose more options
Then on the left hand side of the page select POP & Forwarding.
Don’t worry about the under-construction bah bah bah. Click on Set up POP & Forwarding
You will now have a "POP3 Access and Forwarding".

Make sure you change your email client back to pop.mail.yahoo.com & smtp.mail.yahoo.com!

For email purposes, nothing else seems to have changed, and it's all still in English (or whatever language you had it set for). If you use Yahoo as your home page, there may be further differences (like the headlines). You can change back to Yahoo USA after the changes without losing POP3/SMTP access but you do lose the ability to get into the POP3 radio button menu.

One housekeeping point: Any mail previously marked as "read" and stored on the Yahoo server will be downloaded again (since your email client has never accessed it before via POP3). It will, however, respect the "leave on server" setting - and things should work correctly going forward.
Server Settings
Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.com
Use SSL, port: 995

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication

Found at HelloMotoQ ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Help
03-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Well after a week or so, somehow the Asia logo was changed back.
I still have pop3 and forwarding working. I dont know what happened. I did lose the radio button, I'm fine with that.
I just thought I'd update you.