PDA

View Full Version : LG Dare "Camera Start Error"

ownmart
03-15-2010, 01:36 PM
tried the following:
Push on flash not the lens itself
reloaded software, not upgrade

I looked on google and some said had to take it apart other than that if anyone has any info let me know

Tannus
03-15-2010, 02:16 PM
I had 1 that did that once. The camera connector had randomly popped loose. I took it apart & reconnected it & it worked fine. I hope that's what it is.

ownmart
03-16-2010, 02:24 PM
ive got 2 with this error, one i stripped a screw...so thats a no go the other haven't taken apart just yet

love2sin
03-16-2010, 08:22 PM
I had 1 that did that once. The camera connector had randomly popped loose. I took it apart & reconnected it & it worked fine. I hope that's what it is.

Yes , 99.99% of the time the Camera just needs to be reset on the board . It probably just "popped loose"

love2sin
03-18-2010, 12:32 AM
ive got 2 with this error, one i stripped a screw...so thats a no go the other haven't taken apart just yet

If you stripped the screw try using a Phillps Screw Driver the next size up. When you're unscrewing it apply a little pressure or you can also try a small flat head ????

drummerboy42
03-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Just pushed REAL hard on the flash area and "snap." No more error. My buddy was so stoked. He was prepared to pay the difference on a replacement. You think he would of bought me lunch or something. Anyway, Thanks for the post. I figured it was a firmware issue, until I stumbled upon your thread in the new posts.

ownmart
03-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Just pushed REAL hard on the flash area and "snap." No more error. My buddy was so stoked. He was prepared to pay the difference on a replacement. You think he would of bought me lunch or something. Anyway, Thanks for the post. I figured it was a firmware issue, until I stumbled upon your thread in the new posts.

well then glad it worked for you :) maybe ill press hard on the ones i cant take apart

jhepoi26
09-19-2010, 07:14 AM
tried the following:
Push on flash not the lens itself
reloaded software, not upgrade

I looked on google and some said had to take it apart other than that if anyone has any info let me know

It is hardware solution just tried to replace the 3 LDO's of the camera U409,U410,U414 or maybe it the image sensor and Multimedia processor replace it. Here's the clue if it says camera start error just a second after opening the camera just tried to replace the LDO's and if it is says camera start error longer than 10sec just replace Image sensor or Multimedia.