PDA

View Full Version : Mogul No Radio fix

Help
03-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Has anyone found a way to repair a HTC Mogul, That boots thru the first welcomehead,. The second welcomehead boots for about 5-6 seconds and says "NO Radio" in the lower part of the screen. Then it just repeats to process (the boot loop).
I have not found been able to find a fix for this, I've been searching for a while.

Thanks For Your Help

whitey10tc
03-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Has anyone found a way to repair a HTC Mogul, That boots thru the first welcomehead,. The second welcomehead boots for about 5-6 seconds and says "NO Radio" in the lower part of the screen. Then it just repeats to process (the boot loop).
I have not found been able to find a fix for this, I've been searching for a while.

Thanks For Your Help
Simple fix is flash a new radio. Her is a link to one [Only registered and activated users can see links]
easiest way is to put the nbh file on the root of ur SD card rename it to titaimg.nbh and put the phone into bootloader. then follow the onscreen directions. After that it should boot.

Help
03-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Simple fix is flash a new radio. Her is a link to one [Only registered and activated users can see links]
easiest way is to put the nbh file on the root of ur SD card rename it to titaimg.nbh and put the phone into bootloader. then follow the onscreen directions. After that it should boot.
It loaded the radio file fine. IT says "Update Complete, UPDATE SUCCESS". But it still just does the boot loop and says "No Radio" .
The simple fix never works for me. Is there another way?

whitey10tc
03-14-2010, 09:40 PM
It loaded the radio file fine. IT says "Update Complete, UPDATE SUCCESS". But it still just does the boot loop and says "No Radio" .
The simple fix never works for me. Is there another way?How far have you got into flashing this Titan? Are you flashing to cricket? What is the SPL version #? Was it a GPS ROM originaly? Who was the original carrier? Have you tried flashing back to a carrier shipped exe ROM? Alot more question but lets go with these to start.

Help
03-14-2010, 09:59 PM
I found two of these. out of a box of junk phones I got for some work I did. (The other one has a bad usb I think. I charges but the computer doesnt see it. It seams to work other than that)
They both have custom Cricket Roms. This one is a Sprint. SPL-2.40.Olipro,CPLD-9. No, I have not Flashed it to a Sprint ROM. I think this is a GPS ROM, but I'm not sure. How do I find out and what stock ROM would I use? and yes I want them on CricKet.

whitey10tc
03-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Here is a step by step tutorial [Only registered and activated users can see links] it has a shipped Sprint ROM linked in step 3. Your unlocker is a GPS unlocker. Try flashing the Sprint ROM but DON"T LET THE CUSTOMIZATION RUN. You could also try a hard reset before going to the extent of going back to OC.

Help
03-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Here is a step by step tutorial [Only registered and activated users can see links] it has a shipped Sprint ROM linked in step 3. Your unlocker is a GPS unlocker. Try flashing the Sprint ROM but DON"T LET THE CUSTOMIZATION RUN. You could also try a hard reset before going to the extent of going back to OC.

It took the stock ROM and loaded it just fine. Now I only see one welcomehead screen (HTC smart mobility). It stays up for about 10-11 seconds. Then says "No Radio" goes back into the boot loop. Thanks for your help. Any other Ideas ???

whitey10tc
03-15-2010, 12:24 AM
It took the stock ROM and loaded it just fine. Now I only see one welcomehead screen (HTC smart mobility). It stays up for about 10-11 seconds. Then says "No Radio" goes back into the boot loop. Thanks for your help. Any other Ideas ???
Take a look at this post on ppcgeeks.com [Only registered and activated users can see links] it may or may not work. But at this point what will it hurt, Right? There are many more posts discussing this issue on both xda and ppcgeeks. I've had it happen but usually flashing the new radio or Sprint shipped ROM solves it.
It could also be a hardware issue...

Help
03-15-2010, 12:42 AM
I am downloading the ROM now. Not that it matters (the phone being in paper-weight mode), but are these GPS?

First install the following ROM and do not let customizations to run after install after it boots.
1. ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...RUU_signed.rar
Then relock the phone. After install verify you have bootloader 1.07 or 1.06( I forget which)
2. ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/ImCoK...n_Relocker.exe
Then install this rom and do not let customizations run.
3. ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Titan/CarrierRoms..._0718_Ship.exe

How do I tell if I have bootloader 1.07 or 1.06. Or does not matter at this point?

whitey10tc
03-15-2010, 12:53 AM
I am downloading the ROM now. Not that it matters (the phone being in paper-weight mode), but are these GPS?

First install the following ROM and do not let customizations to run after install after it boots.
1. ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...RUU_signed.rar
Then relock the phone. After install verify you have bootloader 1.07 or 1.06( I forget which)
2. ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/ImCoK...n_Relocker.exe
Then install this rom and do not let customizations run.
3. ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Titan/CarrierRoms..._0718_Ship.exe

How do I tell if I have bootloader 1.07 or 1.06. Or does not matter at this point?
This is one way of try to restore the phone to original shipped pre GPS state, You'll be able to tell the bootloader by going into the bootloader screen.

It is a pain to unbrick but it is possible. Always possible it depends on your time and patience. Last one I did took me a week to get it done.

Help
03-15-2010, 01:42 AM
This is one way of try to restore the phone to original shipped pre GPS state, You'll be able to tell the bootloader by going into the bootloader screen.

It is a pain to unbrick but it is possible. Always possible it depends on your time and patience. Last one I did took me a week to get it done.

I flashed it twice with Sprint_2.17_OS_RUU_signed.nbh stock ROM. It loaded "Update Complete, UPDATE SUCCESS". But bootloader is still SPL-240.
I guess tomorow be searching xda ppcgeeks. I'm going to bed here soon. I'll check back in the morning, just in case you Gurus think of anything else I might try.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
You guys rock, I didnt know you could return one from GPS. This is a very Knowledgeable site. thanks again

whitey10tc
03-15-2010, 01:48 AM
I flashed it twice with Sprint_2.17_OS_RUU_signed.nbh stock ROM. It loaded "Update Complete, UPDATE SUCCESS". But bootloader is still SPL-240.
I guess tomorow be searching xda ppcgeeks. I'm going to bed here soon. I'll check back in the morning, just in case you Gurus think of anything else I might try.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
You guys rock, I didnt know you could return one from GPS. This is a very Knowledgeable site. thanks againIt's not always recommended to revert to pre GPS but it can be done.

Help
03-15-2010, 02:21 PM
I have master reset phone, loaded a titan radio and the Sprint_2.17_OS_RUU_signed.nbh stock ROM.
All loaded ok "Update Complete, UPDATE SUCCESS". but still shows SPL 2.40
It just boot loops and says "no radio".
My searches bring up these same things I've tried. Any other Ideas or do I have a brick?

whitey10tc
03-15-2010, 02:37 PM
I have master reset phone, loaded a titan radio and the Sprint_2.17_OS_RUU_signed.nbh stock ROM.
All loaded ok "Update Complete, UPDATE SUCCESS". but still shows SPL 2.40
It just boot loops and says "no radio".
My searches bring up these same things I've tried. Any other Ideas or do I have a brick?You have a brick. If I can think of anything else I'll post it.

Help
03-15-2010, 02:47 PM
You have a brick. If I can think of anything else I'll post it.

I was afraid of that. What are the chances, that I could take the guts of the one that as a bad usb, but works, and put it in the shell of the brick?

Help
03-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Well the Zero G went in just fine. Downloaded the radio. Now my computer is not seeing my card reader. It will take me a few mins to restart the comp. Thank you for the help

Help
03-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Well thanks again, but still no radio. The rom and the radio all went in Ok "Update Complete, UPDATE SUCCESS". Hard reset fine , left the battery out 3 mins. I looked good ,then the 2nd welcomehead " No Radio. Any other ideas ?

How difficult is it to move the guts of one phone to the shell of another ? They are both sprint moguls. The other one has a bad usb. thou it charges.

Help
03-16-2010, 01:41 PM
I've got to run, but will try this later today.
Thanks for the help. All of you are so knoweldgeable.
THANK YOU

obonilla30
08-18-2010, 04:11 PM
do you still need help with your phone problem?

Help
08-19-2010, 10:23 AM
do you still need help with your phone problem?

Yes I still have it in my box of brick what to be's.
I would appreciate any and all help.