PDA

View Full Version : Palm Pre MMS

theclerk74
03-12-2010, 04:45 PM
OK, so I bought a Pre that was flashed, and kind of accidentally updated to 1.4, which messed everything up. I figured out how to load the PRL, got WAP going and the proxy. I just can't figure out MMS. I just used a Meta-Doctored 1.4 ROM I made to bypass the activation, and took it from there.

I am hoping someone can give me a hint as to where I need to look, or what to do. I would love to be able to send videos that I make with my Pre via MMS!

Thanks

thephoneguy913
03-12-2010, 09:06 PM
go to "terminal" application and type "cricket mms" (without double cuotes) then hit the enter arrow....it shopuld work if you have internet connection already...dont forget to soft reset after running the "Terminal".

theclerk74
03-12-2010, 09:38 PM
thanks for replying... In 1.4 terminal doesn't work, so I'm using Terminus. Anyway, typing cricket mms came back with something like Application not found. I did try ##DATA# and changed the MMS to mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms, and get Invalid Destination Address. I need to figure out where the settings are, and change them in Linux. I guessI need to work out how to keep the WAP connection from timing out.

bawanyh
03-22-2010, 05:39 PM
If you have the rom just reflash the phone and I think everything should start working again

theclerk74
03-27-2010, 01:30 AM
Bought it already flashed... So no ROM for me. Plus $275 for the phone, I don't... CAN'T spend $200 just for the ROM. Just thought I would try to figure it out.

bawanyh
03-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Have someone in your area flash it for you again if they have full flash rom

thephoneguy913
03-27-2010, 05:52 PM
or ask in the forum if somebody wanna flash it for you...

theclerk74
04-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Pretty new 'round these parts (CDMAgurus that is)... LOL Wouldn't know who to ask. Of course, then I would be back to square one, which is cool. If I do that, is it true that if I Over-the-air update, all I have to do is go back and rewrite the PRL? All the data settings stick? When I did the OTA update, I jumped the gun and WebOS-doctored my phone which naturally wiped out all the MMS and proxy stuff... Duh. LOL If you can't tell, I'm pretty new the the Palm scene, but I'm totally not scared to dig in and break stuff to learn.

Dex
04-02-2010, 02:22 AM
u can aske ne one or even post a request i would suggest this thread here and not starting another one

theclerk74
04-02-2010, 02:53 AM
Okee dokee... I am requesting (Even asking nicely) if anyone with the Cricket rom would help a poor soul out getting his phone working again. I could sweeten the pot by offering up IPK's of good games. Might be a good way to sweeten the deal for those of you who sell flashed Pre's. Anyway, PM's are cool, and if I need to edit this post, I will.

theclerk74
04-02-2010, 03:02 AM
Actually, now that I think about it, tomorrow I will zip up what I have and upload it to RS or something. I'll post when it's done so anyone who wants some games can PM me and I'll send the link. Gotta try and make some friends! LOL

bawanyh
04-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, tomorrow I will zip up what I have and upload it to RS or something. I'll post when it's done so anyone who wants some games can PM me and I'll send the link. Gotta try and make some friends! LOL

Did you got that pre flashed yet? or you still waiting?

lankyb
08-02-2010, 11:00 PM
connect the phone with webos sdk installed

run cmd and type:

novacom -t open tty://

press enter

type:

mpt d

press enter and your in diag mode

fabulous801
08-09-2010, 05:57 PM
anybody can direct me on getting MMS setup on this device???

noob
10-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Why would you ask somebody or pay to have it flashed again. This whole community is based on doing it yourself and learning how to do it from others in here. So i would like to know as well. What do you have to edit to get the mms. Thanks to whoever has a solution

eric303
10-03-2010, 07:13 PM
the palm pre is not easy, there is not a solution out there that is free to fix the MMS problem. The only solution out there is Beezlewaxin's and its a for sale only solution.

noob
10-03-2010, 11:42 PM
the palm pre is not easy, there is not a solution out there that is free to fix the MMS problem. The only solution out there is Beezlewaxin's and its a for sale only solution.

Thanks for the insight