PDA

View Full Version : [HOW TO - Tutorial] Samsung I760 Full Flash Guide

bawanyh
03-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Here is the guide how I full flashed a Sam I760. I in no way take credit for this, I just gathered
information from different places and used my brain to put it together. Thanks and credit goes to limegrntaln over at ppcgeeks for his guide on 6800 and Dex for the steps in post #15 on this thread and the others if I have missed.
I used the steps from post #15 from Dex just in detailed and as simple as possible:

1) On your phone go to start menu>setting>system>data connection and turn select modem through USB, that will open up your com ports.
2) Use the CDMA Workshop to put PRL and do the evdo settings.
3) Follow the first step and turn the modem through USB off
4) Connect the device to your computer and Active Sync
5) On your computer go to start>rum and type cmd and hit enter
6) cd it to your Q directory and type "rapiconfig.exe /p delete-n-set.xml" without quotes and hit enter(just like Q). It should give you rapiconfig succeed.
7) Copy from you computer to your device: GC VZW Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24(Thats what I used). You can find it here: If the link does not work then do a google search
[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
8) Install the cab file that you have just copied. It will reboot the device and after reboot it will unlock the MMS so you can create new profile. I would recommend delete that MMS cab after install.
9) Do the MMS settings as follows:
Go to Start\Programs\Messaging Click on "Menu" and select "MMS Options" then select the "Servers ([Only registered and activated users can see links])" tab.
Add a new server ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) with the following settings:

Server Name: Cricket MMS
Gateway: wap.mycricket.com
Port number: 8080
Server address: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Connect ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) via: Cricket Wap
Send limit: 399K
Hit done and then set this new profile as default and delete the others.
10) Open Mobile Registry Editor in your computer and do the following Reg Edits:

bawanyh
03-08-2010, 02:14 PM
HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\MM1 Default Setting Cricket MMS and Change WAP default Port 1&2 to 8080 and WAP Default Time Out to 10000
HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\MM1\MMSCSetting\Cricket MMS Ensure Gateway Port is 8080 ISP is Cricket MMS, MmscURI is set to [Only registered and activated users can see links] , Name is Cricket MMS, Ensure the next 4 settings WAP1RecvDefault Size, WAP1Send WAP2 Recv and WAP2 Send are set to 1024000 WAPType to 1
WspHeader Accept: application/vnd.wap.multipart.related
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Under UI\Domain [Only registered and activated users can see links]

NOTE: You can also do these Registry Edits from within the phone using either Resco(which I personally like to use) or PHM Reg Editor. Just install the Registry Editor you like on the phone and follow the above steps.

Thats it now you have a full flashed Samsung I760

I have tried to include all the steps and in as detailed as possible but if I have missed anything please feel free to add it to it.

Thanks and hope that helps

Dex
03-08-2010, 04:30 PM
btw if u get an error when u install arcsoft its becuase the fone is not application unlocked and u dont have access to install that program us SP Cert install cab to unlock application installs thank u baw for the nice write up a lil more detailed then mine but basically the same

bawanyh
03-08-2010, 05:07 PM
btw if u get an error when u install arcsoft its becuase the fone is not application unlocked and u dont have access to install that program us SP Cert install cab to unlock application installs thank u baw for the nice write up a lil more detailed then mine but basically the same

I know there is a cab file to do that unlock SP cert also. Right?

bigglou23
03-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Here we go: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Enjoy

RIP MOBILE-FILES
03-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Nice write up bawanyh great problem fixer dex and way to come through bigglou23 i just got one in my hands now lol oh yeah only paid $25 bucks

megabyte
05-17-2010, 04:15 PM
I was wondering, can this process work if I decided to full flash to metro pcs?

bigglou23
05-20-2010, 01:45 AM
I was wondering, can this process work if I decided to full flash to metro pcs?

Im sure it will if you just add the metro settings.

megabyte
06-07-2010, 07:25 PM
as you can tell i'm a noob. i'm trying to understand the steps. i downloaded cdma workshop but it was a trial version. and i looked all over the internet for a free version of cdma workshop. i almost caught a virus wile doing it. my question is....is there a "FREE" version to cdma workshop or is it just smoke and mirror trick.

whitey10tc
06-07-2010, 08:40 PM
as you can tell i'm a noob. i'm trying to understand the steps. i downloaded cdma workshop but it was a trial version. and i looked all over the internet for a free version of cdma workshop. i almost caught a virus wile doing it. my question is....is there a "FREE" version to cdma workshop or is it just smoke and mirror trick.The free version is 2.7 it is posted right here on gurus in the cdma tools section although it will trigger most AV's as having a Trojan it is harmless as I use the posted version daily with no problems.

darkshot7
06-23-2010, 09:26 PM
iv been hunting all over for this site! lots of thanks! best bookmarkd page!! peace!

sarma_ch
07-13-2010, 10:46 AM
I am from india. I bought a samsung i-760 from us on ebay. it is a cdma. i want to use it with reliance in india. i have changed the nam settings (MIN, country code, etc.,). But i halted at changing the esn. unless i change the esn, it will not work for the network. i tried unicdma. it is showing that ESN changed successfully. but when i reconnect, it is showing the old esn only. can anybody help me? thanks in advance

Sarma

whitey10tc
07-13-2010, 12:32 PM
I am from india. I bought a samsung i-760 from us on ebay. it is a cdma. i want to use it with reliance in india. i have changed the nam settings (MIN, country code, etc.,). But i halted at changing the esn. unless i change the esn, it will not work for the network. i tried unicdma. it is showing that ESN changed successfully. but when i reconnect, it is showing the old esn only. can anybody help me? thanks in advance

Sarma
Discussions of this nature are against forum rules, and illegal in the US. Being that this is a USA based forum we must abide by US laws and not allow illegal discussions that may jeopardize the forum or it's members.
I do know that you should not need to change the ESN if your carrier allows outside ESN's on their network. But there may be certain R-UIM setting that may need to be set.

sarma_ch
07-14-2010, 03:11 AM
I am sorry. I dont know the rules. hence i have posted the same here. anyhow thanks for the information. In futurue, i will not post anything of this nature.

regds

sarma

whitey10tc
07-14-2010, 10:02 PM
I am sorry. I dont know the rules. hence i have posted the same here. anyhow thanks for the information. In futurue, i will not post anything of this nature.

regds

sarma
I would suggest that you review the rules on most forums. Because most frown on discussions of this type.

israel
07-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Nice write up thank you very much.............

HL45
07-24-2010, 12:18 PM
I've been working on the full flash for this phone for a few days. Thanks for all the helpful posts here! I'm having a problem with installing the cab file. It seems to stop but gives no error. I tried the unlock SP cert cab also.
I unzip the cab on the desktop and copy it to the device, in the device i open the setup file and IE pops up showing the code but the phone does not reset or give an error. Did I miss a step? This is my first crack at a windows mobile device.
Thanks for any reply's! :)

YUDI
08-23-2010, 08:51 AM
HI BAWANYH this information is very importan for me... but i have a problem i dotn which programs i have to use.... can u help me please.

YUDI
08-23-2010, 09:13 AM
hi please help me i want to flas my samsung i760 to cricket i love my cell .....

whitey10tc
08-23-2010, 10:49 AM
hi please help me i want to flas my samsung i760 to cricket i love my cell .....This tutorial is exactly that a tutorial to help you flash your I760 to cricket. Just follow it and you'll do fine.