PDA

View Full Version : ;^) New Sprint goodie.

Mr._Pseudonym
03-05-2010, 03:02 AM
;^) Sprint has a new goodie on offer; their "mobile hot-spot ([Only registered and activated users can see links]/product_overdrive?ECID=MA:AB:20100301:MBB:GAM:300x 250)." Basically, it's a Wi-Fi router that connects to Sprint via Mobile Broadband, on 4G.

It sure would be fun to hack that to Cricket! Who wants to do it first?

VicFreeze
03-05-2010, 03:18 AM
I have an Overdrive... No reason to flash one of these when MiFis are out there. Just flash one of those, or, better yet, get one of these: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Plug in your Cricket USB modem and BOOM --> Mobile Hotspot

Tannus
03-05-2010, 03:53 AM
Sprint finally decided 2 come out with 4G huh. They've only been talking about it 4ever

Mr._Pseudonym
03-05-2010, 04:18 AM
I have an Overdrive... No reason to flash one of these when MiFis are out there. Just flash one of those, or, better yet, get one of these: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Plug in your Cricket USB modem and BOOM --> Mobile Hotspot

;^) Vic, You da man! That's a pretty sweet setup, all right.

:^/ However, my only USB Mobile Broadband card has been disassembled to move its embedded PCI-mini card to my Dell XPS M1210 laptop, where it enables me to surf wherever I wander. The Sprint hardware listed above would enable me to share a connection with others without requiring additional hardware to plug into it.

VicFreeze
03-05-2010, 12:46 PM
:^/ However, my only USB Mobile Broadband card has been disassembled to move its embedded PCI-mini card to my Dell XPS M1210 laptop, where it enables me to surf wherever I wander. The Sprint hardware listed above would enable me to share a connection with others without requiring additional hardware to plug into it.

You should look into finding a used MiFi 2200 (Sprint or Verizon), as they are the same thing as the Overdrive..minus the 4G capability (which you don't need unless you are paying for a subscription from Sprint). They are also being sold cheap by people on CL that are upgrading on Sprint. You can ask them to reactivate theirs online to their Sprint account and ask them to save the confirmation screen with the SPC too to save the headache of trying to get it yourself.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

cricketmodder
03-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Or you can just hack a verizon netbook to cricket broadband :D thats my next market

Dex
03-12-2010, 05:57 PM
HA HA HA i have already hacked a sprint novatel u720 to cricket its a usb card but guess what its a mini pci card for a lappy inside the housing i took it apart cuz the usb got messed up so i took it apart and fouund a mini pci card my dell d620 has a wlan and wwan spot so i have it set up on Cricket BB and it works GREAT lol so yeppers i love hacking hit me up if u want details i will provide them

Mr._Pseudonym
03-13-2010, 01:15 PM
;^) I've already done that, too, Dex. It's how I connect my own laptop when away from our home's router. It's also where ProxyCap comes in handy. My e-mail and so on work away from home, too. I should have written a tutorial for it a year ago, but never got around to it....

The disassembled Sprint u720, with embedded PCI-mini card:

The card's new home in my Dell XPS M1210 laptop:

;^) Now I can surf wherever I wander, Wi-Fi hotspots be condemned....