PDA

View Full Version : Need To Install Special PRL On Sprint iPhone 5c

TechGuru
02-20-2014, 10:44 AM
The instructions for the iPhone 5 OS7 that are floating around the net do not work on the 5c and 5s.

rich hathaway
02-20-2014, 11:58 AM
below is a guide to load your custom prl on your iphone.

[hide-thanks]
once your phone activates a folder called Operatorbundle.bundle will appear in the library folder on the var side of the phone,replace the carrier.prl file in that folder with yours then make a .deb file for you prl and load it,upon reboot you will have your prl on your phone. you will need to have commcenter patched/fixed for this to work or you will not get any services.[/hide-thanks]

TechGuru
02-20-2014, 01:37 PM
below is a guide to load your custom prl on your iphone.

***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***

That's a alias of the same folder I've been working in, there is no .PRL file in that folder on a 5C.

I don't know what you mean by make a DEB file.

I did get the phone doing something with it at one point, it kept just searching for service and restarting the radio cuz no sim kept flashing up every min.

It has been well established on other sites that previous methods do not work on the 5c and 5s.

TechGuru
02-24-2014, 05:54 AM
Anyone have a solution? 5c's and 5s's do not have a PRL file in the Sprint folder to replace and adding one and setting the push flag does nothing!

rich hathaway
02-24-2014, 11:29 AM
i already told you you can inject your prl and set it via deb file or just inject your entire carrier bundle with a properly made .deb file this is already being done by most of the sim imposer companies i.e.gpp & gevey only they have a small utility that injects there carrier .deb on your phone for you.right now the phone uses the sprint sim in the phone to pull prl and carrier info from thats why with no sim its misbehaves.if you are going to go the route of only injecting the prl you will need to put a carrier.prl folder into that operator folder and then you will still need to change the sid wich means you will need to bypass sig cks at the commcenter,bb and bundle level,also there is a entitlement check in that sprint bundle you will need to remove that portion of the plist after you patch/fix commcenter.

TechGuru
02-26-2014, 07:59 PM
Ok, but how exactly do I do that?

My phone is JB'd of course. I have installed the commcenter patch (TetherMe is installed too BTW) and I use iTools 2013 on my PC to access the filesystem.

I have no idea how to make a DEB, just know where to put ones already made to be auto installed upon boot.

You mention the SID, I have no idea why the system ID would need to be changed, I'm simplly needing to replace the consumer sprint PRL with the enterprise sprint PRL.

This is the PRL I need installed: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
([Only registered and activated users can see links])

rich hathaway
02-26-2014, 09:51 PM
oh well my bad most people that are trying to change prl's are trying to change carriers,so your already on the carrier, so you wont need to change the sid.there are a few tools out there to auto compile deb files,you can build a deb on your mac,pc or right on your phone.i would suggest to use one of the auto compile tools or have you tried to google for a .deb with your prl already in it? never know someone might have saved you the trouble already.a deb is basically a series of folders with a control file,there is alot out there on building deb files.you could probly replace your prl with one from an existing deb without doing to much work.

TechGuru
02-26-2014, 11:12 PM
oh well my bad most people that are trying to change prl's are trying to change carriers,so your already on the carrier, so you wont need to change the sid.there are a few tools out there to auto compile deb files,you can build a deb on your mac,pc or right on your phone.i would suggest to use one of the auto compile tools or have you tried to google for a .deb with your prl already in it? never know someone might have saved you the trouble already.a deb is basically a series of folders with a control file,there is alot out there on building deb files.you could probly replace your prl with one from an existing deb without doing to much work.

What I don't understand is what is the difference between a .deb file loading the PRL file and me putting the PRL file in the same folder the .deb would be doing by using iTools.

I wish I could find a way to connect to the phone with CDMAWorkShop or QPST and load it that way.

TechGuru
03-10-2014, 10:43 PM
I have tried and tried and nothing seems to get that PRL loaded.

Have you actually done this on a 5c/5s or is this a theory that what works on previous models will work on the 5c/5s ?

kamakuza
07-17-2014, 04:31 PM
This thread has been dead for a few months, I wonder if anyone has new insights/ tips/ success stories to share?

I have tried and tried and nothing seems to get that PRL loaded.

Have you actually done this on a 5c/5s or is this a theory that what works on previous models will work on the 5c/5s ?

Softgrip
08-10-2017, 02:13 AM
5c's and 5s's do not have a PRL file in the Sprint folder to replace and adding one and setting the push flag does nothing!

Anyone have a solution..........................
board result 2018 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])