PDA

View Full Version : Intresting question... Verizon to Sprint?... lol

Tannus
03-02-2010, 09:38 PM
O.K. so this is a new 1 4 me. I have a couple of close friends who cant afford their data plan on sprint. They purchased a VX9700 & a hot VX11000 off Creigs list in the hopes I could make them in2 working Sprint phones.

1st off I know getting the ESN's of these phones on Sprint's data base is going 2 B an endeavor. Does NE1 have NE1 have NE ideas or pointers on how I can go about doing this, besides crossing my fingers, hopeing 4 the best, & pleading with advanced tech support?

2nd & probably even more tricky then my 1st question. Is there NE way I can get MMS or WAP 2 work.

I've never tried 2 get Verizon on Sprint B4 so I don't know how this is gonna work out. NE help would B greatly appreciated.

ownmart
03-02-2010, 11:10 PM
well...what I would suggest, is get a similar sprint lg phone, and check those settings. copy them down and replace (use lgnpst or lgpst)
then for the env touch youll have to edit the file DB and change it to sprints web settings. all in all its going to be a pain, but I'm pretty sure it can be done
I

whitey10tc
03-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Flashing them to Sprint shouldn't be very difficult. Getting Sprint to accept the foreign ESN will be your biggest issue. I personally know many who have tried but none that have succeeded. Now if it was reverse Sprint to Verizon I'd say you would have a 99% chance.
But good luck with Sprint.
and if you get them to accept the ESN's let us all know how you did it.

Tannus
03-02-2010, 11:49 PM
I knew that would B a serious problem. I'm gonna try though. I'll post my results. Worst case senerio I have a couple of old dead Sprint phones I could get the #'s off of but I would prefer not 2 take that route. If NE1 else has NE idea's let me know.