PDA

View Full Version : Lets see if anyone can tackle this stubborn Blackberry Storm

ownmart
02-28-2010, 01:54 AM
507 error saying need to reload software
cricketmodder and I have tried the following:
Used loader and blackberry desktop manager to reload software
did both via command prompt and tried MML

I followed this:
[Only registered and activated users can see links] he_device_is_connected-5178/

Got the Java developers kit

still issue is the phones not being recognized so JL commander nor BBSAK can detect it

The phone loads 3/4 and does the 507 error btw

pluckyducky
02-28-2010, 02:08 AM
i don't know if your having the same connection problem that i was having but i was never able to get the phone to connect with the battery pull out, i just kept the battery in and plug it up and it read for me.

Dex
02-28-2010, 03:39 AM
im having an issue with a BB storm as well it wont work at all i cant get it to load an os or ne thing with battery in or out desktop manager stays stuck on tryin to connect to boot loader not to mention the fone has a red light that keeps flashing

ownmart
02-28-2010, 12:41 PM
i don't know if your having the same connection problem that i was having but i was never able to get the phone to connect with the battery pull out, i just kept the battery in and plug it up and it read for me.

Ive done both with battery in and without, still comes up as cannot recognize.

r0mster
02-28-2010, 05:20 PM
nojvm load always did the trick for me
it stops it from reloading you just need to time it just right

meanngreen04
03-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Ownmart, it's been my experience that your situation involves a hardware issue and therefor maynot stem to the os but maybe a hardware failure.

Tannus
03-01-2010, 03:35 AM
Thats what it sounds like 2 me 2. Actually I'd try a simple swab & alcohol next

ownmart
03-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Ownmart, it's been my experience that your situation involves a hardware issue and therefor maynot stem to the os but maybe a hardware failure.

****, I hope not lol

Thats what it sounds like 2 me 2. Actually I'd try a simple swab & alcohol next

Where would you suggest to swab/alc

Tannus
03-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Take it apart & clean the board. I've fixed some pretty strange working phones just by doing that. It doesn't always work but it doesn't hurt 2 try

ownmart
03-02-2010, 01:19 AM
will do, I'll keep ppl posted.hope I still have those tools somewhere...or ebay it is

RIP MOBILE-FILES
03-02-2010, 02:25 AM
the solution for ownmart and others simple will install software on any bb almost i use it on all my wtf scratch my head bb's and wham done oh yeah even the ones that dont connect for some reason. now if this dont work for you throw the bb away. [Only registered and activated users can see links] its called hari unlocker its a big file almost .67gb but it will bring back to life any bb worth bringing back i promise it saved me 37times and counting.by the way just clicc the unlock button

by the way amomare had posted the link to it a long way back but all the links never worked. so i couldn't get it until a couple months ago. But give him credit for htis if he is selling it and tells me that he is i will take it off asap.

VicFreeze
03-05-2010, 03:06 AM
the solution for ownmart and others simple will install software on any bb almost i use it on all my wtf scratch my head bb's and wham done oh yeah even the ones that dont connect for some reason. now if this dont work for you throw the bb away. [Only registered and activated users can see links] its called hari unlocker its a big file almost .67gb but it will bring back to life any bb worth bringing back i promise it saved me 37times and counting.by the way just clicc the unlock button

by the way amomare had posted the link to it a long way back but all the links never worked. so i couldn't get it until a couple months ago. But give him credit for htis if he is selling it and tells me that he is i will take it off asap.

what exactly is this software supposed to do? anytime i have an error with a BB that doesn't boot, i use JL_Cmder to wipe the device and i use version 5 or higher of Desktop Manager and/or the Apploader.exe inside the Common Files directory and make sure to get rid of the Vendor.xml file. if this is a method people think will help, post a reply.

Tannus
03-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Try out this BB software. has everything included

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

kc720
03-08-2010, 02:51 PM
lately i been getting "floating point" error when loading bb software. what i have to do is uninstall bb desktop software and reinstall. then the os will load for me.

drummerboy42
03-14-2010, 12:52 PM
I had this issue before. Tried all the above. Nothing seemed to work to connect. Out of ideas, eyes burning from staring at the forums for hours, I decided to get away from my machine for a few. Shut it down and returned a while later. Opened DM and there was the PIN. Connected and installed like it was supposed to. I don't know if it was because I didn't restart after installing the OS, or if it cleared out the Virtual ports and allowed access to them again, or what it was. All I know is that restarting is now the first thing I do when I can't connect to a wiped BB. Probably won't help you now, but it might help someone searching with this same problem. Just a noobs two cents.

ownmart
04-17-2010, 03:39 AM
I have the BB MCP, are there any tut's for doing a Verizon==>cricKet swap on the storm???

please make your own thread, I believe that would be hijacking

Flawed
04-20-2010, 08:37 AM
oops - was trying to avoid the "create a thread for every friggin thing" monster, and found the "hijack a thread" monster instead. sorry. I got the BB MCP from this thread, so thought it was appropriate here. "general discussion" fooled me.... my bad....

ownmart
04-25-2010, 10:40 PM
welp, opened it up and its clean as if it was brand new just like the outside=/ must be something wrong with the board =/ and I don't solder or any of that so replacing the charger ports out of the question.
anyone know a decent price/place to get a replacement

RIP MOBILE-FILES
04-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Do u want to sell it

Tannus
04-27-2010, 02:34 PM
I just acquired a Storm

THX1138
05-03-2010, 06:37 PM
did you try this solution?= paste this into a command prompt:
CD \
CD PROGRA~1
CD COMMON~1
CD RESEAR~1
CD APPLOA~1
LOADER /NOJVM
make sure vendor file is deleted from program files/common files/research in motion/loader
nojvm load always did the trick for me
it stops it from reloading you just need to time it just right

ownmart
05-08-2010, 03:28 AM
did you try this solution?= paste this into a command prompt:
CD \
CD PROGRA~1
CD COMMON~1
CD RESEAR~1
CD APPLOA~1
LOADER /NOJVM
make sure vendor file is deleted from program files/common files/research in motion/loader

yeah that didnt work either, nothing pops up in the selection mode nor will it allow autodetect

daxxone
05-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Have you checked the pins in the usb port on the phone or tried a new cable? I had to use a sewing needle to get full contact on all pins on a curve just this week.