PDA

View Full Version : Lg 260 (Rumor) on page plus

bobsj2000
02-27-2010, 11:54 PM
Hi all;

Recently I downloaded a few Rumor's with the page plus firmware load that's floting around. Everything works except for mms and web.

After investigation, I see the problem is the username in the wap access area. It should be set to the min and
something has automatically set it to the MDN. This will not work.

I tried going into menu 0 wap and make the change, but the username is not editable.

I tried putting the settings in the EVDO tab in CDMA workshop, but web still don't work.

Please if someone can assist me here, I would greatly appreciate it.

RJ

cricketmodder
02-28-2010, 12:05 AM
Taken from here
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

I've done the flash with file provided and talk and text is fine, but I had to adjust 1 setting to get the web working...thinking outside the box on this one ;-)

After loading the bin & scr provided, I had to load PRL in CDMA Workshop. *228. Then this next step I went the long ways, if theres a shorter way please inform me. i opened LG Download, used 9100 dll, and only in the wap tab, I changed the all zero's in the homepage cell to the MIN, write & BAM! TALK TXT WEB AND MMS

Ill try and edit the file and see if i can fix it so you wont have to do that next time. drop this scr into the 260 folder where the normal scr is located and load it instead and see if works for you.

bobsj2000
02-28-2010, 01:53 AM
Thank You CM, that did the trick with the min in the wap username field. However; It didn't fix my problem, but I don't think it's
a programming issue now. I will call PagePlus tomorrow and have them verify my data is set properly.. Thank YOu again!!!

cricketmodder
02-28-2010, 01:57 AM
Very welcome, I would review the files alot closer but i dont know all the PP settings so it makes it difficult for me to know what im am supposed to be looking for. But Im glad it worked, if it is still giving you fits post here and ill see if Myself or an experienced PP modder can take a look at it for you.

bobsj2000
03-03-2010, 01:29 AM
Hi CM:

Thank you very much for your assistance. The script works perfectly now. However; I wonder if it would be possible to make a couple of changes.

In the nam area, it would be great if we could default 1088 sid..

Thank you again for your assistance. I would be more than willing to pay you for your time if my request would take a long time.

RJ

cricketmodder
03-03-2010, 01:40 AM
Wouldnt take too long, Will get on it and hopefully have something by end of week.

bobsj2000
03-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Hey guys!

I have a question not related to my post, but since I started the thread - I don't think I am hijacking it.

After "trying" to load the bin on a few phones, I got a comm error and it stopped. Basically "bricked" a few phones. I know on a Linksys router
you can fix it if you've bricked it. My question is... Is there a way to fix a bricked LG 260? If so, please do tell.

Thank You,

RJ

bobsj2000
03-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Just to note, It seems that the bin for the 260 is not compatible with the virgin mobile lg 260's. I've bricked 4 now. Anyone have any idea how to make the virgin phones work with the bin?

cricketmodder
03-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Virgin mobile is alot like sprint phones therefore making them sorta a sticky firmware very hard and tricky to flash over, I don't know the process or even if it is possible but sometimes a simple switch of the bin, like say flash to sprint first then to the pp or ckt bin but try this at your own risk, also on the note of fixing bricked phones the only way to fix a bricked lg is a jtag.

bobsj2000
03-04-2010, 12:28 AM
CM, once again - let me say thank you for your assistance. You're truly an asset to the forum to us new flasher guys. Have not had a problem with flashing Sprint over or Alltel only US cellular and Virgin. Virgin will brick the phone and US cellular will just sit there with CDMA workshop searching for DM mode and will not read anything. I don't know what that's all about. Do you know of a schematic for the LG260 Jtag cable and maybe repairing instructions? Thank You again.

RJ

cricketmodder
03-04-2010, 12:33 AM
I sure dont but it requires external hardware, I myself aint even comfortable doing it yet let alone walking someone through it but I will just suggest a Sager JTAG box

meanngreen04
03-04-2010, 01:18 AM
This is combo of Amomaore's Cricket LG260, mixed with the one on MF2, mixed with ckmod's script, with my personal touch of Custom PP boot logos. This is V05...I had less probelsm with this one than the other.

bobsj2000
03-04-2010, 02:07 AM
MG;

Even with that build, it will brick a virgin mobile. Just did it... Oh well.. I need to find an unbrick service. Can anyone suggest one? Also, I seem to have alot of bad charge ports. Can anyone suggest someone that's honest and can fix those? Please let me know.....

Thank You!!

RJ

bobsj2000
03-10-2010, 03:30 AM
HI CM;

I am just curious if you made any progress with this? Thank YOu for everything!

Wouldnt take too long, Will get on it and hopefully have something by end of week.

cricketmodder
03-10-2010, 11:00 AM
LOL yeah im eating my words right now, I have been extremely busy this last 2 weeks. I know it is on my schedule to review the files ASAP I just really havnt had much time as of yet but will post as soon as I have a chance to work on it.

ownmart
03-10-2010, 01:25 PM
just making sure before messing with a lg rumor. the sprint one works

bobsj2000
03-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Thank You very much CM. Yes the lg load works great for Sprint, don't try it on a virgin mobile phone though. You will be sorry.

BlackHat01X
04-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Hi,

Can someone help me please I been googleing all day but I can't seem to find any help. I want to flash a LG Rumor from Sprint to Page Plus I only need text and voice don't need internet or anything so can someone help please on how to do this? I been trying all day and I can't get it done. Please can someone help me out please

Dex
04-02-2010, 10:13 PM
well i dunno bout web and mms the way to flash the fone is via CDMA WS 2.7 or higher using the LG method connect to fone and read SPC write all zeros then put a VZW prl on it and enjoy bam p+

meanngreen04
04-04-2010, 12:49 AM

phantom
06-13-2010, 07:00 AM
does this solution remove the games contacts apps and ringtones if so how do i back those up first

markymark805
06-28-2010, 01:43 AM
does this solution remove the games contacts apps and ringtones if so how do i back those up first

If you use the flash it completely erases and replaces whats on their with a new operating system basically. look into like bitpm or something along those lines to pull the info from the phone prior to flashing... just my thoughts, but im tired, could be wrong.

colker
07-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum (and to flashing a phone). Thank you for this thread. It gives me hope that I can successfully flash my Sprint LG Rumor to use on Page Plus. I ordered the data cable and it should be coming this week (or next). I have been trying to gain as much knowledge before attempting the flash. I have to admit that I am confused. Is it really as "simple" as post #19? If so, what is the point of doing anything with an SCR file or a DLL file? (Forgive me, but I'm a newbie. I have searched google and other threads but can't find what I need.) What is the LG Downloader program (and do I need it)? What is the DLL file used for? What is the SCR file used for?

According to what I've found on the web, this is what I plan to do:

-change the SPC to all zeros
-install the Page Plus PRL (Preferred Roaming List) file. (I have one I found, but does anyone have one they know to work well?)
-modify the MDN, MIN, and SID

Do I have to use CDMA WS to do this? Can I use BitPim or LG Downloader instead?

I'd be very grateful for any help I can get. Thank you.

bobsj2000
07-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Hi all;

I had a computer crash and need to download the page plus load for the lg260 again. Does anyone have it? Thank You.

markymark805
07-07-2010, 04:53 AM
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum (and to flashing a phone). Thank you for this thread. It gives me hope that I can successfully flash my Sprint LG Rumor to use on Page Plus. I ordered the data cable and it should be coming this week (or next). I have been trying to gain as much knowledge before attempting the flash. I have to admit that I am confused. Is it really as "simple" as post #19? If so, what is the point of doing anything with an SCR file or a DLL file? (Forgive me, but I'm a newbie. I have searched google and other threads but can't find what I need.) What is the LG Downloader program (and do I need it)? What is the DLL file used for? What is the SCR file used for?

According to what I've found on the web, this is what I plan to do:

-change the SPC to all zeros
-install the Page Plus PRL (Preferred Roaming List) file. (I have one I found, but does anyone have one they know to work well?)
-modify the MDN, MIN, and SID

Do I have to use CDMA WS to do this? Can I use BitPim or LG Downloader instead?

I'd be very grateful for any help I can get. Thank you.

You can use CDMA WS to do that in a couple minutes and you will only have talk and text working no internet or mms....

one step though, you will need to install the lg drivers or else CDMA WS wont recognize the phone as being connected.

Now if you want to track down some of the big dawgs around here, they might have the PPC Flash for the Rumor to give/sell to you and then you will need CDMA WS and LG Downloader, to first unlock, then then install all the new files, like the .dll .bin. scr. and eri files to get the internet to work on the phone as well and give you a custom PPC flash for the Rumor. Check out the cricket forum here or over at howard forums and read thru Amoamare's (its late i know i probably spelled that wrong) cricket lg 260 tutorial, will give you the idea on what all is needed to do, when you get the PPC files if you want the full flash.

colker
07-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Thank you for your reply, markymark. Apparently the demo version of CDMA WS doesn't allow uploading of PRL files. Googling gives me "full versions" that are just trojans. Does anyone know how I can put the PRL file on the phone without having to flash the phone? I changed the settings MIN, MDN, and SID, so the PRL file is the only thing left. I tried LGNPST and installed the generic DLLs but could not get any DLL files to show up in the list. I don't know if it's because I'm on Vista. I tried BitPim, but it said the filesystem is locked.

whitey10tc
07-14-2010, 12:31 AM
Thank you for your reply, markymark. Apparently the demo version of CDMA WS doesn't allow uploading of PRL files. Googling gives me "full versions" that are just trojans. Does anyone know how I can put the PRL file on the phone without having to flash the phone? I changed the settings MIN, MDN, and SID, so the PRL file is the only thing left. I tried LGNPST and installed the generic DLLs but could not get any DLL files to show up in the list. I don't know if it's because I'm on Vista. I tried BitPim, but it said the filesystem is locked.There is a 2.7 cracked version of CDMA WS here in the forums, although it will throw up a trojan with most AV's it is harmless I used it since it was cracked.
Also have you tried QPST to load the PRL.

colker
07-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Whitey, thanks for the info about CDMA WS. I am still hesitant about using software that's reported as a trojan. I have not tried QPST. Do I need a special DLL for that? Does anyone know if the LG260 can be recognized by LGNPST? If so, how?

Pac3comm1
07-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Does anyone know where to find said firmware for the 260 besides MOFI? Its not letting anyone download it without special permissions. Ive searched all over for it and cant seem to locate it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

colker
07-15-2010, 10:02 AM
I uploaded the PRL file using QPST with no problems. I'm now using my Sprint LG Rumor on PagePlus! Thanks again markymark and whitey.

captainkirks
07-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Does anyone know where to find said firmware for the 260 besides MOFI? Its not letting anyone download it without special permissions. Ive searched all over for it and cant seem to locate it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Not sure what firmware you mean. PM me if you want to keep it private. I see what I have.

majd
08-22-2010, 12:47 PM
I have a quick question,

I got my Rumor 2 to work under Pageplus for Talk n Text, but the MMS is still not working,

but I keep getting an error message on my phone that "Registration failure, Your password and/or username may be incorrect"

any ideas?

TacoHatesYou
11-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Hey Colker, I'm a newb also. I havea rumor 2 that I want to flash to PP. I have CDMA Workshop. I worte the SPC to al 0's. I have no idea where to getthe PagePlusfirmware or write the BIN. PLEASE HELP!!!

captbob544
01-30-2012, 12:58 AM
Did you have any luck . I have not got any Alltel to work on Page Plus for MMS and web