PDA

View Full Version : Palringo .cab

whitey10tc
02-26-2010, 03:27 PM
[hide-thanks]
[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Install then gotoMenu/setting/proxy and enter wap.mycricket.com, port 8080
[/hide-thanks]

Genuwine1976
03-11-2010, 05:03 AM
I would like to let you know that the setup process for this app has a little bit more to it, for it to work on a Cricket phone.. So I will post the website where you can get the latest version, and a CAB and the instructions on how to set it up the right way.... Sorry no disrespect to your post, just helping out..

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Cab & instructions= [Only registered and activated users can see links]

EDIT: After the install, run palringo and go to menu/settings/Connections.. Check the Connect via [Only registered and activated users can see links] Proxy
Then enter Host: wap.mycricket.com Port: 8080... Now EXIT Palringo..
Now follow the instructions that came with the rar file..... Enjoy

And alway give thanx if you find this helpful.............

ironman
04-06-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm about to do a similar install for metro any specific changes i need to make or just add the metro proxy?

Dex
04-06-2010, 07:55 PM
u can just add the metro proxy

ironman
04-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Can not get this or any other instant mnesseging system workign on wifi or data with my metro touch pro.

whitey10tc
04-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Can not get this or any other instant mnesseging system workign on wifi or data with my metro touch pro.For Palringo it should be as simple as to open Palringo then goto Menu/setting/proxy and enter the correct info.

Keep in mind that that will direct the program to use that proxy to connect, so you might need to disable the proxy for Wifi.
It works flawlessly on my Touch and my wifes TP on cricket. So I would suggest to double check your setting.

ironman
04-12-2010, 11:41 PM
For Palringo it should be as simple as to open Palringo then goto Menu/setting/proxy and enter the correct info.

Keep in mind that that will direct the program to use that proxy to connect, so you might need to disable the proxy for Wifi.
It works flawlessly on my Touch and my wifes TP on cricket. So I would suggest to double check your setting.

Just double checked proxy settings in regedit and in menu > settings > proxy are both correct for metropcs proxy server.

When connecting to data:
Reconnect pending is the only thing that happens. Sometimes it says dialing... for half a sec then just reconnect pending.

When connecting to wifi:
Stays at connecting
Then Reconnect pending
occasionally gets to logging in if i turn the proxy off in the menu settings.

If somebody wants to do me a favor and check their palringo reg keys mine are as follows:
Connection/proxy/type = 0
Connection/servers/list = foxtrot.palringo.com:443,foxtrot.palringo.com:443
^^ was something else but then homeboy two posts above posted instructions that said to change it to that I knew i should have saved what it was originally but eh hindsight you know.

Help
04-13-2010, 10:52 PM
This worked for me on cricket
After the install, run Palringo and go to menu/settings/Connections..

Check the Connect via HTTP Proxy

Then enter Host: wap.mycricket.com Port: 8080... (If you are not on Cricket use your proxy/port info)

Now EXIT Palringo..

You will need Reg editor (do not have one there are plenty freeware's out their)

Step 1- after install, shut down Palringo n' open your Reg editor

step 2- go to hkey_current_user/software/parlingo/settings

step 3- add these in registry(string type)
valuename: connection/proxy/host
value data: wap.mycricket.com (If you are not on Cricket use your proxy/port info)

valuename: connection/proxy/port
value data: 8080 (If you are not on Cricket use your proxy/port info)

step 4- Change the value
valuename: connection/proxy/type
value data: 1

valuename: connection/servers/list
value data: foxtrot.palringo.com:443,foxtrot.palringo.com:443

step 5- Shutdown program and restart n' Viola

Original post found Palringo, proxy settings and user agent... - xda-developers

I dont know about metro-
Metro Proxy Settings:
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (http)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:443 (secure wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (socks)

ironman
04-14-2010, 02:56 AM
This worked for me on cricket
After the install, run Palringo and go to menu/settings/Connections..

Check the Connect via HTTP Proxy

Then enter Host: wap.mycricket.com Port: 8080... (If you are not on Cricket use your proxy/port info)

Now EXIT Palringo..

You will need Reg editor (do not have one there are plenty freeware's out their)

Step 1- after install, shut down Palringo n' open your Reg editor

step 2- go to hkey_current_user/software/parlingo/settings

step 3- add these in registry(string type)
valuename: connection/proxy/host
value data: wap.mycricket.com (If you are not on Cricket use your proxy/port info)

valuename: connection/proxy/port
value data: 8080 (If you are not on Cricket use your proxy/port info)

step 4- Change the value
valuename: connection/proxy/type
value data: 1

valuename: connection/servers/list
value data: foxtrot.palringo.com:443,foxtrot.palringo.com:443

step 5- Shutdown program and restart n' Viola

Original post found Palringo, proxy settings and user agent... - xda-developers

I dont know about metro-
Metro Proxy Settings:
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (http)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:443 (secure wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (socks)

Have had my settings like that since i found this thread. I am assuming i should use wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (http) but i can try the secure wap i suppose will get back to you.

Help
04-19-2010, 12:10 PM
MSR4 has contributed the following info for Metro:
(hellomotoQ)

wap.metropcs.net Port: 3128 on palringo.

On settings its Wap.metropcs.net:3128
password: metropcs

ironman
04-20-2010, 01:30 AM
MSR4 has contributed the following info for Metro:
(hellomotoQ)

wap.metropcs.net Port: 3128 on palringo.

On settings its Wap.metropcs.net:3128
password: metropcs

I have had those settings since the beginning now.

ironman
04-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Anybody know any other solutions?

Dex
04-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Anybody know any other solutions?

What are u meaning

Help
04-22-2010, 01:57 AM
What are u meaning

I thank he means, it's not working for him.

Those settings worked on a MOTO Q9.
What kind of phone are you trying to set this up?

ironman
05-08-2010, 09:58 PM
I thank he means, it's not working for him.

Those settings worked on a MOTO Q9.
What kind of phone are you trying to set this up?

A touch pro 1

whitey10tc
05-09-2010, 12:18 AM
A touch pro 1On a TP a should be as simple as install it goto the Palringo Menu proxy tab and imput the correct info.
I've been using Palringo for going on 2 yrs now and never had to do any registry edits or modify connection settings.
If you've done any modification I might recommend a hard reset and start from scratch.
On a side note, make sure that you have a data connection before hand also.

ironman
05-09-2010, 12:21 PM
On a TP a should be as simple as install it goto the Palringo Menu proxy tab and imput the correct info.
I've been using Palringo for going on 2 yrs now and never had to do any registry edits or modify connection settings.
If you've done any modification I might recommend a hard reset and start from scratch.
On a side note, make sure that you have a data connection before hand also.

Then it must just be a metropcs thing i havee done that exact thing so many times that it's not worth trying it again lol.

whitey10tc
05-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Then it must just be a metropcs thing i havee done that exact thing so many times that it's not worth trying it again lol.I agree it must be a Metro thing.

Help
05-10-2010, 01:52 AM
We got it working on a Q9 hooked up to Metro. The way I said In post 8 worked for us (Dallas area).

ironman
06-06-2010, 02:14 PM
We got it working on a Q9 hooked up to Metro. The way I said In post 8 worked for us (Dallas area).

Was this a while ago when skyfire also worked? Ever since the samsung code was put on metro certain things like skyfire refuse to work

Help
06-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Was this a while ago when skyfire also worked? Ever since the samsung code was put on metro certain things like skyfire refuse to work

It was in Jan I think. I use cricKet so I dont know. But did help a friend on another forum get it to work on metro. They stopped using it and went to the Broadband hack in april. It still worked then I'm told.