PDA

View Full Version : Kricket is banned for posting work as his own

thesmitty68521
02-25-2010, 05:20 PM
Our first inductee: KRICKET

There was a member who came onto our forum and posted stuff that belonged to another member as his own. In fact, this work was still being sold by another member.

Bottom line is this folks:

We will provide you with all the information you need to flash a phone. Some of it may not be free. If you are found to be selling other people's work or posting work that is not yours and is still on the market, you will be banned permanently without warning.

WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS CRAP, PERIOD.

If you are banned for this, you will be inducted into our Hall Of Shame. Your posts will be deleted. Your IP address will be recorded. You will be finished in the flashing community.

bigglou23
02-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Just so you know i pm'ed Dex as soon as i saw his post :)

Dex
02-25-2010, 05:52 PM
This member also tried to edit the files to make it seem as it was his own we will not tolerate that either

eric303
02-25-2010, 06:12 PM
thats great, but didn't he come from MF? I have a feeling he will just spoof his IP and come back on the forums like Azintegra. But good ban :D

Mr._Pseudonym
02-25-2010, 09:36 PM
:^/ This is disappointing. On the old Mobile-Files, Kricket had done that with my Treo 755p Cricket Internet tutorial from Howard Forums, though he's not the only one to pinch it from me. I had hoped that he had learned from that and would use our forum as a chance to start over.

thesmitty68521
02-25-2010, 09:54 PM
:^/ This is disappointing. On the old Mobile-Files, Kricket had done that with my Treo 755p Cricket Internet tutorial from Howard Forums, though he's not the only one to pinch it from me. I had hoped that he had learned from that and would use our forum as a chance to start over.

To me, it is a classic example of someone wanting to be a big shot. The only thing I can say is at least he didn't try to sell those solutions as far as we know. But posting them for free is wrong still.

We are making every effort to make sure this doesn't happen. As for new members wanting to come aboard, they are approved by the admins before they are members. No exceptions.

We are also laying down the ban hammer on those who think they can get away with it because we aren't paying attention. There were all kinds of people on it when that was posted. So, yes, we all watch the threads.

meanngreen04
02-27-2010, 01:03 AM
Good riddance. Trash like that should be thrown out.

r0mster
02-28-2010, 02:43 AM
Nice smitty first ban!

I might start a wall myself.

I haven't this problem yet.

Users going postal is another thing lol

thesmitty68521
02-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Nice smitty first ban!

I might start a wall myself.

I haven't this problem yet.

Users going postal is another thing lol

Yeah, I saw that. But hey, everyone needs to go postal once in awhile. I am sure he/she feels a lot better now. It is all because of your forum.

That was my biggest beef with the old M-F. They had a lot of members on there that would try to sell stuff that was offered for free or they themself got for free.

I totally understand that some solutions cost money. I am all for that in helping people get some money for their hard work and time, as long as it is their solution.

Tannus
02-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Well lets hope this hall stays pretty empty

r0mster
03-02-2010, 05:55 PM
the reason he went postal because of my link view restriction

he is gone so we are all calm now

bawanyh
03-06-2010, 01:50 PM
but cant he just change his ip address or login from somewhere else and post stuff again?

Dex
03-06-2010, 02:09 PM
he can but for the most part we have made an effort to prevent that from happening

bawanyh
03-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Yes thats right I agree with that. Very good ban. No one should sell other people hard work thats just shame.

DankOfOwnage
03-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Well lets hope this hall stays pretty empty

I second that motion.
The less people do stupid, unethical things, the more problems get worked out for all of us.
The more people we have working on these issues, the more solutions we will get.
I can definitely understand people being jaded by the community when they come up with
something and someone bites off of or totally robs their idea.

thesmitty68521
03-14-2010, 06:09 PM
I am going to close this thread. It has ran its course. Thanks everyone for your input.