PDA

View Full Version : Whats another good site to post flashing services other than craigslist?

ownmart
02-22-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm sure alot of people could use this information for both those who have businesses and those who roam

craigslist by far has been best for me in both selling used phones as well as flashing

cricketmodder
02-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Open a retail Store :) thats what we did

ownmart
02-22-2010, 01:42 PM
I would, but don't know startup costs and such. I'm also going to college at the same time, so couldn't be there all the time.

Factors for store:
Lease
Electric
Gas (for heater right?)

business license (not sure where to apply for these)
Tax ID and such

am I missing anything?

Theres always the franchising of cricket, so that can get bills paid there and such to get a percentage as well as ability to esn change and charge $15 and I believe they keep 10. but...alas don't know how much that costs as well

thesmitty68521
02-22-2010, 01:45 PM
A lot of forums, including this one, has sales sections for phones and such. It is somewhat effective.

When I started out I used Craigslist as well. But after awhile, word of mouth takes over. That is your best advertising really.

ownmart
02-22-2010, 01:54 PM
A lot of forums, including this one, has sales sections for phones and such. It is somewhat effective.

When I started out I used Craigslist as well. But after awhile, word of mouth takes over. That is your best advertising really.

yes by far referrals have gotten most sales/flashes. I've sold a phone to one person in a family and then the about 4 other siblings ended up purchasing one each and then eventually flashes as well.

the sales sections of forums you'd have to incorporate shipping as well as most people in forums can get phones for about the same price as what I can get so markup values much lower, otherwise it'd be like a ripoff to you guys ya know? but not the general public

ownmart
02-22-2010, 02:04 PM
on the note of esn changing, theres no legal way to gain access to being able to get into the server without being a cricket employee or authorized dealer is there?

Mr._Pseudonym
02-22-2010, 09:43 PM
:^/ No, I wouldn't think Cricket's server database would be open to the public. If you really need to change something, you'll have to ask Cricket to do it for you, and you'll have to be prepared to pay them for it, and you'll even have to be prepared to hear them say "no."