PDA

View Full Version : Site Improvements

Dex
02-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Well i have been hard at work today making massive modifications adding and taking away well more adding then ne thing first off u will notice that the navi bar has some new links on it first off is groups and members this is to let u kno who ppl are next is forum HA ur already there Next is Auctions as of right now Grasshoppa cannot post new auctions they can only bid on them to be able to post u need to be cricket mafia a GM Admin or the Flasher user group which is posted how many post u need to have to get there. new what's new is for all new posts and threads started. Live support is for u to be able to talk to use live if u need help and CANNOT FIND THE ANSWER AFTER SEARCHING we are willing to help also if u just wanna come and kick it so all i can say is enjoy the new navi bar next is u will notice ur post count next to ur name in green so u kno where u stand and also i installed a pm enhancement that when u get a pm u get and animated envelop next to ur name so enjoy the new addons i have installed and more to come

ps no need to let mods kno about dead links we got a bot for that lol works great too thank you all and enjoy

Mr._Pseudonym
02-20-2010, 09:22 PM
;^) Heh. Even from my cellophone I can see the green word "online" next to your username. That's a welcome featture.

[Edit]
;^) Ahhhh, the "Thanks" button works over cell phone, too. Way cool.

Mr._Pseudonym
02-20-2010, 09:53 PM
:^/ Hmmmm, you know what? On my cellophone while waiting for the bus the user ID part of each post looked pretty clean and simple. However, now that I've switched to my laptop, having each segment in its own box make it look cluttered. The orange background is nice, though, except for the green "Online" text being hard to read.

[Edit]
;^) Oh, hey! I just noticed the animate envelope for PM's now. That's a real attention grabber....

RIP MOBILE-FILES
02-20-2010, 09:55 PM
I like the flashing mail lol you cant miss it it draws you in and yes i got caps on cause i am screaming

RIP MOBILE-FILES
02-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Wow even nicer no cap bot i love it since i forget more than all the members put together to turn mine off.

Mr._Pseudonym
02-20-2010, 10:04 PM
@RIP

;^) Heh. Thanks for beign cool about the caps bot....

:^/ Another note of feedback for Dex and Smitty: I like the little cell phone graphics on the front page, but I've only seen it one color. The old one had separate images to indicate whether there were new posts or not, and I miss that.

whitey10tc
02-20-2010, 10:45 PM
@RIP

;^) Heh. Thanks for beign cool about the caps bot....

:^/ Another note of feedback for Dex and Smitty: I like the little cell phone graphics on the front page, but I've only seen it one color. The old one had separate images to indicate whether there were new posts or not, and I miss that.
I would like to see some kind of indicator as to new posts as well. But everything looks cool.

Dex
02-20-2010, 10:58 PM
there is and indicator i put it in today look at the antenna on the posts it will have lines like its reciving when there are new post and none if there arent lol i needed that so i edited the pic lol

whitey10tc
02-20-2010, 11:00 PM
there is and indicator i put it in today look at the antenna on the posts it will have lines like its reciving when there are new post and none if there arent lol i needed that so i edited the pic lol
I notice it now that you pointed it out
thanks

Dex
02-20-2010, 11:04 PM
HA HA HA i changed it lol

Online= Flashing

Offline= Not Flashing

plus i changed the color of the text

Dex
02-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Added pm button to posts enjoy

Mr._Pseudonym
02-21-2010, 09:46 PM
;^) I see we have google ads, now. Cool. Do they help much?

whitey10tc
02-22-2010, 06:57 PM
It's good to see the googlebots are crawling the site. 2 days in a row now.

Dex
02-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Well put in forum sidebar and chatbox so enjoy

bigglou23
02-23-2010, 01:24 AM
This site is the shiznit!

Dex
02-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Now i have added a few more mods now all threads will be automatically tagged, if u request something or have a problem and someone solved it for u u can mark the thread as solved and it automatically closes the thread so that no one can make ne more posts this is enabled for all user groups so dont abuse it or we will ban hammer u the mark as solved is in the thread tools button when viewing the thread also u can now view how many new posts there are located on the navi bar its the green number right after new posts enjoy

bigglou23
02-24-2010, 05:49 PM
Very nice work Dex, looks great!

thesmitty68521
02-24-2010, 05:52 PM
;^) I see we have google ads, now. Cool. Do they help much?

They help a little bit. It brought in 3.50 since we started it this weekend. lol

I think it helps more though with being recognized by Google. I see the Google bots on here a lot. The more they come here and the more info we add, the more rep our site gets.

Mr._Pseudonym
02-24-2010, 09:42 PM
;^) You're correct that evrything that gets our name out there is a good thing. Interestingly, the google ads don't show up on my treo. Perhaps Opera Mini's proxy is weeding them out as it reformats the pages.

:^/ The chatterbox feature is good, but it doesn't work for Opera Mini on PalmOS. The little snd button after the input gadget isn't useable. Perhaps it'll work on Blazer, Palm's built-in browser.

Dex
02-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Well i have implemented more improvements i removed the donation link from the footer and placed it in the quickbar i also implemented the donation goal meter i spoke with smitty and he told me that its 75 for hosting so i decided that would be the amount set every month for the donation meter so we can at least get hosting paid for by all members now mind u i made donations my self u can ask smitty that i did so dont think i dont help out with just he cosmetics and features of the site i do a lot more. Coming soon i will be tryin to implement an arcade system so that if ur bored at work u can play flash games right here on the forum so what can i say enjoy the new add ons

We are also looking into advo for dealers on the site me and smitty are in negotiation about the amounts but we will keep u posted

Mr._Pseudonym
02-27-2010, 03:38 PM
;^) Looking good, Dex. I saw the Arcade stuff in the admin controls the other night, but didn't spend much time with them. As for your contributions, don't sell yourself short.

Dex
02-27-2010, 04:11 PM
well i have been hard at work i just upped the ranks for the noobs you now have assigned pix done by urs truly lol gotta have comedy with it too

whitey10tc
02-27-2010, 05:32 PM
I like the new ranks the noobs look good.

Dex
02-28-2010, 03:09 AM
Well after extensive testing and editing of files i finally got the Text Messaging system to work with cricket u can successfully recieve text updates for your CDMA Gurus account via MMS on Cricket so please set up and enjoy

Dex
03-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Well i finally opened the arcade for play if u are a grasshoppa noob u must have 25 posts or more to play all others execpt banned users and ppl waitin for email confirmation and moderation are excluded but all i can say is enjoy

Mr._Pseudonym
03-13-2010, 02:17 PM
;^) The arcade looks pretty slick, Dex!

:^/ Except that the Asteroids game isn't saving the high score for me....

Dex
03-13-2010, 04:51 PM
i think that u have to hit ok after the game over to save it didnt save mine either

Tannus
03-14-2010, 06:12 AM
Nice arcade DEX. I just noticed it. Can U put Pit Fall on it? I don't have a power supply 4 my 2600 & I would love 2 play it... lol

Dex
03-15-2010, 08:47 PM
from what it said u can only put in nukephp games and the site which they were on is down :(:( so i cant add more games as of yet

Tannus
03-16-2010, 01:40 AM
It was worth a shot... Still sick

Dex
04-06-2010, 07:36 PM
I have just installed a new feature that allows u to view lastest rep obtained on ur profile

Dex
04-08-2010, 10:27 PM
well now i installed a live multiplayer game room which has poker along with chess and reversi and solo games as well enjoy also still workin on new servers to reduce lag on site will let u know when we will be moving

Dex
04-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Hey all i need some help i need a gif preferably a nice one animation should last about 5 secs just like the loading screen on windows mobile or android please post them here so i can see thanks

Dex
04-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Well since eveyone is asking about it to use the hide tags lol u need to:

Use the following bb code [ hide] [ /hide] without the spaces of course or on advanced edit there is an icon of a key use that to initiate the hide tags

rayborn
04-15-2010, 11:27 PM
now if we can just do this by using the thanks button.

Dex
04-15-2010, 11:31 PM
waiting for that hack to be released once it is it will be enabled

Help
04-16-2010, 10:10 AM
That is too cool

Dex
04-17-2010, 11:45 PM
changes a lot today i hope u enjoy the changes sry the site went down unexpectantly im learning linux but hey i got it the site should be way more responsive now please let me know what u think and any errors u incur thanks

Dex
04-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Well new addon installed now new replies and threads will show up in chatbox letting ppl kno i will also lower the required post count to 15 to view chatbox but 25 to post

Dex
04-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Well i finally found the hide hack we want to put up on our forum it uses the thanks button to view the hidden content along with other methods if u want more details pm me and i will let u kno

Dex
05-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Well i have added new Thread prefixes to help differentiate threads with files and help threads the new prefixes are as follow post ne suggestions for more here

[Release]
[Drivers]
[Monster]
[Bin File]
[DLL File]