PDA

View Full Version : HTC Snap Split from WM Cab & OEM requests!

thesmitty68521
02-15-2010, 12:45 AM
I have an HTC Snap from Sprint. I haven't even touched it. HTC's are my weakness. I now have one to mess with and it is one of the newest. lol.

I am looking for a ROM that will allow for me to fully flash it. That would be cool.

whitey10tc
02-15-2010, 01:24 AM
I have an HTC Snap from Sprint. I haven't even touched it. HTC's are my weakness. I now have one to mess with and it is one of the newest. lol.

I am looking for a ROM that will allow for me to fully flash it. That would be cool.
There is a bunch of custom ROMs out for the Snap, but nothing that is cricket devoted. I don't currently cook for this device. Haven't had the need.But heres a link to a custom Sprint that could be modified [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Tannus
02-19-2010, 02:21 AM
I didn't know where 2 post this. I'm working on an HTC snap S511 2day. Luckly I remembered how because the post that taught me was on the old M-F which as we all know is gone 4ever. So I thought I would put this up 2 help others out like it helped me. I actually flashed mine back 2 Sprint so I can use it after I laundered the frozen ESN by putting it on cricKet. I'm gonna show U how 2 put it on Cricket though.

1st off here is what U'll need
ActiveSync 4.5. 4 XP or Download Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 4 Vista & Win 7. U can get that from here
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

U will also need CDMA Workshop. 2.7 works fine. QPST does not
U can find that by using the search button in the top right hand corner of this page

and the drivers I provided below
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Step 1
Install ActiveSync
When it's done it will prompt U 2 plug the device in.
Leave ActiveSync up
When that is done it"s time 4:

Step 2
Leave it plugged in
On the handset dial ##Diag# (##3424#).
That will put it in Diagnostic mode.
U will then B prompted 2 install the drivers I provided above
Search 4 the drivers URself & put that file in2 the browse section.
2 sets of drivers will B installed.

Step 3
Next pull up CDMA Workshop.
U'll want 2 know what port UR phone is set 2.
Under the "SECURITY tab", simply read the SPC, Send the SPC, put 000000 in the box & write the SPC
Next go 2 the "OTHER tab" & write the PRL
Last Go 2 the "NAM tab" read & in the SID box, just the 1st 1, type in 6425 (or the SID 4 UR area) write 2 phone & UR done.
U can also change the MDN & MIN in that tab.

U have a Cricket SNAP

This does not cover MMS or WAP.

Thank you & good luck

Help
03-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Is there a Wap n MMs soulition for Snap s511 Willow?

thephoneguy913
04-02-2010, 10:59 PM
I have 4 HTC Snap (sprint) in my store...they are worthless for my clients without MMS or at least WAP...does anybody have a Cricket Custom ROM for this model?...I will pay for it....

Dex
04-02-2010, 11:21 PM
there is no custom cricket but there is a way to get wap and mms

thephoneguy913
04-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Oh...OK...like the old solution for the Vogue?....deleting the Guard File and downloading some cabs to the phone?

Dex
04-02-2010, 11:57 PM
thats the thing there is no guardian file but basically the same type of deal i will say its hard as hell

thephoneguy913
04-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Oh...I c ...I might spend just a few hours on one of them by next week...I probly gonna give up when I get frustraded....lol...but thank you anyways.

Dex
04-03-2010, 12:03 AM
send it to me and i will get uu a solution 100%

thephoneguy913
04-03-2010, 12:09 AM
With Wap and MMS?....and would you sell that solution to me?

whitey10tc
04-03-2010, 12:09 AM
I would say treat it more like a Moto Q, For wap/mms.

thephoneguy913
04-03-2010, 12:14 AM
So you think if I use the Q file...it might be a good solution for this model?

whitey10tc
04-03-2010, 12:29 AM
So you think if I use the Q file...it might be a good solution for this model?Give it a try, just back up everything first.

thephoneguy913
04-03-2010, 12:33 AM
LOL...OK...Ill give it a try next week...I'll post the solution if that works...for now I gotta make this Droid Going...Is driving me crazy and im a bout to give up...lol

bawanyh
04-13-2010, 02:45 PM
LOL...OK...Ill give it a try next week...I'll post the solution if that works...for now I gotta make this Droid Going...Is driving me crazy and im a bout to give up...lol

Wap is easy just run the rapiconfig command like Q and do the simple ip manually and you have the internet but I need the mms

Help
04-14-2010, 09:27 PM
This is a shot in the dark,but this file is my acrsoft mma ua. Import it with CeRegEdit. I should import to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software .

ArcSoft MMS UA ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Edit I cabed this, but still have not been able test it on a snap. [hide-thanks] [Only registered and activated users can see links] [/hide-thanks]