PDA

View Full Version : HTC vogue (sprint) no radio issue

ownmart
02-19-2010, 12:39 PM
I cloned my esn on this phone
by using cdmaworkshop and used meid write to write meid/esn to phone to test out if I could fully flash it
but when I put the original ESN (which didnt have meid on back of phone) it does not get a radio signal, is there a way to convert the ESN to meid so I can write it on there and it'll work again?

I tried using this:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
as someone told me to use and it only did esn hex to dec not meid.

I'm assuming I'll have to hard reset the device, but I don't know if that would fix it, anyone have any idea?

(I made a thread before during the changes but I don't think it was imported)

Mr._Pseudonym
02-19-2010, 01:53 PM
:^/ Either it wasn't imported, (unlikely, Dex is good at this stuff,) or it got mixed up while I was shuffling things around. Check your post history to make sure.

meanngreen04
02-20-2010, 01:11 AM
The phone you're flashing doesn't support and meid. There is no way to convert a hex to an meid. A pESN is calculated by algorithm off the meid, but a true hex is not. Repairing an ESN with one of a pESN will fail in most phones. You're best bet would be to repair it with a different one that doesn't have a MEID or pESN, just a standard hex. The radio on the phone is showing an invalid esn type and therefor is rendered useless. Restoring the previous ESN or putting a HEX in should return your radio to operating condition.

ownmart
02-20-2010, 05:19 PM
alright, thanks for the info, I'll probably just use one from a touchpro sprint and change a couple nums

pctech101
02-21-2010, 07:28 PM
I just want to point out that CHANGING your ESN/MEID is illegal.
It is legal to REPAIR an ESN/MEID...