PDA

View Full Version : moto q change splash screen

RIP MOBILE-FILES
02-12-2010, 06:34 AM
credit goes to ---------> alexrz619 and to gold membr
01-02-2009, 10:12
Well After some reaserch and some experimenting, I was able to change the Microsoft bluescreen on the Verizon Motorola Q.The one that comes after the Verizon one. this is cool if you want to customize it or Brand it with your "Flashing signature"

1. First, install a registry editor on your moto q via active sync,

2. Second , Make your image using any paint editor, paint.net or photoshop will do, save it as a .png File, its important you save as Png format the size should be 320x240 resolution.

3. Name it whaever you want, now connect your Q to the computer
Open file explorer on your computer Via active sync, And browse to the "windows"Folder and drag and drop.

4. now disconnect your phone and open up the registry editor
and browse to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software \Microsoft \Splash Screen
in that path there will be a couple of files, we will only edit 3 of them

5. The CarrierBitmap, MSBitmap, and MSShutdownBitmap

What you do is click on each one and change the path file.
you have to direct it to where you saved your image in the windows folder.
so when you click each one, you browse to the "windows" folder on the q and select your image.

6. Restart your phone and when you turn it on, if you did it right, you will have custom image, cricket logo, or whatever it is that you did.

*note* you can actually drag and drop 3 images and assign them to each one
so that you can put other stuff on it.

goldmembr help
Here download this put it on your memory card and use the bilt in stock file manager to install the cab from your card. Then put the file on the root of you memory card named exactly the same, same dimensions and same format as the file you are overwriting on the phone. Use Totol Commander to copy the file over to the directory the file you are replacing is in and select overwrite. Backup the file first of course just in case you need to go back.

4MUSKRAT
02-28-2010, 08:35 AM
will this work on a Q9c as well?

meanngreen04
02-28-2010, 06:31 PM
This is the long way. The easiest method is to rename your file you'd like to use as the startup or shutdown the same as the one you're replacing. Move it to your device. Go to device and move it to the windows directory. Confirm replace. Takes a lot less time for me atleast.

markymark805
03-03-2010, 01:08 AM
This is the long way. The easiest method is to rename your file you'd like to use as the startup or shutdown the same as the one you're replacing. Move it to your device. Go to device and move it to the windows directory. Confirm replace. Takes a lot less time for me atleast.

I tried doing that for my Start Up image a while back but was told I didnt have permission to over write that file on it. It was on a Verizon Q, shouldnt I have unlimited access if it was never locked? Or was I doing something wrong? I was moving the imagine from a microSD card to the location where the file I was overwriting was located at.

techcompsolutions
07-20-2010, 02:05 AM
You were doing it wrong as you cant overwrite the file that is currently being used without first redirecting the Phone to look in another location for the file and then doing the modification. Or you werent doing it with a registry editor that was on the phone itself As I ran into this problem back in the day when I was trying to use a registry editor VIA my computer instead of off the phone itself :) Hope this helps some.