PDA

View Full Version : Can't get past iPad activation screen, iPad activation blocked?

rokit8
09-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Gurus, anyone aware of apple banning iPads from activating? got a shipment of original iPad 3G and only 3 were able to activate (go through the Language, Country, & activation screen).

All others getting "we could not complete your iTunes store request, iTunes store is temporarily unavailable". Researched for hours, tried parental controls, etc…. I'm stumped….

Are these banned from connecting to apple servers? something with UDID? please chime in.
Thanks

[09-24, 10:19] rich hathaway: Do they ask for apple id?
[09-24, 10:21] rokit8: no
[09-24, 10:24] rokit8: all idevices show up in itunes, this one shows up and as soon as i click on it it shows a message accessing itunes store and then couldn't not complete itunes store request, store is temporarily unavailable
[09-24, 10:25] rokit8: won't show the ipad info, the screen with device specs, manual sync etc....
[09-24, 10:25] _JiGaBu_: did you update your itunes,?
[09-24, 10:25] rokit8: this is the weirdest thing i've ever seen.... and its weird cause the 3 worked just fine and its these other ones that are doing this....
[09-24, 10:26] rokit8: yes, tried different version of itunes on macs and windows
[09-24, 10:27] _JiGaBu_: try simple steps, disconnect usb restart computer,
[09-24, 10:27] _JiGaBu_: then try it again,
[09-24, 10:28] rokit8: when i try to activate via WiFi, get a message 'Your ipad could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting to itunes
[09-24, 10:28] rokit8: bro, tried reconnect, dfu mode restore, etc - still the same
[09-24, 10:30] rokit8: its running ios 5.1.1 and shows up in iPhone config utility but not in itunes
[09-24, 11:02] rich hathaway: start a thread and we will get u some help

rich hathaway
09-24-2013, 03:45 PM
your issue sounds like may be a proxy issue or possibly a device issue,for device issue try the following
>Go to Main Menu .

->Tap on Settings.

->Tap on General Settings .

->Tap on Reset .

->Tap on Restore all content

Also go to the general option and go to the ''manage application'' settings and clear the cache itunes apps and restart your device.

diff versions of itunes you have tried would not matter unless you have totally cleaned your pc of all old itunes files,simply removing it will not do that.
i would suggest to try to use one of the devices that "worked" and purchase something from the itunes store to rule out a network problem.
report back and let me know if any of that worked

rokit8
09-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Can't try anything on device because can't get past the activation screen.
Just tried another laptop with a fresh install of windows and itunes - still the same.

By the way, these may be international iPads. Also, it doesn't have a mini SIM card in the slot but it is not prompting to put one in.

rich hathaway
09-24-2013, 05:31 PM
did you try to make a transaction thru itunes store on a working one from your location using your wifi?

and do your ipads show the slide? or just the cable with no slide?

rokit8
09-24-2013, 05:54 PM
I have a 4s running 5.0.1 connected to the same wifi, it does connect to iTunes and downloaded an app fine through app store.

The ipad does have a 'Slide to setup', then select languagel, then country (has Taiwan as default), then wifi, then activating your iPad and error message that can't activate because activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting to itunes. I did and error 'We could not complete your itunes store request. The itunes store is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.'

All my years working with apple devices never seen anything like this.

rich hathaway
09-24-2013, 08:39 PM
just use iphonecdmatool.com :D virtual activation will fix for you if they are ipad 1 cdma

that is what we made it for.

rokit8
09-25-2013, 11:33 AM
They are iPad 1 3G AT&T and it is not activating as it will not go into the iPad past the initial language, country, wifi screen. All cellular idevices need to register via iTunes, whether they are locked or unlocked. And this is the problem, will not register, giving activation servers not available.

rich hathaway
09-25-2013, 05:26 PM
yes i read what the problem is,what i didnt know was what carrier they were.that problem is what virtual ota in our tool was made for,however the tool is not coded to handle your gsm model so you cant use it yet,sorry.
the stores have an activation tool that will fix it also so why dont you take them to an at&t store or the apple store and get them activated.

rokit8
09-25-2013, 06:02 PM
All 10 of them?

rich hathaway
09-25-2013, 06:55 PM
unless you only want some of them fixed.i warranty out sometimes half dozen or so iphones at a time,they dont care how may devices you have,but you may need an appointment with the genius bar so call them first.

rokit8
09-26-2013, 01:07 PM
Tried ATT store, they don't know.
Will try apple geniuses....

Discodisco209
01-05-2014, 01:09 AM
Rich do you have virtual activation for newer cdma ipads?

Verizon iPad 4 ios 7? Does this bypass icloud activation lock?

gebriz
01-05-2014, 01:34 AM
hi, Ric, might need your help.

got a Sprint ip5, tried to OTA to Verizon, got Error messages: error 26130123:MPA/MSSP unknown error. whats that mean?