PDA

View Full Version : Samsung rogue MMS?????Also info on how to get to hidden menu without using PST

johnnyboy14981
02-08-2010, 10:13 PM
So I have everything working except MMS. I have everything already done in PST. I am just trying to find out how to access the hidden menu for the MMS. I found the one for the browser, but can't find the one for MMS.
For anyone who doesn't know how to access the hidden menu for completing the browser setup here are the directions
First enable hidden menu:
Slide the phone open and go to Menu. Select Settings and Tools. Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and Select "Phone Info" or press Fn *. Press Fn and #. A "User Lock" screen will appear.

Enter all six zeros: 000000

This accesses the hidden System Info menu. Press 2 (Port Map) or click on it. Press Fn button and press *.

Another "User Lock" screen will appear.

Enter 0103219211

This accesses Param Editor menu. Press or click on 1 (Hidden Menus). You will see two options to either Enable or Disable the Hidden Menus. Select Enable. After doing so the screen will revert back to the Param Editor Menu. Completely exit out of the menu system by pressing the End key.
Then to change browser:
Keep your phone slid open, click on Menu, then choose Media Center.

Press Fn and press #.

The "Enter Phone Lock Code" screen will appear.

Enter the last 4 digits of your phone #. If that doesn't work try your last four of your MIN. MIN can be found under Menu / Settings and Tools / Phone Info / My number - Mobile Identification Number.

Now we are in the Browser Settings menu. The settings should be the following and change only the settings below:
Keep your phone slid open, click on Menu, then choose Media Center.

Press Fn and press #.

The "Enter Phone Lock Code" screen will appear.

Enter the last 4 digits of your phone #. If that doesn't work try your last four of your MIN. MIN can be found under Menu / Settings and Tools / Phone Info / My number - Mobile Identification Number.

Now we are in the Browser Settings menu. The settings should be the following and change only the settings below:

primary and secondary dns settings: wap.mycricket.com
http username: your ph #
password: cricket
proxy port: 8080
home url: for some reason the cricket page won't work so I put [Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
ua profile: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

And you should be all set! I have EVDO and it works great youtube works and everything. I haven't gotten MMS yet. Will post a full guide when it's complete. i think this is a GREAT phone for cricket!!!!
(am not personally responsible for figuring this out just thought it would help)

johnnyboy14981
02-10-2010, 10:11 PM
So when trying to write the settings in PST for MMS the username and password keep changing back when it writes to the phone. I can't get them to stick.

meanngreen04
02-11-2010, 01:21 AM
Did you try saving the mmc file and editing it then reloading it into the phone?

johnnyboy14981
02-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Yes I tried that. Thanks for the suggestion though.

thesmitty68521
02-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Try using QPST first. Or if you have the newest version of CDMA Workshop you can write the values in the EVDO tab.

I usually just use the CDMA Workshop. But QPST works too. Just don't read from the phone. in that. Write straight to it.

johnnyboy14981
02-12-2010, 12:32 AM
I got that far the EVDO wap settings are fine. Just those two slots in the MMS tab that cgange back The username and password in the MMS tab on PST.

cellsolutions
05-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Samsung Rogue SCH-U960 MMS
1. Open QPST write prl. Then activate phone.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
3. Close QPST and open Samsung PST, not lite, choose U960 and double click. Goto Setting, check the following boxes: Multimedia_Messaging_service, WAP2_Browser_Requirements, and IS-95/1x/1xEV-DO, then click read from phone.
4. Under MMS tab change vtext to mycricket and change the upload address to 111111.
5. Under wap2 change gw.vzwwap.com to wap.mycricket.com, password to cricket, and home url to [Only registered and activated users can see links]
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
7. Writing the passwords first using QPST is the only way that you can change the passwords in this section and not have them revert.
8. Start enjoying your new rogue on cricket with mms and wap.

-thanks to gijoey1980

mobomobile
06-12-2010, 05:47 PM
I have a problem with u960 dll. I found just the dll file by itself and pasted it on the correct folder under 'samsung eletronics' then 'models'. but when I open samsung pst i get a message 'can't find dll file' and all my other dll's are there except the u960. I also found the install file for the dll and installed it, and gets installed in correct folder but i still have same problem. any ideas?

thephoneguy913
06-12-2010, 07:53 PM
do you have the Cricket MMc file?...if not...let me know and I'll post it for you...i've flashed more than 50 with no problems with the MMc file...

ownmart
07-07-2010, 01:16 AM
do you have the Cricket MMc file?...if not...let me know and I'll post it for you...i've flashed more than 50 with no problems with the MMc file...

can you post yours? I made one myself and the mms username like the guy above reverts as well with pst. inconvenient having to go through qpst just for mms

madmac
02-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Can someone please post the QPST and Samsung PST software please this is getting very frustrating :( thanks :)

death
03-03-2011, 05:58 PM
so i have everything working except mms. I have everything already done in pst. I am just trying to find out how to access the hidden menu for the mms. I found the one for the browser, but can't find the one for mms.
For anyone who doesn't know how to access the hidden menu for completing the browser setup here are the directions
first enable hidden menu:
Slide the phone open and go to menu. Select settings and tools. Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and select "phone info" or press fn *. Press fn and #. A "user lock" screen will appear.

Enter all six zeros: 000000

this accesses the hidden system info menu. Press 2 (port map) or click on it. Press fn button and press *.

Another "user lock" screen will appear.

Enter 0103219211

this accesses param editor menu. Press or click on 1 (hidden menus). You will see two options to either enable or disable the hidden menus. Select enable. After doing so the screen will revert back to the param editor menu. Completely exit out of the menu system by pressing the end key.
Then to change browser:
Keep your phone slid open, click on menu, then choose media center.

Press fn and press #.

The "enter phone lock code" screen will appear.

Enter the last 4 digits of your phone #. If that doesn't work try your last four of your min. Min can be found under menu / settings and tools / phone info / my number - mobile identification number.

Now we are in the browser settings menu. The settings should be the following and change only the settings below:
Keep your phone slid open, click on menu, then choose media center.

Press fn and press #.

The "enter phone lock code" screen will appear.

Enter the last 4 digits of your phone #. If that doesn't work try your last four of your min. Min can be found under menu / settings and tools / phone info / my number - mobile identification number.

Now we are in the browser settings menu. The settings should be the following and change only the settings below:

Primary and secondary dns settings: Wap.mycricket.com
http username: Your ph #
password: Cricket
proxy port: 8080
home url: For some reason the cricket page won't work so i put [Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
ua profile: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

and you should be all set! I have evdo and it works great youtube works and everything. I haven't gotten mms yet. Will post a full guide when it's complete. I think this is a great phone for cricket!!!!
(am not personally responsible for figuring this out just thought it would help)

hey i got rogue cant get internet or pic too worrk it worked b4 i tried your methiod