PDA

View Full Version : Reeling people over from other forums (Not stealing :) )

bigglou23
02-08-2010, 05:22 AM
Lets help folks on other forums by posting links with the info they need from this forum.
This will help us get the Gurus name out there and attract new members ;)

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

It seems to work 8)

Mr._Pseudonym
02-08-2010, 12:47 PM
;^) I like it. You're not advertising, you're helping out. That works for me....

thesmitty68521
02-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Awesome idea. It is just how you word it on HOFO. Good job big lou

meanngreen04
02-11-2010, 01:19 PM
heck yeah...good ideas....good ideas....I'll remember to post like that...

Mr._Pseudonym
02-11-2010, 09:52 PM
:^/ In this thread on Howard Forums ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) is seems they're getting a little stuffier about such things. Personally I think they're overdoing the protectionism bit. I"m beginning to wonder whether they still allow folks to even mention that there are other cell phone sites, even without linking to them....

whitey10tc
02-11-2010, 11:07 PM
I was warned by cane not to link to other sites anymore, something about that it sends people away from the forum. I think they feel endangered.

thesmitty68521
02-11-2010, 11:12 PM
It's two things I thin:

1) They are anal about software downloads. They are afraid that if they have people linking to other sites downloading software they can get into legal trouble.

2) We are the "new kids" on the block. They don't like us. lol

Either way... the way I see it is I look at the purpose of a forum: members providing information on a variety of subjects. At what point do you put a limit on that information? Whether or not you link to other sites, people will leave if you don't have the info you are looking for. But if you provided the link in the first place to where they ultimately found their info, they are more likely to come back.