PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Samsung Highlight Missing User Lock

ten0rplaya04
02-08-2010, 01:37 AM
So, I purchased a phone from a customer last week and the dummy I am, I purchased it without making sure there wasn't a password. I pulled the battery out to record the IMEI and put it back in and bam, a password screen pops up. Does anyone know of a way to hard reset (hardware button reset) the phone to clear the password?

I've already tried codes with * and #, but they won't work on this phone. Any help would be appreciated. Note: I'm not trying to Network Unlock so Subsidy codes do nothing for me at this stage :)

Mr._Pseudonym
02-08-2010, 02:01 AM
:^/ I've no experience with GSM, but in my CDMA experience, codes begining with # and * and dialed at the dialer interface, and require that the radio be on. To hard reset the Treo, one holds the power button down while replacing the battery. Once the unit has power, you'll get a prompt to reformat the cell phone to factory specs.

:^/ In your place, I'd recommend taking the battery out, then expirementing with holding different combinations button when restoring the battery. For example, the power button, the volume buttons, the call end button, etc

;^/ Let us know you get along..

thesmitty68521
02-08-2010, 02:03 AM
Since it is a Samsung, you might want to try 47*68#13580 then a menu should come up. Type in 073 the phone will reset.

It works on a lot of the Samsung CDMA handsets.

Other than that, I am a CDMA Guru not a GSM Guru. lol

whitey10tc
02-08-2010, 02:07 AM
Heres another GSM Samsung unlock code you can try. (this is the code **05*46958401*1234*1234#) if it works after the password will be 1234. If I come up with anyothers I'll post again.

ten0rplaya04
02-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Heres another GSM Samsung unlock code you can try. (this is the code **05*46958401*1234*1234#) if it works after the password will be 1234. If I come up with anyothers I'll post again.

Yea I've tried this one, but because the phone is locked at the password screen, * and # are unsupported characters. The phone is completely locked down and according to Samsung, it'd have to be sent in to be reset. What I think that means is reload the firmware, but I haven't been able to locate firmware for it. I can see the phone as a modem, but that's the closest I get. If the phone wasn't locked and I just didn't remember the password, it'd be a cinch lol.

Dex
02-08-2010, 01:40 PM
take out the sim card

*2767*FULL(3855)#
enjoy

ten0rplaya04
02-08-2010, 03:29 PM
take out the sim card

*2767*FULL(3855)#
enjoy

Sim card is out and it pulls up the password prompt. No dialer at all.

flashmasterz
02-08-2010, 05:01 PM
essh!!! Man I have a dealer that brings me phones like this all the time!!! Its a pain! For the samsung I have yet to find something to help...all the codes I get have to be entered with the keyboard which you dont see cause the user lock!!! It sucks!!! Ill ask around and see what I can find...

ten0rplaya04
02-09-2010, 05:00 AM
Well this guy I'm purchasing an unlock from said he can get me a user lock reader for the phone. I just have to wait and be patient. I'd rather have the phone unlocked already, but I can wait a few more days. Besides, if it works, it can be used to help other people with the same issue ;)

Dex
02-26-2010, 05:36 PM
The reset code i gave should work on all samsung fones its the universal hard reset on them so if u have a user lock its the code to reset it

ten0rplaya04
02-27-2010, 04:22 AM
The reset code i gave should work on all samsung fones its the universal hard reset on them so if u have a user lock its the code to reset it

It probably would work however this phone works without the sim card present. This means that before the dial pad or emergency call only screen pops up, it presents you with a password prompt. If you turn the phone on and it's not password protected, you're able to access the phone's features without the sim card (minus the phone itself of course). But it's alright. The guy sent me a code reader and I wrote down the user lock code. It works beautifully now.