PDA

View Full Version : HTC Touch Pro cricket full flash tutorial

whitey10tc
02-07-2010, 05:09 PM
1st off credit is due to those that wrote these programs I only take credit for putting this all together.
Every step must be done in order. Do not skip anything just because you've done it already. Do it again!

Install the following before anything else NETCFv35

#1 use msl grabber to get the msl/spc code found here
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
install via activesync or sd card and run on ppc.

#2 unlock with the unlocker listed here
Read and follow the direction. VERY IMPORTANT!

#3 flash this sprint 6.1 ROM to update radio "WARNING DO NOT LET CUSTOMIZATION RUN" SOFT RESET WHEN IT SAYS AUTO CUSTUMIZATION IN 3 SECONDS. This is for GPS1 to work.
[Only registered and activated users can see links] 53_0909_PRL60613_Ship.exe.zip
To do this connect USB to computer then get to bootloader red green yellow screen and connect to cable then run the exe file. DO NOT LET CUSTOMIZATION RUN SOFT RESET WHEN IT SAYS CUSTOMIZE IN 3 SECONDS.
After this point you may need to run the unlocker again.

#4 Go to the following and download
QPST and windows htc driver [Only registered and activated users can see links]
activesync4.5 [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Vista users will need this driver [Only registered and activated users can see links] (Thanks to Sergey123456 from XDA)
Install QPST on computer
Install htc drivers on computer
Install Activesync 4.5 on computer
Put phone into diag ##3424# or (snd) mode & connect to computer. computer should connect and find new device
run QPST configururation and add new port till you find your phone.
Now in QPST run from top menu start clients service programing.
Select phone
Read from phone imput spc/msl code from the grabber.
Then enter 000000 in the service programing field.
Write to phone

I would recommend now to flash a custom ROM located in the cricket HTC ROM's forum.

AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.
You will need a cricket PRL to load [Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links]

then go to [Only registered and activated users can see links] post #28 it will help you set up your pst setting correctly.
YOU CAN ALSO DOWNLOAD THE MMS CAB FROM HERE [Only registered and activated users can see links] and then
Install the cricketwapmms cab
Do not try to open a data connection untill you have cricket service on the phone.
you must have service.

If you are having issues with the orinal carrier setting reverting back try looking through these addtional QPST setting.[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Laderius
02-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Im not too sure which step to start on... previously my phone was flash and unlocked. now im not too sure. I tried flashing a energyRom and got an endless boot cycle. I reflashed with a sprint stock rom and shut it off right when customizations were going to start. Any help is greatly appreciated

whitey10tc
02-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Im not too sure which step to start on... previously my phone was flash and unlocked. now im not too sure. I tried flashing a energyRom and got an endless boot cycle. I reflashed with a sprint stock rom and shut it off right when customizations were going to start. Any help is greatly appreciated
First you want to go into the bootloader and check to see if you have the correct bootloader it should read a connex version if so then your good and you just flashed the shipped ROM so you could start at step 4. Also when you get to the GPS registry setting I recommend using the cab it alot easier.

Laderius
02-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Can i flash a custom rom then run the gps cab?

whitey10tc
02-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Can i flash a custom rom then run the gps cab?
Yup that the way to do it!