PDA

View Full Version : Boost horrible speeds

bakenast
08-13-2013, 11:30 AM
Will the speed of a mifi on boost using a incognito be any different,, than using a more expensive android boost device? Thanks

elisa191
08-13-2013, 11:33 AM
Will the speed of a mifi on boost using a incognito be any different,, than using a more expensive android boost device? Thanks

Your speeds on Boost using a 3g ..... - incog or android are going to be between 350kbps and 650kbps

Thats it unless your in a market where boost has updated their cdma network and then its considerably faster but there few and far between right now.

Also I don't know how your flashing that mifi but if your using an android ..... your really need to pull the whole profile not just the keys! We recommend that with the incogs as well its a cleaner flash

bakenast
08-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Kk thanks, ya i write the whole profile, was just wondering if any benefit in getting a better 3g device,, we must be in a un-updated area, cause were usually last at everything around here..

elisa191
08-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Kk thanks, ya i write the whole profile, was just wondering if any benefit in getting a better 3g device,, we must be in a un-updated area, cause were usually last at everything around here..

There are a few changes you need to make to the profile to get 3g speeds you can't really just read and then write it you have to change a few things but your speed should be around 500kbs with boost which is pretty snappy especially on a mifi

deathtrip
08-26-2013, 07:35 PM
I have never, ever, heard of anyone having speed issues on Boost using EVDO Revision A devices except in areas where Sprint just had low speeds or high traffic to begin with.

Unless this is something that has happened recently, we ALWAYS had 2-3 mbit on our MiFi's and Sierra Wireless USB dongles when using the Treo Pro 850.