PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on the Rogue full flash

johnnyboy14981
02-06-2010, 10:03 PM
I am starting to flash this phone. So far it's a GREAT phone. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated. Once finished I was going to write up a how to. I have seen others achieve this already. I think it will be similar to the glyde. Thanks

bigglou23
02-06-2010, 10:22 PM
The rogue is basically like every other samsung flash, just use the correct dll and enable the hidden menus :)

johnnyboy14981
02-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Thank you for the reply. I think that is one of the issues I think because the phone is so new I can locate the u960dll

bigglou23
02-07-2010, 12:21 AM
Here you go: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Edit: I just noticed that Smitty posted it for you, but here it is again i guess :)

johnnyboy14981
02-07-2010, 11:31 AM
So I tried doing something with the contacts and when it powercycled, it was stuck on the verizon scree. I am going to take it to a store and see if they can fix it. Fingers crossed.... By the way thanks for all you guys help. Much appreciated!!!

thesmitty68521
02-07-2010, 12:23 PM
I doubt they will fix it for you. You probably need the bin file now. Put the phone in emergency mode by pressing the 9 key plus the power key with the phone off. Then load the bin file to the phone. Problem with that is I don't have the bin file. Perhaps another member on here does.

johnnyboy14981
02-07-2010, 07:33 PM
It's ok I really appreciate all the help from everyone. I actually sold it to a friend of mine for parts and got another one. (lesson learned!!!) I know this is a stupid question but I won't know if I don't ask. I see poeple reporting download speeds of 1000kpbs. I have never gotten those kind of speeds and I'm in a EVDO market. The plan I have is the $45 one with everything. Do you need the HTML data feature to achieve this? Also was wandering how to get to the hidden menu of this phone to complete programming? Again thanks for all the info.

johnnyboy14981
02-10-2010, 04:57 AM
Ok so now I got everything set right but it won't stick. When it rights it it reverts back. Can't get it to stay!

cricketmodder
02-10-2010, 05:29 AM
MMC files always revert when you dial *228 so activate it first by loading the prl and then manually add your mdn to the wap and mms settings and you should be set.

johnnyboy14981
02-11-2010, 06:33 PM
I did *228 then went into PST and everytime I write the settings to the phone the username flips back to the vzw ones.

thesmitty68521
02-12-2010, 12:02 AM
That always happens. Just put in the cricket settings and then DO NOT *228 the phone again.

Your web and MMS will work then.

This is a fairly simple phone. The DLL and Samsung PST has been provided. All you need to do is put in the correct cricket settings.

johnnyboy14981
02-12-2010, 01:19 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

thephoneguy913
02-12-2010, 03:42 AM
Hey bro...i had the same problem with a few Rogue's that I have in my store...the only way that I could make the user and password stick is through the EVDO tab in CDMA Workshop...it works for me....it happens to me in the Lg Tritan too...and i did the same and It works like a charm...Let me know if that work's for you too... :)

johnnyboy14981
02-13-2010, 12:29 PM
I don"t have an evdo tab in the cdma workshop i am using. I am still using two seven. Someone helped me out last night for awhile and the both of us couldn"t crack it. God why do samsungs have to be so troublesome!!!!!!!!!!!

thephoneguy913
02-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Have you tried changing the passwords with Qpst?

johnnyboy14981
02-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Yeah and it always reverts back. Me and a friend of mine that knows ALOT more about phones then I do worked on it for about 4 hours last night and still couldn't get it. I really don't understand this. the posts that I have seen where people said they got it really didn't seem that difficult. Nothing I have done has worked. I have tried changing it in qpst, I don't have the newer cdma workshop(it was suggested to change the un and pw in the EVDO tab but I don't have that tab in my cdma ws) he even did a memory dump in an attempt to hex write it into the phone using bitpim and couldn't get that to work. There isn't a get it now menu on the phone, and there doesn't appear to be a MMS menu on the phone to edit it right there. So as of now I'm stumped. I'm just considering smashing this phone against the wall to get some relief...LOL

thesmitty68521
02-13-2010, 04:10 PM
I don"t have an evdo tab in the cdma workshop i am using. I am still using two seven. Someone helped me out last night for awhile and the both of us couldn"t crack it. God why do samsungs have to be so troublesome!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are serious about flashing, the newest version is the way to go. It is only a little over $100.

And if you are any good at flashing, you will make your money back.

Not to sound mean, but I have no sympathy for people who want to flash phones and don't make an investment in it. It takes time, lots of time and sometimes a few bucks.

I have done a few of these myself and I use the new CDMA Workshop and it's done in about four minutes.

johnnyboy14981
02-13-2010, 07:45 PM
I respect that. And I agree, and not related to this forum but I was doing this purely for myself until about 4 months ago when I got layed off. So I went back to school and started trying to flash phones to earn some extra income, and to help people out bc there is a guy here who charges people $90 and doesn't even do a full flash sometimes. I've had numerous people tell me about it. When I do have the money that will be the first software I buy. I know it's off topic, but I don't want people to think I am trying to leach off of their hard work and experience and give nothing back. The other reason for me starting this thread is bc I figured when I had a completely working phone I would make my first complete "how to guide" for this phone. it seems to be a bit different then some other samsungs and it's a great phone in my opinion. Thanks again for all the useful feedback.

thesmitty68521
02-14-2010, 12:26 AM
Yeah, I didn't want you to think I was being a prick about it. It's just that CDMA Workshop makes things so much easier.

It took me awhile to be able to afford it too. And I stretched to get it. But made my money back in a short amount of time.

I've done these with the QPST method before. I just kept doing it until it worked. I also just write to the phone with QPST instead of reading it then writing it.

Now, I don't even bother with the rest of the stuff. I just load the MMC file and it's done. That was posted on here as well.

johnnyboy14981
02-14-2010, 03:22 PM
After days of messing with this phone I finally got it!!!! Working on a writeup for it. And for anybody that's interested you should try one of these out if you haven't it's a fun, and feature packed cricket phone. I think I'll actually stick with this one for awhile!! lol. Anyways thanks everyone for all the input. And smitty68521 it was your last post that got it. I went into qpst and wrote the settings as if it were a windows phone and bam fixed. Just wanted to give ya shout out..

dafkuwant
02-15-2010, 05:47 PM
I've done 2 of these in past 2 weeks with 100% success.

bigglou23
02-15-2010, 07:54 PM
I just did one easily using the u960 dll and the mmc file that i have.

Didnt even need to mess with the hidden menus on the phone.
Everything worked great.

Here is my mmc file: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

**remember to have the phone on an active acct or the settings will revert when OTA programming or

manually programming**

Enjoy

kc720
02-28-2010, 04:44 PM
with the correct dll u dont need any other programs. also on them mms tab, u DO NOT need to mess with the user name and passwords

ownmart
06-05-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm gonna try this out possibly today thx in advance (already pressed thx buttons)

ArkieKDealer
06-05-2010, 01:59 PM
They are very easy to flash as stated. dll and SPST are all you need. I've flashed a couple with no issues and had the chance to play with one for a few hours until the customer came back. All I can say is "sweet phone". I'd like to get one for myself.

ownmart
07-07-2010, 01:27 AM
so just activate, run the mmc (after editing their info in it) and leave the mms settings? I got web working without the phone being active yet but just makin sure the mms will work even tho it reverts to vzw settings upon writing