PDA

View Full Version : Apple, Samsung are still crushing every other smartphone vendor

Wireless News
07-31-2013, 01:50 PM
At some point some vendor besides Apple or Samsung will make money selling smartphones… right? Business Insider points us to the latest numbers from Canaccord Genuity showing that Apple and Samsung now account for 103% of all smartphone industry profits. What this means is that every other major smartphone vendor — from HTC to Nokia to BlackBerry to Motorola — is either breaking even or losing money selling smartphones. This isn’t a new development, of course, but it’s an indication that Apple and Samsung’s rivals have been unable to gain any traction this year despite releasing a slew of new high-end devices such as the HTC One, the BlackBerry Z10 and the Nokia Lumia 1020. It’s also useful to remember

More... (http://news.yahoo.com/apple-samsung-still-crushing-every-other-smartphone-vendor-174536168.html)

elisa191
07-31-2013, 02:17 PM
It is quite impressive to see what Samsung has done over the last 3 years it will also be interesting to see if Apple can keep pace. I personally don't think they can I think another vender will pick up part of Apples lost share. I doubt it will be HTC and Motorola has shown no forward movement in the last 18 months. All their new phones look like their old phones? What gives Moto?

Nokia has great hardware but keep insisting on one or two carrier release so that wont work?

Maybe zte?

whitey10tc
07-31-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm betting on Blu or Maxwest, ZTE would be a good guess also. It will be a lessor known brand that I think will take up the slack.