PDA

View Full Version : Taking Apps for moderators

thesmitty68521
02-05-2010, 11:36 PM
As this forum grows, we need to be able to keep an eye on what is posted. If something is posted that is against forum rules, it needs to be recognized as soon as possible and removed.

Moderators have two responsibilities:

1) Enforce the forum rules. Any post that is against forum rules is noted. The member warned.
2) Help members when needed. Moderators don't have to watch the board and answer every question but they will be expected to answer a post if an answer isn't provided within 24 hours. This does two things: makes the member search a little bit and keeps the forum free of dead posts.

Moderators will not have the authority to ban anyone. All ban requests must go to one of the administrators or Global Moderator. They are Smitty68521, Dex, Mr_Pseudonym, and Whitey10tc.

Moderators will have pull in the matter but I just want to make sure the authority to ban is limited to only a few members.

If you feel you are up to the task PM me and tell me why. Now is the time to get involved. Our forum is still new and we are growing fairly fast.

Dex
02-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Moderators will also be responsible for a certain section and must exhibit some knowledge of the board or boards you are moderating

Mods will be assigned to no more then 3 Main boards and are responsible for those boards and child boards within and be seen over by Admins and GMs if u need a specific topic moved to a board that u dont moderate let one of us know and we will move it we all can be reached via PM

I also think there should be a minimum post count for which mods should have and your post count will not be adjusted as non of the members of this forum have so dont ask if u are already a part of a member group u will remain in that member grp and just have mod permissions added to ur user account

thesmitty68521
02-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I should have noted that. There needs to be a post count minimum. It not only shows that he person is a very active member but also can see the posts and make sure they are helping people and not upping their post count by telling people to search.