PDA

View Full Version : HTC Hero Flash cricket and Metro by Nextelbuddie

whitey10tc
02-04-2010, 01:12 AM
I did not write this I simply pulled it of mobile-files .com a while back written by nextelbuddie

Ok I'm Finally going to help everybody out with flashing this phone. This phone gave me so many problems and I figured that it gave other people problems. And Yes this Works for Sprint Hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So Lets Begin First you will need the following Items

1. Cdma-Workshop (Any Build) i will not post.....hint....Search
2. Qpst v2.7 build 323 (I have attached this)
3. Htc Hero DIAG Drivers (I Have Attached This)
4. Htc Sync (Its On The Link At The Bottom)
5. BetterCut or Anycut ( I have made a link for BetterCut...Anycut is Available from the Market)

Ok Now that we have the Files Lets Start Flashing

1. Press ##DIAG# (##3424) on your phone You will see a screen Pop Up Thats Normal
2. Now plug The phone up to the computer and it will try and find the drivers but it will fail or ask you to locate the drivers manually so make sure you remember where you unzipped the files
3. Once you have that setup Go to Cdma-Workshop Go To the port the phone is on and Read From the Phone and go to the Security Tab.....and On the Spc Section Read The lock Code and write it to back to the phone so it says unlocked Then make the code 000000 and rewrite the code so it says sucess.
4. Now Close Cdma-Workshop and Open QPST Configuration Click On The Ports Tab and Add New Port ( Make Sure Show Serial and Usb/QC Diag Ports Only is Unchecked) and Add The Port Of Your Hero.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
7. Press ##DATA# (##3282#) And Setup your Data for your phone and press menu and Commit So your phone Will Reboot
8. Install BetterCut or AnyCut on your phone and open it Press New ShortCut And Go To Activity It make take a couple of minutes for it to appear but when it Does Go down to Proxy Setting and Click It. It Will Ask for a Name make it whatever you want to. It should say shortcut created sucessfully. Go to your Home Screen and it should be somewhere on there press it and Edit it For Cricket It should be HostNAME: wap.mycricket.com And Port Should be 8080 and for Metropcs HostName: wap.metropcs.net and Port Should Be 3128.

There you Go I think I covered Everything And Everything Should Work..(It Works For Me) If You Have any questions feel Free to Pm Me and i will try to Get Back With You......

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK TONY FOR HELPING ME WITH EVERYTHING YOUR THE MAN I OWE YOU 1

And Finally If you would like games or apps for your Android (These apps and games work for G1 and MyTouch Also) such as BetterCut or Pac-Man Go to [Only Registered Users Can See Links Click Here To Register]

Happy Flashing PLEASE THANK ME THATS ALL I ASK
Attached Files File Type: zip HTC_Hero_DIAG_Drivers.zip (1.10 MB, 514 views)
File Type: zip qpst build323.zip (7.85 MB, 338 views)
Again I did not write this the author was nextelbuddie from mobile-files .com I believe

Here is a link to the cached version of the thread from mobile-files.com [Only registered and activated users can see links] opera&gl=us&strip=1