PDA

View Full Version : Changing 411?

bobsj2000
02-03-2010, 11:23 PM
I am curious if anyone could tell me - is 411 routing/programming at the carrier level or is it in the prl?

For example customer dials 411 directory assistance. I would like to use my own directory assistance rather than the carriers as it much more reasonable in cost.

I know we can put an entry in the phone book for it, but lets face it customers usually just dial 411 send.

If it's in the prl, then can someone point me in the direction as how to change it.

Thank You,

RJ

thesmitty68521
02-03-2010, 11:54 PM
To my knowledge 411 dials to the carriers "Information" they have set up. I don't think there is anything in the PRL that affects information.

PRL is simply a text file that tells the phone what towers to look for.

All the features such as call waiting, information, caller id, etc. are set up through the carrier and it is determined by them if you have that particular feature.

At least that is my take on it.

whitey10tc
02-03-2010, 11:58 PM
To my knowledge 411 dials to the carriers "Information" they have set up. I don't think there is anything in the PRL that affects information.

PRL is simply a text file that tells the phone what towers to look for.

All the features such as call waiting, information, caller id, etc. are set up through the carrier and it is determined by them if you have that particular feature.

At least that is my take on it.

I second that 411 is with the carrier not the PRL.

Dex
02-04-2010, 12:31 PM
800GOOG411 FREE FOR ALL