PDA

View Full Version : W802S: edit 'cfg.txt' to disable firmware and PRL update

rybshik
07-15-2013, 03:52 AM
How to edit the config file 'cfg.txt' to disable firmware and PRL update (and any other kind of updates) in Sierra w802s (Overdrive PRO)?

rich hathaway
07-15-2013, 10:39 AM
well why dont you post that file here and let someone edit it for you

elisa191
07-15-2013, 10:58 AM
How to edit the config file 'cfg.txt' to disable firmware and PRL update (and any other kind of updates) in Sierra w802s (Overdrive PRO)?

The first thing is that you need custom firmware to unlock the 802 so that it will accept the edited cfg.txt file. As you probably have noticed you can write an unedited cfg.txt that you pulled off a device back to it but if you modify it at all the write fails.

That being said I have not found anything in the cfg.txt that will stop the ota updates and I have modified every setting but here it is if you guys can do anything with it.

rybshik this may look a little different from yours because when your device is fully unlocked it pulls a few more settings

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

*** NOTE - We do not have the custom firmware for sale yet please don't PM me for it if we decide to sell the solution we will post a thread in the sales forum ****

rybshik
07-15-2013, 11:45 AM
rybshik this may look a little different from yours because when your device is fully unlocked it pulls a few more settings What do you mean by "fully unlocked"? CDMA/EVDO settings (NAM, PRL, PPP, MIP) can be edited with CDMA-WS using VSP and Sierra psw. There is also info that device can be rooted to accept non-original firmware. What else?