PDA

View Full Version : Former Apple CEO Sculley tells BlackBerry to ditch hardware

Wireless News
07-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Tech companies probably aren’t clamoring for the advice of former Apple CEO John Sculley, but that isn’t stopping him from freely dishing it out. In an interview with Bloomberg, Sculley says that BlackBerry can still be a successful company but only if it stops building the hardware that has long been one of its staple businesses. Specifically, Sculley said that BlackBerry can “come back if they drop hardware and focus on secure messaging,” although he also cautioned that “the clock is running out” on the company. Although Sculley is certainly well-intentioned, he’s widely seen as a dubious source of advice.since he is regularly blamed for pushing Steve Jobs out of Apple in 1985 and for making a series of mistakes

More... (http://news.yahoo.com/former-apple-ceo-sculley-tells-blackberry-ditch-hardware-155537287.html)

elisa191
07-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Sounds to me like this is a niche that is perfect for BB

Secure calls and messaging

They certainly own the infrastructure to pull it off and I know there are A LOT of people who would pay for it!

I would be happy to pay 150+ a month for truly secure communication and I am sure several hundred thousands of other if not millions world wide would as well

Now would the US and other Governments allow them to operate?

I doubt it