PDA

View Full Version : Htc Evo question

bakenast
06-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Hi I have obtained this extra htc evo, but the usb port doesnt work,, is there any way to flash it to either boos or verizon without this? thanks

elisa191
06-22-2013, 11:15 AM
Hi I have obtained this extra htc evo, but the usb port doesnt work,, is there any way to flash it to either boos or verizon without this? thanks

There is no way to reprogram it that I know of with out the data port

I know that there are companies who repair them but it dosnt usually last very long although long enough to get it flashed but usually the repair is more costly then the phone is worth.

If the phone is in decent shape you might just by the board off ebay and replace it as its very simple to do on the evos.

bakenast
06-22-2013, 01:46 PM
well i have another evo and phone repair tools is there any way to take what i need out of my good evo and use in it just to flash it? thanks

bakenast
06-22-2013, 01:52 PM
oh and what board are u refering to?

elisa191
06-22-2013, 03:51 PM
No you cant use your good evo to flash your board with a bad data port

Just buy a new board with a bad esn (Keep in mind there are the wide band and narrow band bords so pull your evo apart first to see which you have) check out the ebay auction in the link below to see what i mean

Parts or Repair Virgin Mobile HTC EVO 4G Narrow LCD Flex Motherboard Bad ESN | eBay ([Only registered and activated users can see links] ols&hash=item1c33d70640)

bakenast
06-22-2013, 06:49 PM
crap i ended up buying the usb port repair board thing, since the port was broke off the phone guess ill try it first looks like ill have to solder