PDA

View Full Version : Treo 800w full flash

bigglou23
02-02-2010, 03:12 AM
Treo 800w Full Falsh - Thanks to tonycortes (a.k.a. supernine) for doing this amazing solution.

First you will need to get all of the files from the link below:

[hide-thanks][Only registered and activated users can see links][/hide-thanks]

Then just follow the guide that is included with the files. Below is a copy of that guide.

Cricket 800w solution
BY SUPERNINE
Credits: Beezlewaxin for great drivers, Randomwit for great CAB ideas.

0) Before anything, I recommend executing a hard reset to avoid any issues (##RTN#)

1) Place phone in DIAG PASSTHRU by dialing ##3424#

2) Connect phone via USB cable

3) Instal Beezle's Treo DIAG drivers for the new hardware detected: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

4) Retrieve SPC from memory read at the following address:
Address: 0x00790000-007A0000

5) After retrieving SPC, set it to zeros using CDMA Workshop. Also load your PRL.

6) Using NV Items Write feature under memory tab, apply the IOTA Bypass (800W_IOTA_Bypass.txt)

7) Then using the Authentication feature under EVDO tab, edit fields to match:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Password: cricket
IP Behaviour: Simple IP
Active: 0

8) Perform a mode reset, phone will not reboot, just radio.

9) After mode reset, make sure you disable DIAG PASSTHRU and transfer the provided CAB (CKT800W[S9]) via ActiveSync

10) Using File Explorer, launch the CAB, accept any warning or prompts. After it successfully installs, it will ask to reboot device.

And if you wish, remove the Sprint contact in the phonebook.

12) Enjoy the fully flashed phone with EVDO, WAP, and MMS.

Palm Centro IOTA + Provisioning Bypass - Thanks to insanecain for doing this solution. This was a long awaited one for many. All my other carrier
Centro solutions are based off this.

First get the file from the link below:

Now just use CDMA Workshop to write these nv items to your device under the "Memory" tab.

Next, you will need to make sure that your "NAM" and "EVDO" tabs are programmed correctly.

pluckyducky
02-19-2010, 11:52 PM
you can buy the newest version from [Only registered and activated users can see links] its like $107. Really useful tool or you can download the crack version 2.7
[Only registered and activated users can see links] posted by DEX.

interceptor93
05-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Im trying to install the cab to my treo 800w and im keep getting an error that the cab cannot be installed (try installing a different location!!)

What i am doing wrong???

Thank You!!!

f150xlt
08-13-2010, 12:10 AM
how can i install the driver to my pc so cdma workshop (2.7) will connect to my treo 800w . when i try to connect my treo 800w to workshop i get phone is not connected to com port or com port dose not exist.

Wrecked Johnson
08-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Im trying to install the cab to my treo 800w and im keep getting an error that the cab cannot be installed (try installing a different location!!)

What i am doing wrong???

Thank You!!!

Try installing the cab to the device, if that dont work try the memory card, if that dont work look for a new cab file yours might be corrupt

Wrecked Johnson
08-17-2010, 06:00 PM
how can i install the driver to my pc so cdma workshop (2.7) will connect to my treo 800w . when i try to connect my treo 800w to workshop i get phone is not connected to com port or com port dose not exist. If you already have the drivers for the phone all you need to do is put the phone in diag mode then connect the phone it should look for the drivers right away and you will most likely have to browse to the folder and pick which drivers to install.

Dt32886
08-30-2010, 12:33 AM
Any luck with this solution?

bigglou23
08-30-2010, 01:17 AM
Of course, it works.

wthigon
08-30-2010, 01:44 AM
Is there a way to do this without WS?

happyjack
09-09-2010, 02:56 PM
I know the WAP settings would be different, but would this work for getting around the provisioning error for the 800w on Boost Mobile?

Mr._Pseudonym
09-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Treo 800w Full Falsh - Thanks to tonycortes (a.k.a. supernine) for doing this amazing solution.

0) Before anything, I recommend executing a hard reset to avoid any issues (##RTN#)

:^/ Before that, I'd add a step -1), BACK EVERYTHING UP! The RTN in ##RTN# stands for Return To New, and will erase everything you've ever installed on your Treo, so back everything up first, then ##RTN#, etc.

;^) Great tutorial, by the way....

dduran1591
09-11-2010, 04:28 PM
When i try and write the bypass.txt it says 0 nv items where written. Am i doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

09-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Please see this page ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). Then pick a thread to continue the discussion in.

Solarcaine
11-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks for this

Solarcaine
11-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Alright I know this post is quite old but I recently acquired a Sprint Treo 800w that I'm trying to flash to cricket. I was able to install beezles drivers onto my phone after transfering them onto my SD card. However I still seem to have an issue with the phone connecting to my pc via USB on activesync. I was originally on Windows 7 64bit and compatibility was damn near impossible. So I got myself a copy of Windows XP sp3 and I'm now trying active sync on and it still doesn't sync! >:( I have done my research and messed with the USB to PC settings as well as activesyncs settings but nothing seems to resolve this issue. This is my call out of desperation that somebody would know a work around because I really would love to use this phone on cricket. I used to have 2 previous ones on sprint. HUGE bummer. any ideas?

rich hathaway
11-21-2011, 06:13 PM
Alright I know this post is quite old but I recently acquired a Sprint Treo 800w that I'm trying to flash to cricket. I was able to install beezles drivers onto my phone after transfering them onto my SD card. However I still seem to have an issue with the phone connecting to my pc via USB on activesync. I was originally on Windows 7 64bit and compatibility was damn near impossible. So I got myself a copy of Windows XP sp3 and I'm now trying active sync on and it still doesn't sync! >:( I have done my research and messed with the USB to PC settings as well as activesyncs settings but nothing seems to resolve this issue. This is my call out of desperation that somebody would know a work around because I really would love to use this phone on cricket. I used to have 2 previous ones on sprint. HUGE bummer. any ideas?

beezle's drivers are for your pc bro,not your phone.and u have to put the phone into diagnostic mode (##diag#),using active sync is for tranfer of docs/files to/from the filesys.like if your gonna use the widows cabs or something. if the drivers dont install the phone,then u must make the pc see and use the drivers thru your device manager.

Solarcaine
11-22-2011, 10:32 AM
beezle's drivers are for your pc bro,not your phone.and u have to put the phone into diagnostic mode (##diag#),using active sync is for tranfer of docs/files to/from the filesys.like if your gonna use the widows cabs or something. if the drivers dont install the phone,then u must make the pc see and use the drivers thru your device manager.

I already tried all of this it's not even in device manager.

rich hathaway
11-22-2011, 03:22 PM
well u should see something in dev mngr,prolly a little yellow ex.point.to which u should double click on,and point your pc to the correct drivers.if u see nothing in dev mngr,then restart phone&pc change cable and port,clean port on phone if your pc does not make a sound letting u know u plugged something in then the port on the phone is likely damaged.

Solarcaine
11-27-2011, 07:28 PM
ok I finally figured out it was just the cable I was using that was causing the issue. Now issue two I tried getting my MSL code from GetSPC on my phone and it reads a invalid unlock code. this is my first time doing any of this so if anybody could just specify a little easier what I need to do I'd highly appreciate it. It's a sprint phone.

rich hathaway
11-27-2011, 08:22 PM
i use bitpim for this one to get spc,but really if its yer first phone flash might be better to just buy it then complete the flash.u can get them for about 10 bucks or less.

Solarcaine
11-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Ok I finally got everything to work including finding the MSL. my only issue is that I don't know where the Auth for the EVDO is that this guides referring too? are you talking about entering it manually into the data screen? ##3282# because I could do that in there.

rich hathaway
11-30-2011, 07:07 PM
put it in there(##data#) and also write it with workshop in the evdo tab and set ip to simple only

Solarcaine
12-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Is there anyway to modify edvo in workshop 2.7?

Solarcaine
12-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Darn i need an alternative program to edit the evdo settings...