PDA

View Full Version : US Cellular S3 to Cricket or Metro Data problems encountered

Discodisco209
06-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Flash US Cellular to Cricket and Metro all the time, 2 out of the 5 S3's today are not getting Data whatsoever.

No 3G, No 1X, Signal keeps dropping to Zero bars then has No service circle, then signal picks back up.

Ive re-written ALL settings over 15 times already, all settings are sticking both in Cdma and evdo

*228 the cricket one and it programs successfully, still no data.

Both make phone calls, so mdn/min/meid is not an issue, pretty sure its not a PRL issue, use the same PRL on each of the phones today.

I use AT&T sim cards on all US Cellulars i flash, tried Verizon 4G LTE sim too, still no change.

ANY information on this would be helpful. Im using just Cdma workshop on these two.

elisa191
06-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Hello,

Yes i get this from time to time as well and the only thing that works (Not all the time eather) is to run them back to stock which I know a true stock is hard to find so click thanks if you download the link!!!

This is the .tar file so use odin and load via PDA

WARNING - This is ONLY for the US Cellular version of the S3 - ONLY US CELLULAR

[hide-thanks][Only registered and activated users can see links]!o5J13AIb!dKr5kiC2AV9wjtz6kKeq5zNIlkkyjdj4KsHYvqO sPJE[/hide-thanks]

elisa191

Viper32
06-10-2013, 08:14 PM
I have never came across a USCellular one that I could not get to work. Can you give more details on what you are writing in evdo etc.

They can be stubborn but I have mastered them.....

Viper

elisa191
06-10-2013, 11:28 PM
I have never came across a USCellular one that I could not get to work. Can you give more details on what you are writing in evdo etc.

They can be stubborn but I have mastered them.....

Viper

Seems like one out of fifty the settings just wont stick

Sometimes its all the settings sometimes its just the cdma settings sometimes just the evdo settings

I just run them back to true stock and that almost always solves the problem.

I'm not a real big - heres why they do this guy - I'm more of a - I tried a ton of stuff and heres what worked for me.

If you know why they do this that would be interesting to know. I have some theories but none of it matters as long as its flashed in the end but I can tell you that on certain handsets its not what or how you do the flash (I have flashed a few phones) its just that particular phone.

This is common with us cellular s3 btw

thanks

elisa191

Discodisco209
06-11-2013, 12:44 AM
Yes i've flashed close to 100 us cellular S3's since I get them cheap from my wholesaler.

They settings just wont stick in EVDO, But after maybe 20 times rewrtiting info it finally sticks.

Not sure why they're stubborn phones to flash, Verizon sometimes does this but not as frequent. Could it be the Pref. Mode? I make sure they're in CDMA AND HDR only.

Still havent figured it out, will return back to stock and see if it works, thanks elisa

- - - Updated - - -

Yes i've flashed close to 100 us cellular S3's since I get them cheap from my wholesaler.

They settings just wont stick in EVDO, But after maybe 20 times rewrtiting info it finally sticks.

Not sure why they're stubborn phones to flash, Verizon sometimes does this but not as frequent. Could it be the Pref. Mode? I make sure they're in CDMA AND HDR only.

Still havent figured it out, will return back to stock and see if it works, thanks elisa

- - - Updated - - -

And viper im writing all settings correctly for both Cricket and Metro, Using known 3G prls for my area.

usernames, passwords, mip profiles are all correct. Just those two in particular will not get data, calls and texts work fine.

Ill see what happens when i return to stock

elisa191
06-11-2013, 02:29 AM
Make sure you switch from umi to nv then reboot the phone then flash it.

That is probably more your issue as you have problems with far to many

Discodisco209
06-11-2013, 02:50 AM
I make sure its in NV ONLY, I even reselect nv and write just that page, then reboot phone. Idk what it could be

Viper32
06-11-2013, 05:34 AM
Disco,

I will be happy to look at one over teamviewer this evening if ya like. I can show you how to make it stick.... If ya want me to look one over, message me id and pass from teamviewer this evening after 6:30 pm est. I will be away until then.......

Viper

Discodisco209
06-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Dammit elisa, too much people downloading from your dropbox! Can't download the stock firmware! lol will try later on.

And that'd be great viper, ill private message you my id and password in a few hours. Thanks for the help again guys.

elisa191
06-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Dammit elisa, too much people downloading from your dropbox! Can't download the stock firmware! lol will try later on.

And that'd be great viper, ill private message you my id and password in a few hours. Thanks for the help again guys.

Ya I'm moving everything over to MEGA I'll update the link shortly

thanks

__________ 6-11-13 Download Link UPDATED _____________

Discodisco209
06-14-2013, 09:22 PM
It seems that Reinstalling the firmware and what viper did didn't seem to work.
When i reset it through recovery, settings or reinstall firmware it goes through the activation setup for us cellular and it takes a few minutes to activate and it fails, and it says activation is needed for data. Could that be the reason signal is dropping in and out?