PDA

View Full Version : Moto Droid talk and text flash

bigglou23
02-02-2010, 02:32 AM
To put it in diag mode in the first place, turn it off, hold down the T button, and then plug the usb cable into the computer and wait for it to turn on.
It is like the Motorola Q.
You use HW Virtual serial port, but instead of using the DHCP IP address, you just use x.x.x.2. Also, you use port 11008.

If you follow the instructions in this thread laid out by tracphonejunkie for booting the phone holding the "T" key on the hardware keyboard
to load the Motorola Networking driver(assigns the droid an IP address on the local network) then you can use Hardware Virtual Serial Port
to create a COM port for QPST, QXDM or RadioComm to use for Diagnostic mode NV access and service programming, including writing the PRL with QPST.

Use 192.168.16.2 as the IP address and port 11008 in HWSP.

I will assume you know how to read and write the service programming and PRL using the Roam tab in QPST.

**HW virtual serial port is posted**

kc720
02-08-2010, 02:51 PM
i have some people that say the following method worked for them on getting ppp settings to stick. i tried but didnt work for me. maybe it will work for others.

use virtual port to create com. qpst, without reading, write the cricket values at mip, and ppp config tab. i was told the ppp values will not stick at this point. use the latest version of workshop to write the evdo tab. i was told this will stick. then using anycut, edit proxy settings. use the actual ip address not "wap.mycricket.com" if u dont know the ip in ur market, use nslookup, or ping wap.mycricket.com. port is 8080.

again, i have tried this and DID NOT work for me but a couple people told me it worked for them. i have heard of a flex file to unlock the nvm, but so far only rumors. i know of a couple people that have evdo and mms working on the droid, but it is their solution and they are not willing to share there work yet. if this method works for u then report back here plz.

meanngreen04
02-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Ok here's the scoop. Straight from indivuals who have actually done it. "There is a seem edited file that you must flex the phone with."

My guess is there is a seem or a qcn file that conatins the lock. It is modified, compiled, and sent back to the phone.