PDA

View Full Version : Flashing over a Sprint Razr to Cricket

thesmitty68521
02-01-2010, 02:28 AM
For some reason, Sprint Razors don't flash directly from Sprint to Cricket. I found this method on the modmymoto website and it works like a charm everytime.

Here is the download link:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

I go in this order:

1. Customer upgrade
2. Full VRZ Monster
3. Cricket File

dafkuwant
02-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Whats a customer upgrade?

ownmart
02-22-2010, 02:35 PM
also make sure the device does NOT have MEID on it or you'll end up with a pretty nice looking paperweight/ parts phone. only talk/text flash those

cricketmodder
02-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Yeah same with a k1m, if it is sprint flash it to verizon first otherwise you end up with a brick everytime.

bawanyh
03-04-2010, 06:05 PM
For some reason, Sprint Razors don't flash directly from Sprint to Cricket. I found this method on the modmymoto website and it works like a charm everytime.

Here is the download link:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

I go in this order:

1. Customer upgrade
2. Full VRZ Monster
3. Cricket File

Is this for V3m or V3c?

Thanks

cricketmodder
03-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Doesnt matter, if you have a sprint motorola flash it over to verizon so if its a sprint v3m flash to either vzw v3m or v3c then flash to ckt v3c, same for k1m, moto q, etc...

bawanyh
03-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Which customer upgrade needs to be flashed?

Thanks

cricketmodder
03-04-2010, 07:01 PM
If you have a sprint phone flash a vzw monster or upgrade to it. then after that is complete flash the cricket one to it.

VicFreeze
03-05-2010, 02:49 AM
The "customer upgrade" step is where I do the Sprint Monster. I go Sprint Monster>Verizon Monster>Cricket Monster. If any step fails, get the Alltel Monster and flash it to 2% of the flash part (not the initial building of the files) and unplug and try that stage again.

As others have said, DON'T try to go from MEID to regular ESN.

bawanyh
03-05-2010, 01:25 PM
The "customer upgrade" step is where I do the Sprint Monster. I go Sprint Monster>Verizon Monster>Cricket Monster. If any step fails, get the Alltel Monster and flash it to 2% of the flash part (not the initial building of the files) and unplug and try that stage again.

As others have said, DON'T try to go from MEID to regular ESN.

Do these steps work for any v3m or its different because of different S/W Versions. Because I tried different v3m's and with the different S/W version when it flashed it gives me a white lcd. any ideas?

Thanks

cricketmodder
03-05-2010, 01:31 PM
This will work for any V3c/V3m every now and then however bootloader version 13 can brick, i have never had a white screen issue with any razr using this method

bawanyh
03-05-2010, 07:15 PM
thanks cricketmodder I will try this method tonight I have some V3m's that I need to flash.

Thanks

dilworks
01-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Well, my RAZR is not from Sprint, but i made the big mistake and flashed to it (00.43.00R, bootloader 006 - i've heard that the newer bootloader 008 is a brick factory) :P

The day that i wanted to flash away from Sprint, it was a pain, and involved 20 (yes, TWENTY) flashes to get it back to life.
Finally, this was the combo that did the trick:

- Flashing to VZW/DST/Latin American V3m/V3c flashes (it was a V3c, but whatever) always resulted in a flash failure around 50-65%.
- The "2% unplug" trick with Sprint flash didn't helped...
- But i got signs of life after flashing to V3m DST UPGRADE 01.1E.00R - phone booted to battery/signal icons.
- After that, i was free to flash back to any firmware ;) The full DST monster flashed just fine.

So... if you get stuck like me, give a try to that V3m generic upgrade, it does wonders :) Sprint bootloaders are a royal pain in the arse, but at least old ESN V3m are nearly unbrickable...

dlee7283@gmail.com
03-13-2011, 10:01 AM
im my opinion you can skip the first step. I flash Sprint Razrs to Cricket all the time.

here are the best files to do it

first open rsd lite

flash to

VRZ_V3m_01.05.0AP_PRIii33163_MONSTER_01.shx

then put the phone into bootloader mode, open rsd lite and flash the following

CKT_V3c_09.02.00R_PRIii57147_MONSTER_01.shx

rsd can flash the sprint to verizon without being in boot mode, but u have to be in boot mode to flash it to cricket after you have done the sprint to verizon flash.