PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the OTA tool using MetroPCS

dantheman0721
04-24-2013, 01:32 AM
Hi, I want to start by saying your tool has worked great and both Rich and Ydiddy have always given me solid support on Skype. That being said, I have never been able to get MMS to work, but that is not the tools fault, I just cant seem to ota anytime I try to call the Metro line and get it done. Another odd thing is while I did have 3g data originally, it just randomly disappeared one day and now all I have is the circle...which is really slow data now. My question is if I pay for the $40 OTA package, how confident are you 2 that this will fix both of my problems?

It's probably been a few months since I Skyped with either of you, but to refresh your memory I have a Sprint iphone 4 on 5.1.1 and I'm using MetroPCS in the Sacramento area. I just always get a "please try again" message when I attempt to ota. Let me know what you guys think if the ota package is just what I need.

Lastly, since I already bought the original program before you released the OTA program, would you be kind enough to offer the ota for $25 instead of $40 since that's the discounted price you would normally get when it's purchased as a package? If not, no problem, just figured it was worth asking.

Thanks, hope to hear back from you guys.

rich hathaway
04-24-2013, 10:32 AM
whats up dude?hope yer good.

so first off lets make sure your phone actually needs to be ota'd,the signs are as follows.

the biggest one is your phone will tell you "iphone is not activated"

you will have no carrier logo on the top

mms will not work.

when you navigate to settings/general/about you should see your carrier there,if you dont and there is spr/vzw there is another problem to address before we can tell if you will need to use the ota feature,such as ck the cc patch,or remove any old bundle you may have installed that is hanging and preventing the new one from being used

until the phone is activated it will not respect the carrier bundle in whole,but instead will only use part of it.

can you get on skype dan? i will be on there ina bit and will help you get this done.help will be much faster in live chat.

dantheman0721
04-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Gotcha, thanks Rich. I'm gonna try to hit you up on Skype later tonight and maybe teamview with you so you can take a look at my phone settings. It does still show Sprint as my Carrier, so I need the OTA for sure.