PDA

View Full Version : Wby can i not find a complete "HOWTO" on flashing the mifi to prepaid?

kentuckynet
03-17-2013, 09:53 AM
In this day and age of being able to find "anything" on google. You can download movie torrents of movies currently playing at the theatre. You can do just almost anyhting with just a littel research!
But why can i not locate a real how to guide short of buying it off ebay for 70 bucks?
I have found a few youtube partial videos if you can zoom in close enough you get the idea of how to do it, but still lacking some important info.

Gosh back not long ago we were flashing atmels building bootloaders buying programmers for directv and dish.

Thanks

rich hathaway
03-17-2013, 10:43 AM
CDMA Flashing Basics ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

use the search box on the top of the page it will help you find what you need.

kentuckynet
03-17-2013, 04:55 PM
i did that there is not one

kentuckynet
03-18-2013, 07:11 PM
since i cannot seem to find one of these how to's could someone provide a link to one if indeed they do exist?

CellRepairSC
03-28-2013, 10:24 AM
It's one of those hidden arts that nobody lets up on easy. The Verizon guides are easier to get ahold of, but the Sprint/Virgin Mobile ones are absolutely stupid. I can do the Verizon mifi 2200 but none of the others yet.

CellRepairSC
03-28-2013, 10:59 AM
Email me if you want more info into flashing the Verizon mifi's
**mod edit**
email address removed.

whitey10tc
03-28-2013, 11:04 PM
I know that there is a member who has the solution for most if not all the mifi's, it's a full rebrand. But it's not cheap because it took a while to put together. If interested I can get a price for anyone. It is a custom solution and has a copyright, and buyers are required to sign NDA's.

dragonfli
04-27-2013, 09:12 PM
I believe if memory serves correctly there's a Novatel utility that lets you flash new firmware to the device and there's an override flag so you can push the Verizon firmware into another branded device (eg ignore carrier checks) -- then from there, flash from your ".....". It's as Deathtrip has explained in the past -- you're pulling data keys from another device and putting them into the Mifi and forcing it to 3G only.

I bought the flashing guide like a rube only to realize that all they're selling is a crappy PDF and a cracked copy of Workshop 2.7... and a specific Verizon Prepaid handset.

whitey10tc
04-28-2013, 01:11 AM
The solution I posted about is not a pdf it is a full re-branding solution. It is now posted in the market place forum for sale. You must have got one of the cheaper guides on ebay.

dragonfli
05-01-2013, 02:38 PM
The solution I posted about is not a pdf it is a full re-branding solution. It is now posted in the market place forum for sale. You must have got one of the cheaper guides on ebay.

Meant to mention that. I understand the rebranding to Verizon at least (since I've got the Nova utils) and how to reload the data settings and pull 'em.