PDA

View Full Version : Metropcs flash Iphone 4 Vzw or sprint 6.1.2 software

w4life
03-01-2013, 11:00 PM
So i flashed an iph4(sprint and verizion) and both of them had an issue with text messaging. when i send the text it barely starts sending and gives me an exclamation mark error. i did the redsn0w jailbreaks, boot tethered, and installed open ssh as instructions said. on the sprint iphone after writing everything using the iphonecdmatool and disconnecting it, the network resets and phone kicks back to saying sprint for carrier and the sprint prl. only way i got it to stick was unplugging the phone manually after writing everything not clicking the disconnect button, and even then carrier would kick back to sprint but talk and web was working but sms and mms didnt work. i tried another method through cydia, downloading comm center patch from a different source. doing it that way got me to the same point where talk and web working but no sms and mms. on the verizon iphone same thing.:grey:

any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.:smile-new:

rich hathaway
03-02-2013, 01:19 AM
use skype for live support during normal biz hours and please have your credentials ready we will need to verify you.

w4life
03-02-2013, 08:42 PM
i sent a message but you never responded :(. skype name is hkaboy, but if you are releasing the new program on mon/tues, i can wait.

Thank you

rich hathaway
03-02-2013, 09:10 PM
you have to send a contact request to us the first time or we cant see your msg.

Discodisco209
03-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Usually when even SMS fails its a tethered boot problem, so i just go ahead and boot back up with redsnow and its fixed.

When you installed 3rd party commcenter patch did you also install MetroPCS carrier bundle? which repo are you using?

are you selecting the correct IPSW when you just boot with redsnow, thats what one of my employees had problems with.

And make sure your writing correct 3G Prl for your area on rich's tool, using wrong PRLs might be whats kicking it back into sprint PRL.