PDA

View Full Version : Guide:how to patch 6.1 commcenter on iphone 4s

rich hathaway
02-02-2013, 10:58 AM
NOTE: YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING WITH THIS FOR A FEW MORE DAYS UNTIL THE JAILBREAK IS RELEASED FOR IPHONE 4S ON 6.1 BECAUSE YOU CANT GET TO THE COMMCENTER YET.

I am reluctantly posting this because it will help the trolls that steal from us because they cannot do for themselves.

this guide will provide you with a fully patched commcenter for cdma ip4s on 6.1

the link at the bottom is the already patched commceter file you will need to un-rar it to get the file.
also you will need to press the thanks buttons to see the link.

you will need "putty" google for it,also you will need a iphone explorer there are many out there, i will be using i funbox to upload/overwrite the commcenter file to your phone.it has a cli like putty but i do not use it.

so lets get started.

navigate to /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/

you will find your commcenter there. delete and copy the new file there, make sure you only delete commcenter and not any other file,there are several that start with commcenter,but only one that is one word "commcenter" that is the one the cdma phone uses.

do not turn off your phone after you do this until everything is done or you will need to restore.

now open putty and put your wifi ip address in the "host name/ip address box it will start with (192.168) and click open.
now for name type in root and for pass type in alpine

then simply copy and paste this command into putty

ldid -s /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter

and press enter,
then copy and paste this command in putty

chmod 755 /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter

and press enter.

this will change permissions if needed and
now your commcenter is patched and you can edit or load a custom bundle.

we will have the auto patch working on the tool in the next day or so,but for now use this.

[hide-thanks][Only registered and activated users can see links]
[/hide-thanks]

dagr8est
02-04-2013, 09:02 PM
First question would this work with the iphone 5 sprint? Im stuck on the putty I open it then shuts down automatically. Im trying flash it now that we finally have jailbreak. Any suggestions?

Young Pimpe
02-05-2013, 07:31 AM
thanks thanks thanks thanks

rich hathaway
02-05-2013, 11:20 AM
First question would this work with the iphone 5 sprint? Im stuck on the putty I open it then shuts down automatically. Im trying flash it now that we finally have jailbreak. Any suggestions?

no this not for ip5,i will put up a ip5 patch i made it already,but i am focusing my attn today on the usb to port error the new jailbreak is creating with the tool.

farolero
02-05-2013, 04:52 PM
iPhone:~ root# ldid -s /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter
-sh: ldid: command not found
why this error

maxitenia
02-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Dont work for me, Is freezing on the apple logo :/ bad... Ill do a restoration and jailbreak again

rich hathaway
02-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Dont work for me, Is freezing on the apple logo :/ bad... Ill do a restoration and jailbreak again
sounds like you need to boot tethered

iPhone:~ root# ldid -s /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter
-sh: ldid: command not found
why this error
it is because your cydia needs to update.when you open it and it asks to have permission to update select "complete" and let it finish so you dont have to dl the package for that command manually.that is the problem

farolero
02-05-2013, 08:14 PM
I have cydia 1.1.8 and it dont ask me to update ver 6.1

sounds like you need to boot tethered

it is because your cydia needs to update.when you open it and it asks to have permission to update select "complete" and let it finish so you dont have to dl the package for that command manually.that is the problem

rich hathaway
02-05-2013, 09:35 PM
you can manually add "ldid" in cydia,if you have cydia set to anything other than developer [no-filters] then cydia will hide it from you.
i am assuming you have open ssh installed already

elosoxx
02-05-2013, 10:15 PM
thanks your very much

- - - Updated - - -

thanks your very much

raa8i
02-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Dont work for me too , the iPhone stuck on the apple logo & did It 3 times .
I've noticed that the size of the original file 8.68 MB and file that you Uploaded 6.15 MB
thanks rich

rich hathaway
02-05-2013, 11:27 PM
that is the size for the iphone4
this thread is for iphone 4s
do you know this? i dont have a 4s with me thats on 6.1 to verify size but i will look in the morning.
the patched file and the original will be the exact same size as data is changed byte for byte.

Martell Heflin
02-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Okay i have a major prob
Iphone 4s sprint 16Gb
I was fooling around with this patch thought i had everything
Working now i get no service i cant get it back to sprint or even try to ping to cricket i have restore several times dfu regular mode shift restore itunes done it all. No service it barely says searching. Im under the assumtion its not activating because my sprint account is long overdue but it should connect. Then there are times when i turn cellular data off it shows signal bars only no carrier name. What im thinking is that sprint wont provision my old phone number and min because the account but thats besides the point i want it on cricket im typing this on my iphone 4 8gb cricket

Martell Heflin
02-06-2013, 09:16 AM
You know what ima do
Ill re run those commands even after the multiple restore i gotta jailbreak again of course ill wait til the original cydia package for comm center is released but any suggestions might help

- - - Updated - - -

My last string is to take it to the apple store and get a freshy seeing how im still under warranty but i have supersticions they will take my phone from me cause of unpaid bill or maybe give me the wrong model but thats not true. They will be stressted trying to activate it on sprint again

Martell Heflin
02-06-2013, 09:27 AM
iPhoneServers: My iPhone 'No Service' Fix ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) ill try this for starters

rich hathaway
02-06-2013, 12:10 PM
your phone needs to ota,if you take to apple make sure its not jailbroken or they will void your warranty

Martell Heflin
02-06-2013, 04:09 PM
When you say ota meaning over the air do I simply do ##update# cause that's been done

rich hathaway
02-06-2013, 06:41 PM
also i should mention this is only for this build ---> iPhone4,1_6.1_10B142_Restore.ipsw
it will not work with any other build. and it is for the commcenter only for cdma,not commcenterclassic which is used for gsm.

ota is over the air programming it is for your sprint,vzw,cricket,metro,ect. not for any gsm carrier such as tmobile,at&t,ect.

Martell Heflin
02-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Right the phone thats messed up is sprint took it to sprint they dont have the brains for some reason i cant get it to stick to a bundle can i chmod it or what in the dir

- - - Updated - - -

And i have the correct build loaded

rich hathaway
02-06-2013, 10:29 PM
martell did your sh client give you any errors when you sent the commands? or did everything go smooth.

i had a vzw iphone4 6.0 in my shop today that would not reflect my carrier bundle after patching cc,i have done over 50 since evasi0n released,funny thing is after restore same thing,even after upgrade to 6.1 same thing with that patch.the guy took the phone with t-t-web only so i didnt get a chance to look at logs or look at it much as far as figuring out what the prob was.

need to get my hands on another problem phone.not saying the new jb is the prob but it would be the first thing i would look at.
what i would suggest you try is a full pwndfu restore followed by on the phone from the reset menu perform "erase all content and settings" then start over and use the tethered jb only then load cc patch then inject your bundle via tunes and see what happens if goes good apply the untether from cydia.

raa8i
02-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Yes, I know that I have a iPhone is 4s cdma locked on Sprint on 6.1 IOS and file size, as I told you, you can check it out yourself from the photos that I Uploaded for you along With the original CommCenter file
4S cdma Sprint.zip ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

rekapramudya
02-06-2013, 11:29 PM
thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

Martell Heflin
02-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Evasion only allows untethered jailbreak but i can run a pwnd dfu following the instructions in redsn0w. Heres the thing sometimes rarely when i dial out i get bars then it says phone not activated. The scary thing is this okay . I install commcenter patch using the backspace repo then cricket carrier bundle reset i go to sertins general about then it says my prl and what not is still locked to sprint i simply eject my sim card then it loads a new prl and it says cricket keep in mind that the carrier name is not showing in status bar not concerned about it being on sprint so yea

mos1603
02-07-2013, 04:39 PM
I have an Iphone 4s on 6.1. I patched the commcenter successfully with no errors but it only says searching when I apply a carrier bundle

Martell Heflin
02-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Ugh okay so it looks like my iPhone is reading a unknown.bundle rather than the cricket one installed is there a terminal command to get the phone to recognize it what I have done is renamed the cricket bundle to unknown still doesn't worked I'm so physed

rich hathaway
02-08-2013, 11:40 AM
how did you install the cricket bundle?

Martell Heflin
02-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Installed via cydia using cydia..............com repo this morning they updated commcenter to allow 6.1 install still no prevail. I also live in kansas city but anyways correct me if im wrong the 4s is a world phone meaning it has cdma and gsm capalbilities mines being orignally sprint would i have to do i sim unlock cause when i install these bundles and comm patches i think my phone searches for gsm networks. I restore over 10 times re jailbroke and what not and no phone is not suffering from hardware damage theres times when my bars come back when i dial out and im able to speak to a sprint rep but my account is not in good standing to activate i just want to connect to cricket. Like i said ive done it on my iphone 4 so this should be a no brainer

- - - Updated - - -

Using cydia . Com

rich hathaway
02-08-2013, 10:43 PM
the 4s is different than the ip4 is/was.there is a second sig check on the baseband level of the phone,your phone probly failing there.i know nothing about the af repo.
the new tool is going to be out soon and will full flash your iphone 4s in about 2 min.

Martell Heflin
02-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Judging since its a tool its going to cost whereas if its an android all youll pay for is esn swap or upgrade. Ima grab a logcat and see if i can debug.

Martell Heflin
02-10-2013, 03:43 PM
the 4s is different than the ip4 is/was.there is a second sig check on the baseband level of the phone,your phone probly failing there.i know nothing about the af repo.
the new tool is going to be out soon and will full flash your iphone 4s in about 2 min. okay so heres what i did i have moved the orginal carrier bundle to another location on the phone . Then i created a replacement folder i install the carrier bundle it loads inside there now so the only thing in that folder is 310SPR and the cricket folder now heres the catch i can 228 and it will bring me to activation thats good havent added esn yet when i dial a regular number im able to talk to a rep. These are cricket reps btw now. Only when i dial out or send a message out i get bars no cricket carrier i was suprised to see 3g icon and the o . I will post back up when i add esn but im tryna avoid using a program that charges me cause i have a iphone

sd_N2013
02-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Rich --- does this work for 4S on 6.1.1 AND I can go back to 6.1 with shsh blobs, does this commcenter patch allow me to change MDN and MIN?? Thank you so much for your time and development in the forums. Thank you

rich hathaway
02-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Rich --- does this work for 4S on 6.1.1 AND I can go back to 6.1 with shsh blobs, does this commcenter patch allow me to change MDN and MIN?? Thank you so much for your time and development in the forums. Thank you

no it is for 6.1 4s this build only---> iPhone4,1_6.1_10B142_Restore i havnt posted one for 6.1.1

sd_N2013
02-12-2013, 07:28 PM
no it is for 6.1 4s this build only---> iPhone4,1_6.1_10B142_Restore i havnt posted one for 6.1.1
Thanks for your reply. Although Im still curious if this patch allows enables us to change MIN and MDN. I curetly
have a Sprint iphone 4S that is JB on 6.1.1. I was accessing the carrier.pri and was trying to change MIN and MDN. So out of the blue I seen <KeypadProvisioningNumber> and its value was ##675.....I tried it and entered my SPC code I had retrieved and it allowed me to program MIN and MDN. Anyway guess I need page plus bundle installed and Im good to go?? just throwing this info out there. Thanx

majedksm
02-12-2013, 09:59 PM
thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanxs

netlion
02-14-2013, 03:25 PM
thanks alot i think this will work

honetibb
02-14-2013, 06:02 PM
didnt work on sprint iphone 4s ios 6.1
cant rest MSl to zeros even after bundle increment

- - - Updated - - -

cant rest MSl to zeros even after bundle increment and using the right code for msl reset in pri file

- - - Updated - - -

cant rest MSl to zeros even after bundle increment and using the right code for msl reset in pri file

honetibb
02-14-2013, 06:10 PM
note: iam using build 10B142 and evasi0n ver 1.3 does jailbreaking with redsn0w or evasi0n makes any difference

rich hathaway
02-14-2013, 09:07 PM
well what exactly are you expecting this to do? all it does is patch commcenter.

honetibb
02-15-2013, 03:20 PM
so it dosent work the same way as in iphone 4 commcneter patch?

rich hathaway
02-15-2013, 03:24 PM
it patches commcenter,thats it.no more no less.4s is different if you are trying to load a custom carrier bundle or mod an existing one.this patch is required but there is more required to accomplish this than a cc patch on ip 4s and 5

honetibb
02-15-2013, 06:20 PM
i'd like to thank yourich hathaway ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
([Only registered and activated users can see links])

for the great job u have been doing, u have helped us alot and we learned from u alot
looking forward for your 4s tool and i wish this one wont be stolen like the first
greeting from my country .Yemen

huke_76
02-16-2013, 02:57 AM
thank U very much , I need it.

chengtao
02-16-2013, 10:17 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

wolfpackman
02-18-2013, 04:28 PM
thanks for posting this, will try it out

sd_N2013
02-18-2013, 10:03 PM
RICH....this patch did work on Sprint iPhone 4S on the 6.1.1 update. Thx.

motiam4
03-28-2013, 06:45 AM
thank you.great job

alakel
05-20-2014, 05:40 PM
than youuuuuuu veeeery