PDA

View Full Version : i have aqustaion about qpst

ranen telecom
01-02-2013, 04:33 AM
hello all

plaese i want to know how to creates firmware and file system image with Gang Flash Image Application

can any one help me

thankyou

rich hathaway
01-02-2013, 11:31 AM
it doesnt create firmware,it allows for modification,remember the name pst(product service tool). but i would be very careful using it,if it packs it for you it will likely be missing signatures and brick your phone when you load it as the first thing that happens when you load firm to phone is it erases your disk & system images to allow room for the new one,so when it fails there will be no old os to boot from anymore.

ranen telecom
01-03-2013, 10:31 AM
it doesnt create firmware,it allows for modification,remember the name pst(product service tool). but i would be very careful using it,if it packs it for you it will likely be missing signatures and brick your phone when you load it as the first thing that happens when you load firm to phone is it erases your disk & system images to allow room for the new one,so when it fails there will be no old os to boot from anymore.

thankyou but is there any software to creatfirmware

rich hathaway
01-03-2013, 11:17 AM
to create a complete firmware,no.most softwares are for editing only. what phone are you messing with?

ranen telecom
01-05-2013, 02:14 AM
to create a complete firmware,no.most softwares are for editing only. what phone are you messing with?

i have achina phone with gsm and cdma and many problem come with cdma cpu then i want to read good flash from another phone

to write it to damaged phone and flash size usually 4mb

rich hathaway
01-05-2013, 10:32 AM
i have had some experience with china phones,but none in the last year so there phone may be different now.but i used to be able to flash/unlock and set custom apn's to them with basic manual programming,but to write a firm for it,its not gonna happen. you may be able to pull the firm from a working phone,but fair warning they always need mods before considerd safe to reload on a phone,if you load what you pull,you will brick most every time. i will add the command to help you pull the sys images and boot images from it,it will also pull the recovery.img if there is one,i dont have it here at home,but will try to remember to add it to this when i get to work.