PDA

View Full Version : Not receiving SMS from numbers containing zero.

rolex121
12-21-2012, 04:53 PM
I have Verizon iPhone 6.0.1 flashed to other carrier outside US (Perfectum Mobile). Everything works fine exept sms not being received when sent from numbers that cotain zero, ex: +1 123 1201234, +1 120 123 3456, but works well when sms is sent to number(even that contain 0). Incomin/outgoing calls, Internet works fine, I haven't tested mms though(I don't need it). I can't understand why the phone receives sms only when no zeros. I'm not the only who faced this issue, have been tested on all IOS 6x and 5x, as well as Sprint iPhones. Any solution to this, or anyone had the same issue?

rich hathaway
12-21-2012, 05:39 PM
reboot it tethered

rolex121
12-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Did many times. Doesn't help.

rich hathaway
12-21-2012, 07:55 PM
what tool did you flash with?

rolex121
12-22-2012, 04:33 AM
DFS 4.0.2.0 (cdmatool.com)

rich hathaway
12-22-2012, 10:31 AM
cant be sure but i would say it is a problem with dfs's tool.i dont say that to be bias,here is what i base my opinion on. when we moved to the 6x platform we also encountered a "sms bug" it also affected mms a little.we found that bug before release of the support for 6x was put out and corrected it.so it may be that same or similar bug they have in there tool.why dont hit there support up on skype to get help? if i am correct there is no help you can get from any forum for that problem it needs to be corrected in the software and your phone reflashed.so unless you have been fooling with nv items or your account with your carrier has feature code issues that is where problem most likely is

rolex121
12-22-2012, 08:17 PM
So two possible reasons for this problem: a carrier who cannot deliver sms because of code issues, or wrongly flashed (bad software). Assuming that it is a carrier problem, sms issue should be not only with iPhones, can it be that sms is being delivered correctly to a normal phone, even a flashed one other than iPhone, while can't be done when iPhone? Or should I reflash it with other software?

rich hathaway
12-22-2012, 10:30 PM
iphone has trouble with IA5 (international alphabet 5) you should check your carrier to see how they deal with sending and receiving sms.

here,read my post here where we had a similar issue with cricket wireless,in the end to get it to work we convinced cricket to adjust the way they deal with sms and that corrected the problem for us.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

but if sms was working until 6xx then it is def the flash and not the carriers issue

rolex121
12-23-2012, 01:17 PM
sms worked correctly nither on 6xx, nor on 5xx. If so it is defenetly carriers issue?

rich hathaway
12-23-2012, 01:58 PM
sounds like a carrier issue,but only way to be sure is to get that sms specific info from them to see how they are sending and receiving them