PDA

View Full Version : VZW Mifi 2200 Firmware

4MUSKRAT
12-06-2012, 12:26 PM
ok I have a Sprint Mifi 2200 & would like to load Verizon's Firmware on it. Question is where to find a download of this firmware & how would I load it? I have a Verizon mifi 2200 so could I use CDMA WS 3.8.7 to pull the firmware then put it onto the Sprint Device? Reason I care is the Verizon 1 won't charge but can connect to pc & I would like to be able to charge the device while using so I don't have to swap batteries all the time. Thanks for any info

Or can I just load all my info & files for vzw onto the Sprint device & get the same speeds as I get on the VZW 1? just thought about this.

rich hathaway
12-06-2012, 01:31 PM
you cant pull the firm with cdma ws. i dont think you will be have much luck pulling the firm,we can pull system/boot/ect images from android devices but as you know thats not an android. i have seen firms for vzw and spr mifi's posted around the net,there are many platforms for these devices,not sure if they are reverse compatible or not but you should check for that before you render your device inoperable.
i am assuming you think the vzw os is a faster smoother running sys than the sprint one,or if not why do you wish to change it? i am curious.

whitey10tc
12-06-2012, 01:38 PM
The firmware will have very little affect on speed, it's the prl and network. What carrier are you on VZW, Sprint, PP?

4MUSKRAT
12-06-2012, 01:57 PM
The reason I want to use the Sprint Mifi is Cause my VZW Mifi device charge port won't charge the device & swapping batteries in & out suks. I read somewhere awhile back that it is possible to swap the firmware on these supposedly. Not so much that 1 is smoother than the other I personally wasn't able to get the sprint mifi to work on vzw. I set it up the same as I would a vzw device with prl,username, passwords, nv items etc.... No go unless i was forgetting/missing something which may b very possible that's y I threw that in there at the bottom. I have already changed the spc so I can get into the sprint device.

I am on Verizon PrePaid so esn/meid is not a factor

JaiFar1996
12-07-2012, 02:05 AM
Isnt it DFS that has the firmware in there that u can write to the sprint version? Ive just got a 4510L on VZ PP. way faster than the 2200

4MUSKRAT
12-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Isnt it DFS that has the firmware in there that u can write to the sprint version? Ive just got a 4510L on VZ PP. way faster than the 2200

Yes DFS has the Firmware I do believe. It costs $35 for 5 minutes though so I would just buy a diff device if I have to pay that much.

So is it the same process/steps to put a 4510L Device on Vzw pp?

rich hathaway
12-07-2012, 11:48 AM
the problem with putting a spr device on vzw and getting 3g at least for phones,i am sure its the same with the mifi,is the passwords must be encrypted,and takes some nv work and adding a file to the phone so loading the vzw firm is a much simpler way to go as that will do it for you.

4MUSKRAT
12-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Yea I tried the whole nv files & all that but I didn't work for some reason mayb I'll try again. I can do phones with no issues at all but this for some reason this Sprint Mifi is giving me issues. I could care less if the Sprint firm is still on the device I just would like to have a device I can plug in & charges when the battery gets low so it don't disconnect from the web is what I'm after. It suks having to swap batteries all the time.

I'll resave all the info from the working VZW MiFi 2200 & try reloading onto the Sprint 2200. I know the encrypted passwords as well. I'll post back with results.

rich hathaway
12-07-2012, 01:46 PM
you cant know the encrypted passwords,they are written by a ( dmu) file that that mifi doesn't use because its sprint,and the nv items are not just the user and pass files they are the nv's that control whether the dmu is ignored or not.and the encrypted passwords are different for each device,so you couldn't possibly know the unique pass that sprint device needs,well i mean you could if you set it up right and let the device generate it for you.

4MUSKRAT
12-07-2012, 02:02 PM
ahh I thought u were talking about the ha & aaa passwords. that's y I responded like I did

elisa191
12-08-2012, 01:49 AM
Yes DFS has the Firmware I do believe. It costs $35 for 5 minutes though so I would just buy a diff device if I have to pay that much.

So is it the same process/steps to put a 4510L Device on Vzw pp?

Yes DFS has the Verizon firmware and if you follow Rich's suggestion and flash the Verizon firmware to the 2200 it literally takes five minutes to flash to boost or Verizon prepaid and unlike the sprint firmware there is no updating needed.

We do a bunch of these so the Evolution version of DFS pays for itself in 10 mifis - just food for thought

elisa191

Josue Proano
12-31-2012, 05:38 AM
Yes DFS has the Verizon firmware and if you follow Rich's suggestion and flash the Verizon firmware to the 2200 it literally takes five minutes to flash to boost or Verizon prepaid and unlike the sprint firmware there is no updating needed.

We do a bunch of these so the Evolution version of DFS pays for itself in 10 mifis - just food for thought

elisa191

Is there a tutorial or guide that can teach me how to flash a verzion mifi 2200 to verizon prepaid? I've been looking all over and I dont know where to start.

4MUSKRAT
12-31-2012, 01:13 PM
Nope No Guides. I looked all over & ended up having to pay for it which I don't mind. I would rather it that way.

iflash
02-05-2013, 07:32 AM
you can dump the firmware and load it on another verizon mifi, never tried from on carrier to another, should be a way. i have done it with phones

iflash
02-05-2013, 07:41 AM

elisa191

i only use cw to flash, very simple and quick

deathtrip
02-05-2013, 09:14 PM
I've done several Sprint and VZW MiFi's to Boost with little to no problems whatsoever. They take just a few moments to do. VZW is easiest because of the SPC being 000000 already though.

Sponge76
03-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Hey I am willing to pay so you can show me Sprint mifi flashing. I know how to flash verizon but not sprint

4MUSKRAT
05-07-2013, 04:36 AM
Y Yes it is DFS & Y YES those 4510's Kick some Butt huh. I figured all of the above out & some others but I like those 4510's nice device's

WireLesS G
05-10-2013, 02:53 AM
Files are marked private. Unable to download

123456&
05-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Use my link for Verizon MIFI 2200.
[HIDE-THANKS][Only registered and activated users can see links][/HIDE-THANKS]
([Only registered and activated users can see links])

jackfrost
05-12-2013, 11:19 PM
thank you will try this out

h8phckallh0z
10-23-2013, 09:44 PM
thank you will advise with result

pawnshop
12-13-2016, 10:38 AM
sorry to bump this old thread, but im trying to flash my mifi2200 verizon and in DFS i cannot change the meid or esn. the device goes offline. i've used dfs to flash other devices, but this mifi is not taking in the new values. the numbers on the nam tabs seem to take but no other values change. anyone have any ideas why it's not working?

rich hathaway
12-13-2016, 12:15 PM
dfs tends to fubar novatel devices especially 2200's you are suppose to use the zero cefs file in that tool, then write esn then load a full nv dump back to it to regain service, I do not use that tool much but know this to be true. If you use it and upon reboot your device is "stuck" in download mode then you that has happened and your device will have to be recovered before you can use it so be careful with dfs.