PDA

View Full Version : [HOW TO - Tutorial] Nexus S 4g data PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

genecide619
12-03-2012, 09:45 PM
I have already flashed this sprint phone to cricket. I have talk and text. 3g icon shows up but no data. i flashed it thanks to so many forums I have visited, but I have followed the steps in every direction and cant seem to get data....im not even worrying about MMS right now, I just really want to get the 3g going. If anyone can help I would be really apreciative. I have all the tools but am still experimenting. Im really stuck. again please help.

rich hathaway
12-03-2012, 11:18 PM
well were guessing at what you have done,so why dont you tell us and it will be easier to tell you what you need to do to correct/finish it.

genecide619
12-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Basically I followed some directions that I found on Cricket Users .com and it got me talk and text, but I seem to be having trouble with the QPST settings where I enter the settings in MIP and PPP for UM and AM. I know I have them correct, but I cant seem to get it to work. I will atttach what I have done so far. Also when I enter the NV items from whiterabbit .org via CDMA workshop, it shows succesfully written to phone, but the monitor shows bad parameters. I dont know if I exlained anything. Im computer saavy but not very technical when it comes to phones. I am trying though. I always show thanks for all the hardwork.

IT didnt allow me to upload a word doc that had my settings on to see if someone could verify anything,. again any help would be really appreciated.

well were guessing at what you have done,so why dont you tell us and it will be easier to tell you what you need to do to correct/finish it.

rich hathaway
12-04-2012, 11:07 AM
i am not sure what or who's guide your following over there,but i never use qpst to flash anything because it is so limited. you are writing nv's because the program wasnt built to allow you to write the neccessary user names and passwords and profiles.i am assuming you dont have cdma workshop,so your easiest way out is to dl the tool from Wireless Workshop : Fast, Reliable Phone Flashing. Flash to Cricket or Page Plus. ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and use it to flash that phone,i think they have single use credits you can buy for cheap,all you will do is input your mdn(phone number) and min (mobile id number) and sid (system id number) into there and it does the rest. if you have workshop or another proffesional software that get the job done in a conventional way and need a guide i will help you,if not it would really be simpler for you to ck out ww.

genecide619
12-04-2012, 04:20 PM
I actually do have CDMA workshop i have 3.7 or 3.8, not quite sure. I have flashed other phones before and have had no problem using QPST and CDMA workshop hand in hand. Usually i Just juse CDMA workshop to unlock SPC and to write PRL. Any how RIch Hathaway, I would really appreciate your help and guidance. This is what I been following: There is actually more, which includes boot loader unlocking and using other files to get mms to work. Im interested in web, talk, and text for now. Im sure I can figure out the rest.

Flashing the samsung nexus 4g
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
step 1: install the drivers
step 2: put phone in diag mode by dialing *#*#8778#*#* then put usb part on modem.
Step 3: open cdma workshop, connect to whichever com port your phone is on ( goto start menu, control panel, system, device manager, ports (com & LPT))
step 4: click read, goto security and in the passwords section use the default samsung password, click send, now look at the spc/ user lock section just to the right and you'll see the spc code.
step 5: click the spc box, click write 000000, click ok on the little pop up, you just changed the spc to 000000.
step 6: goto to the other tab, click write in the prl section find and open the cricket prl. Click ok on the popup. prl has been written.
step 7: goto main tab, click read at the bottom, input your MIN in, and put your MDN at the Dir_Number box.
step 9: go back to main tab and click mode at the very top and then reset. Exit Cdma workshop.

3G & internet
step 10: open QPST version 2.7 build 366. Goto QPST Configuration, Click add new port, find your port where the phone is on, click ok.
step 11: npw click on Start clients up at the very top, click service programming. Click ok on the little box.
step 12: click read from phone on the botton, click ok on the spc screen that popups, Now go to M.IP up top.
step 13: edit every profile, if you have only two profiles add another one for a total of three profiles. Change Mobile IP Behavior to simple Ip only.

rich hathaway
12-04-2012, 07:06 PM
oh lol,if you have cdma ws 3.7 or 3.8 then throw out qpst you do not need it,probly ever.i havent used it in over 2 years,it was good way back when or maybe if you dont have one of the professional tools,but you do,so.

ok here is a hand written solution for data on nexus s 4g

[hide-thanks]
now open MIP profiles,put 2 in the profiles box,set active to 1,and make sure that you only have profile 1 enabled only leave profile 0 alone but make sure its not enabled,now write your user and pass to profile 1 only.set mip Beh to simple IP,close that MIP box out and click write unplug your phone and pull the battery and you will have data,clear the rtsp and write to 0.0.0.0 for both ip's and set both ports to 0 to enable streaming of media,i.e. youtube,pandora,ect.[/hide-thanks]

genecide619
12-04-2012, 07:27 PM
I dont see an EVDO tab. I may have the demo. It was passed on to me by a friend. ***k. Thank you so much for your time. also stupid question...lol, but what is an android PRL. i dont think I have any.

rich hathaway
12-04-2012, 08:59 PM
35527.prl is current and nationwide,and if you didnt pay for ws,then you dont have it,it is only 108 bucks if you wanna get it.but really just use wirelessworkshop.com it is automated.